• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Today a priest listed 5 things that ar always wrong when we vote. Among those is same-sex marriage.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Today a priest listed 5 things that ar always wrong when we vote. Among those is same-sex marriage.

Find a different church to attend. No one's bounding you to that one.. and you're entitled to switch pastors if you found what he said unbearable and you can't get past it. What's the point in bringing it up other than to feed the opposition.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Find a different church to attend. No one's bounding you to that one.. and you're entitled to switch pastors if you found what he said unbearable and you can't get past it.

I'm Catholic (by choice). My options are limited. I don't see him as a bad person, just misguided. I might speak to him about it, though. Members of the county Republican Party and the local Tea Party know my views on same-sex marriage, and they still respect me even though we disagree.

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
Years
Ugh...anyone else been in a relationship with a partner that doesn't deserve you?
Quite the opposite, actually, and I came pretty close to losing him recently. I really think I was taking our relationship for granted - I didn't see that it wasn't going the way he was hoping it would. I wish there was more I could do about it, but I'm naturally just shy and negative and he seems to be giving up on getting me to come out of my shell.

]:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I'm Catholic (by choice). My options are limited. I don't see him as a bad person, just misguided. I might speak to him about it, though. Members of the county Republican Party and the local Tea Party know my views on same-sex marriage, and they still respect me even though we disagree.

No point to speak about it. He probably draws that from the bible and interprets it literally, and that's his view about it. Sure he knows your view, but you'd be incredibly egotistical to actually think he was directing his entire mass solely at you. If you can get past the fact that he sees it in a different light in order to continue going to mass, then leave it alone. Why pay more mind to differences like that then need be? If he brings it up every time only then would I speak to him and tell him it makes you uncomfortable and you find it unneccessary in an age such as this.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I have a bit of a juicy question.

Would you ever have sex with your significant other's sibling in order to produce a child with genetic material from both sides of the family?

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years

Would you ever have sex with your significant other's sibling in order to produce a child with genetic material from both sides of the family?

I guess this question applies to me even though I'm not LGBT..
If my boyfriend couldn't have kids and is brother could; I still wouldn't do it, even if he and his brother consented. I find sex to be an intimate thing that's to be shared with only the one you love.. and so I couldn't bring myself to do that.

There are other ways for it; such as invetro fertilization/ surrogate mothers. It's pricey but at least it wouldn't be an invasion of intimacy/ privacy.

But alas, if I couldn't have a kid with my boyfriend, I'd adopt. DNA doesn't mean much to me.. a mother can be a mother without the kid having to come from my belly. Simple~ :3

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
I guess this question applies to me even though I'm not LGBT..
If my boyfriend couldn't have kids and is brother could; I still wouldn't do it, even if he and his brother consented. I find sex to be an intimate thing that's to be shared with only the one you love.. and so I couldn't bring myself to do that.

There are other ways for it; such as invetro fertilization/ surrogate mothers. It's pricey but at least it wouldn't be an invasion of intimacy/ privacy.

But alas, if I couldn't have a kid with my boyfriend, I'd adopt. DNA doesn't mean much to me.. a mother can be a mother without the kid having to come from my belly. Simple~ :3

A surrogate isn't genetically similar to your boyfriend, though. That's the point. It's so the child could have similar genetics.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Not all churches are like that, though. There was maybe one political homily in my Catholic church per year, and even then they didn't talk about same-sex marriage, just about abortion. The views in general won't change when you go from church to church (although they are much more lax than most people tend to think), but how loudly they proclaim them will. Unless you have a very good reason to stay, I wouldn't hesitate to switch churches. When I was in church, I loved every pastor that was there, as well as the community, and I firmly believe that if you don't have that with your church then it's time to move on.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

I thought about it, but I would rather have the zygote fertilized in vitro! haha
I really wouldn't have sex with her, but I would like to have a piece of that DNA, lol.
It would be great have a child that is 50/50 blood quantum between me and my partner.

On the other hand, I know it would be hard on the sibling, as far as carrying and giving birth to the child, and then, having to give up the child as her own. (although she would still have a close relationship with the child) I also think that there are so many children that need to be adopted. I would love to give a child that has very little a great life.

anyone else been in a relationship with a partner that doesn't deserve you?

Yeah! He didn't have a job. He didn't go to school. He was a drug addict. He didn't have any respect for me. I supported him financially and emotionally. The only thing he had was glib charm and sexiness, lmao. Although, I'd have to say that his "performance" abilities were not up to my standards; stop popping pills, and start popping...okay, I won't go there, lmao.

In future, I promised myself I would be extremely selective. You need to have intelligence, degree(degree-seeking), respectfulness, compassion, morality(in the ballpark of what I think is moral), and the handsomeness to top it all off.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
What do you guys think of this It Doesn't Get Better video?

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
Wouldn't have sex with that person, but in-vitro, surrogacy or adoption would be acceptable to me. But I highly doubt that I'd seek to have children if me and my partner couldn't have them...not without being together with that person for a LONG time and being sure the relationship is not only stable but rewarding even after the initial "love at first sight" wears off. But I'm just a careful person in that way, I wouldn't even bear a child with a member of the opposite sex unless I was sure I could take proper responsibility for it.

In reply to the "It doesn't get better" video, how old is this guy? I don't think he looks very old, maybe late twenties at most, so he's in absolutely no position to speak so negatively...especially if he didn't or couldn't find someone supportive to hang on to. It sucks but there are cases where it doesn't get better by much or very fast.

That doesn't invalidate the ideal of "It gets better" though. Not in my opinion.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
What do you guys think of this It Doesn't Get Better video?
That was really quite depressing to watch. I dont know what has happened to him to make him so bitter, but I truly hope I dont end up sounding like him. I mean sure he proved some fair points but I dont think I could be all too happy constantly thinking that way and sharing his outlook.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years

Not all churches are like that, though. There was maybe one political homily in my Catholic church per year, and even then they didn't talk about same-sex marriage, just about abortion. The views in general won't change when you go from church to church (although they are much more lax than most people tend to think), but how loudly they proclaim them will. Unless you have a very good reason to stay, I wouldn't hesitate to switch churches. When I was in church, I loved every pastor that was there, as well as the community, and I firmly believe that if you don't have that with your church then it's time to move on.
I agree with this mostly, but I think you're wrong about views not being different from one church to the next. I've been to two churches (the only churches I ever remember being to in my life) where people were shockingly accepting. In the first one, I had a little trouble because everyone there knew me before they knew I was a girl, but in the second one it was really fantastic. I hadn't known anyone that went there, and I only told them my girlname and didn't explain anyone even one single thing, and they were immediate in accepting me and using the right name/pronouns. If they were intolerant and were simply less vocal about it, I would have felt the underlying layer of awkwardness, however I felt none of that with even one single member.

In reply to the "It doesn't get better" video, how old is this guy? I don't think he looks very old, maybe late twenties at most, so he's in absolutely no position to speak so negatively...especially if he didn't or couldn't find someone supportive to hang on to. It sucks but there are cases where it doesn't get better by much or very fast.
I watched it and it was actually less negative than I expected considering how people were talking about it in this thread. I mean, he actually got to a really important point, which I didn't think he would.
I definitely think he's too negative though, not for his age but really for anybody, because in my own very short, very limited experience even for me it has gotten much better, but now that I think of it my perspective has changed just as much, if not more than my actual situation.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I agree with this mostly, but I think you're wrong about views not being different from one church to the next. I've been to two churches (the only churches I ever remember being to in my life) where people were shockingly accepting. In the first one, I had a little trouble because everyone there knew me before they knew I was a girl, but in the second one it was really fantastic. I hadn't known anyone that went there, and I only told them my girlname and didn't explain anyone even one single thing, and they were immediate in accepting me and using the right name/pronouns. If they were intolerant and were simply less vocal about it, I would have felt the underlying layer of awkwardness, however I felt none of that with even one single member.

By views I mean the doctrines of the church. I don't know if the two churches you went to were of the same denomination, but from one Catholic church to the next they teach to love everyone no matter who they are or their sexuality, it's a blanket belief that covers every Catholic church. Yeah, some people are more tolerant than others and that affects the attitude of the church in general, but the doctrines don't change.

Back