• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
A Pokemon with an EXP. Share still gets EVs right?
So for example: My Snover with pokerus and EXP. Share is going to get 2 Sp. Atk EVs from a Litwick?

Yes. Each Pokemon that gets Exp in a battle will get the same EVs.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years

The XTransceiver is that video phone thing, and the Passby Statistics are those surveys in Castelia City.
Oh ok, the Live Caster. I can't do that since I only have DS Lite.

To do the "Passerby" thing, won't we all have to have completed the surveys?

I'd also like to know more about how you can see what your friends answered to the questions, and how you can keep connected with them (isn't there some area where I can add them to my friends list, like that book in the "Key Items" bag?).

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Question about the Masuda method

If I have a Foriegn ditto will I be able to do it? Also, am I able to obtain foreign pokemon through the GTS? If so how?

Also how do you know if there foreign? I have a zorua that is from the event with the OT being in Japanese? Does that make him foreign?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If I have a Foriegn ditto will I be able to do it? Also, am I able to obtain foreign pokemon through the GTS? If so how?

Also how do you know if there foreign? I have a zorua that is from the event with the OT being in Japanese? Does that make him foreign?

For the first part, I know having a foreign Ditto will allow you to do that, yes, as with any Pokemon that is foreign. The second question I don't know, which is why I merged this here (where future questions like this should go).

But as for the last question, yes if it's in Japanese it's a foreign Pokemon. :)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012

For the first part, I know having a foreign Ditto will allow you to do that, yes, as with any Pokemon that is foreign. The second question I don't know, which is why I merged this here (where future questions like this should go).

But as for the last question, yes if it's in Japanese it's a foreign Pokemon. :)

Awesome thanks! Just to be sure if the pokemon has the OT as a different language, it is defiantly foreign?

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Okay, I just started the Pokemon Dream World. I got a Stantler, then after I exited DW, I got a DW event. How do I bring the Stantler and event back to Pokemon White version, as well as my Durant which was tucked in?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay, I just started the Pokemon Dream World. I got a Stantler, then after I exited DW, I got a DW event. How do I bring the Stantler and event back to Pokemon White version, as well as my Durant which was tucked in?

Just use the Game Sync how you did before (it'll ask you if you wanna wake it up) and it'll take the Pokemon back to your game (as long as you exited the Dream World properly, aka used the Tree of Dreams).

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
Years
Just use the Game Sync how you did before (it'll ask you if you wanna wake it up) and it'll take the Pokemon back to your game (as long as you exited the Dream World properly, aka used the Tree of Dreams).

When Durant wakes up, how do I get the pokemon I befriended in the dream world out?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Go to the menu on the far right on the C-Gear, click Entralink and visit it. There you can walk through to the forest and you'll find the Pokemon you befriended. :3 Just battle it & capture with Dream Ball!

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
First time I've seen this message, "Game Sync has run out of energy. It will take one day to recharge it." I haven't played for about a week, could this be causing Game Sync to "run out of energy?"

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
Is the Dream World Arceus available in Europe?
It appears on the Information bar on my Dream World, and I know the password, I just don't know where to enter it...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I believe it is available for all non-Japanese games. To obtain it, you would go into the Global Link page, click "Promotions", and then click the relevant promotion and enter the password there.

Giraffe

キリンリキ
Years
Oh goodness, I forgot about the Promotions page;
That's why I was confused about not having anywhere to enter the password xD

Thank you!

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
First time I've seen this message, "Game Sync has run out of energy. It will take one day to recharge it." I haven't played for about a week, could this be causing Game Sync to "run out of energy?"
I should go on to say, I only have one DS and haven't changed the time on it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
What are some of the best guides for completely beginner RNGing

I tried following a video but I couldn't figure it out. I need one for completely beginners.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
What are some of the best guides for completely beginner RNGing

I tried following a video but I couldn't figure it out. I need one for completely beginners.

TwilightBlade's RNG breeding guide: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6990046&postcount=3

Please read and try out that guide... it's excellent! If you have any more specific questions, please join us in the Trade Corner's IRC room which is linked in my signature. :) Good luck!

ceremony

rah rah
Years
I'm trying to connect to Dream World, but I'm getting a "your info will restart" message. Does that mean whatever Pokemon in DW will be lost, along with whatever else I have in that DW?

MudkipBoy

Ruby/Sapphire Veteran
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2024
How do I breed Pokemon in b/w? The daycare lady only let's me put in one Pokemon at a time. Help greatly appreciated :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How do I breed Pokemon in b/w? The daycare lady only let's me put in one Pokemon at a time. Help greatly appreciated :)

Wait until you get to Nimbasa, then you can breed, since the old man will let you put two Pokemon in there, it's an automatic event, so you get the bike there as soon as you enter. :3

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
To do the "Passerby" thing, won't we all have to have completed the surveys?

I'd also like to know more about how you can see what your friends answered to the questions, and how you can keep connected with them (isn't there some area where I can add them to my friends list, like that book in the "Key Items" bag?).
This question still hasn't been answered, so I'll re-post. Also, how exactly does the "Passerby" thing even work? I don't have much experience linking up with other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back