• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Fire Red: The Hard Version!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I noticed that as I was editing yesterday, since then I've released a later version of 0.74 so just download that, patch it on your ROM and continue it should be fixed.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Good job so far, Joe!

To answer what someone else said above, I believe since this is a 386 hack, the ice-type pokemon are correctly placed in rock tunnel, it's a great place to have some of them since they can't be practically out in the open-and only two ice caves are there in total.

Good luck finishing this one as well!

blue

gucci
Years
Thanks! that's true there are a limited amount of Ice Caves and more Ice types that can fit. I should be able to finish this quicker now as I've completed Expert Emerald asike some slight tweaks now and then.

Years
  • Seen May 12, 2021
not sure if this was mentioned yet but both my taillow and swablu didnt evolve until three levels after when they were supposed to and im stuck in lavender town and i cant go down cuz the snorlax and i cant go left cuz its blocked off for some reason

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
The stats of the evolutions have been raised therefore it's more of a challenge to evolve them which is more effort. Regarding the Lavender blockage problem I have mistakenly untouched the movement positions but I've fixed that and re-uploaded the patch so it should be fine now.

blue

gucci
Years
That was intentional for a script later on however I decided to remove it to speed things up, just download the new beta and patch it and he should be removed.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 7, 2014
great game!! i love it haha. something i noticed: when you walk into the game corner in celadon city, you spawn in the middle of the room instead of in the door way.

also... where do you find stantler??? ;( i cant find him anywhere!
anyways, awesome hack. i cant wait until the next beta comes out!

Years
This may be a lot of hard work but I think yo should make a document where you have a list of all the pokemon and where they could be found. Because I want to do a Let's Play of this game and I want to see different team options.

blue

gucci
Years
This may be a lot of hard work but I think yo should make a document where you have a list of all the pokemon and where they could be found. Because I want to do a Let's Play of this game and I want to see different team options.

I'm actually currently in the middle of creating a list of locations for each Pokémon, should be released within the next beta or two, hopefully!

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
I'm playing this, just finished 6th Badge, and I'm really liking it.
If you don't mind i'd like to add some more trainers to the game, mess around with it.
Also there are quite a few unedited grunts especially in Silph Tower
One Fisherman south of Lavender Town is unedited his name was Hank or something, also Scientist Ed (his name is the only one I remember.)

Years
Not sure if this has been asked but what level does Graveler evolve?
The document says 45 which i've passed and the thread says level 50 which i've passed.

Could anyone help me out here?

EDIT: Don't worry, it evolved level 51 :P

Still this is a great and fun game. It's quite challenging.

blue

gucci
Years
No major changes on the latest release aside some unedited trainers who are now edited, mostly Rocket Grunts at Silph Co. which I had a feeling would have some unedited around that area. I'm positive that at least 95% of all trainers up to and including Two Island have been completely edited!

I'm playing this, just finished 6th Badge, and I'm really liking it.
If you don't mind i'd like to add some more trainers to the game, mess around with it.
Also there are quite a few unedited grunts especially in Silph Tower
One Fisherman south of Lavender Town is unedited his name was Hank or something, also Scientist Ed (his name is the only one I remember.)

Thank you for letting me know and noting the names, I've fixed that!

Also, I've fixed and swapped some levels for evolution round and corrected the errors regarding evolutions on the OP and the documentation, all levels are now correct.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Well it's upto Island Two so the main things that need to be done are: 8th Gym, Elite Four, Victory Road, Four-Seven Islands, Elite Four Rematches & Gym Rematches so I'd say around 70-80% yeah!

Pearlone

Beginning Mapper Spriter
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 9, 2017
Actually I have played Fire Red where I set up a National Dex in the beginning what will happen is that when you get to the Elite Four the door will be blocked, you will have to do the Lorelei/Team Rocket Warehouse story first before you face Elite Four.

Years
  • Seen Oct 15, 2013
this is exactly the kind of rom I'm looking for!

quick question:
If I were to start playing now, and then you release a new beta, can I patch the newer beta right over the old rom without losing my save?

Years
The two rocket grunts standing in the way at Two Island.
Is that the end of the beta or is there something to still do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back