• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
That's why I originally didn't want to be in Gryffindor. The welcome letter is absolutely terrible and wasn't what I would have expected. Just because the books focus on Gryffindor doesn't mean most people truly understand it, the traits, and the characteristics that make up a Gryffindor. Though, Godric Gryffindor wouldn't be mentioned apart from "he's the founder" kind of things. That stuff would go in his own biography page.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I've come to the conclusion that Ms. Rowling's people have forgotten all about me and I will have to register when the place opens to the public in October like the commoner casual fans :(

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Well, it's not the one thing that's gonna turn me down. After all we should always keep in our minds that this is still in beta, so by October we'd be getting our worth in information. I guess JKR did a head start on the others because that needed a lot of focus than Gryffindor for the time being.

But it's not just Dumbledore and Gryffindor on there. There's plenty of wizards and witches that have done good in that House.

That's why I originally didn't want to be in Gryffindor. The welcome letter is absolutely terrible and wasn't what I would have expected.

You're glad not to be in Gryffindor, but shocked to be in Slytherin? :P

Shining Raichu said:
I've come to the conclusion that Ms. Rowling's people have forgotten all about me and I will have to register when the place opens to the public in October like the commoner casual fans

Aww, don't worry, you've still got two weeks for it to come in. I know that sounds hard to say when even I was getting frantic and thought that I'd never get mine. Patience is a true virtue!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
My second account got in and I'm convinced that this one is more accurate.

My wand: Holly with Dragon Heartstring, 11 1/2 inches, supple.
I was sorted into Gryffindor.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I haven't decided yet. I know I'm going to end up deleting one of them because I only want one account for this. I have too many accounts on too many sites to keep track of if I keep them all. I like my wand a lot more and I like the fact that I was sorted into Gryffindor on this account, but I like the fact that I registered on Day 1 on my first account.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I guess people would be lucky that their names are all anonymous, so they'd never be able to connect one account to another and it's the same person.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Ugh, I don't think I'm all up for Pottermore anymore. It was giving me a lot of excitement around the time it was first announced but now, I'm quite bored of it already despite not having experienced it yet. ):

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
^ I'm actually not posting on this club much because of Pottermore. I'm waiting until October for that.

So putting that aside, may I initiate a new 'poll' discussion?

What do you think it'd be like if you were part of the Weasley family? Would you like it/not? What would you, as a person, add to the Weasleys?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
It would be way too crowded @~@ And all those brothers...

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
I would like to be a Weasley, yes! It has been an ever fantasy of mine to be called a Weasley! I do love being in quite a big family, having and especially having twin brothers! Oh god, I've been wishing for a twin sibling ever since the beginning of time!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I would not like being a Weasley. :( I don't think I'd manage as well with a ton of siblings and I... kind of like being upper middle class, thank you. 8D;

(Also I got into Pottermore last week, guys! Couldn't explore it much until yesterday due to no internet but I got into Ravenclaw which was what I figured I would get into. n_n)

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I suppose you do get bored of it once you're done exploring the book. I'll keep my patience as long as I can.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Still no email from Pottermore - I think I've just totally given up at this point. Oh well, I may not even bother with Pottermore at all - Patchisou linked me to that spoiler blog on MSN anyway so I'll just go on that and find out all the cool things I want to know.

Anyway, I've posted another Potter thread in Culture & Media which you should all check out and reply to! I was going to ask the questions here, but I think it fits better there where more people have access to it because it's about something larger and broader than Harry Potter as well.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm waiting for October to come around and then I'll join again. Since completing The Philospher's Stone, I've rarely came back to do anything else. I mean I could spend the time brewing potions, but I'd like to build House Points for the house I believe I truly belong in; Gryffindor. I tried accepting the fact that I was placed into Slytherin, but I really can't see myself there. I just hope that when I go back I can get a great wand like I got the first time around. Oh, and hopefully I'll be placed into Gryffindor at the same time of course. I may be okay if I were to get Ravenclaw though.

On another note, I'm really upset with the feedback set up. There's so many specific things I'd like to suggest, that their feedback page doesn't help at all.

@ShiningRaichu It took me a few takes to get my answer right in your thread, but I think I got my message across well enough!

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, the feedback thing is *really* annoying. I can't remember what I thought of before, but it was stuff like potions glitch sometimes, but not all the time, or being able to reply to comments and the other person gets a notification, and stuff like that.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I'm not going to make another account when October rolls by. I'm perfectly happy where I am. I wish I could join my compatriots and start racking up points though.

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
Years
Join?

What house are you in?: Hufflepuff. I don't know what any of the other houses are like on Pottermore, but I absolutely love mine.
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Sycamore, 9 3/4" in length, with a dragon heartstring core.
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: Yellow!

Back