• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Idea] Russian Pokémon

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
You could also have the gym leaders represent allies and/or enemies of russia during the time... like, maybe a gym leader named Dwight. (as in Dwight Eisenhower), or Kai-Shek (as in Chinese/Taiwanese leader Chiang Kai-Shek)

o.o just a thought...

Years
He was basically the polar opposite of Shukov - had no pride whatsoever, which gave me the idea.
...Of course my English teacher last year told me all this, but whatever =P. He would be more the rival that follows you about, mooching off your success, and stabbing you in the back when you appear to be losing. It was a joke, really, seeing as it was about the closest I've come to studying Russian history.

The ball thing was a reference to this.
Well, that might work actually. I might Anglicize it a bit, though.

And I'll have you know that I've had that going round in my head for two days. xD I am the man who arrrrranges the blocks...
By the leaders, I meant that during the revolution different Soviets were set up in different towns.

The Soviets could be represented by Gyms, where you can go in and challenge the leader.
Oh, alright. That's pretty neat, actually. I might work with that. :3
I see the mental image, hmm this is very interesting, it would be awesome if anyone could pull it off.
Thanks! :3
Will this be multiplayer and online?
Um. Probably not. O.o
I like the region, but I was just wondering, where'd the starter town be?
Eight. Follow the route numbers to see how I imagined it working. ^_^
You could also have the gym leaders represent allies and/or enemies of russia during the time... like, maybe a gym leader named Dwight. (as in Dwight Eisenhower), or Kai-Shek (as in Chinese/Taiwanese leader Chiang Kai-Shek)

o.o just a thought...
Hm, that might work. Again, I'll definitely consider it.

----

Nothing on Unity? I'll assume that because no-one's moaned, everyone's happy with the idea. xD

Years
I like the idea, I like it alot. Maybe the ancient pokemon could be be based on atomic energy(atom bomb) and its counterpart (if there will be one) based on hydrogen energy(hydrogen bomb), I mean it's Russia.
- just a thought on the subject =3

Last edited:

Pokeman298

Life knows not right nor wrong
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2011
I like the idea, I like it alot. Maybe the ancient pokemon could be be based on atomic energy(atom bomb) and its counterpart (if there will be one) based on hydrogen energy(hydrogen bomb), just a thought on the subject.
a better name would be the hydro bomb, but that is a great idea

Years
I like the idea, I like it alot. Maybe the ancient pokemon could be be based on atomic energy(atom bomb) and its counterpart (if there will be one) based on hydrogen energy(hydrogen bomb), I mean it's Russia.
- just a thought on the subject =3

a better name would be the hydro bomb, but that is a great idea
Yeah, I think that could work. Unless we don't go with fakes at all. Our programmer, Christopher, thought it might be a nice idea to simply have variations on original Pokémon. You can read about it at our forum linked in my signature.

TomE22

Feelin' fine...
Years
If you succed to finish it, this game will surely be successful.

But I wast hinking, if the Team is based on Communists, then all of the members should be grunts, equals. Or at least, that's what the grunts think...

I would help with this, but I can't do anything. Good luck, anyway.

Years
If you succed to finish it, this game will surely be successful.

But I wast hinking, if the Team is based on Communists, then all of the members should be grunts, equals. Or at least, that's what the grunts think...

I would help with this, but I can't do anything. Good luck, anyway.
To paraphrase George Orwell, some grunts will be more equal than others. ;D

----

Update
Just a small one, granted, but I'd like to welcome Christopher (Java's Missingno), elarmasecreta and dinosaurodon to the team officially. Equally, we've come up with a name of:

Pokémon: Blood Star
Thoughts on that welcome.

Finally, Chris pitched the idea of not using Fakemon, but instead using existing ones and modifying them to suit the region. For instance, in a radioactive area, Koffing and Weezing might develop a fire typing and fire-related moves. I'm torn on the idea. Thoughts?

You can read more about both of these on the forum linked in my signature.

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
Years
Radioactive sounds like a good idea. I'd imagine more types would be part ghost now since they would "die". More Fire and Poison typing's make sense too. As does having certain PokéMon lose a typing. Like, for example... radioactivity causes Lapras to be pure water as ice melted away, or something...

Years
Just stopped by and I must say this looks quite interesting.
Although I do like the concept of no fakemon, but modifying the originals, there are just some concepts that I feel cannot be ignored.
I was looking through some old sketches and I found some Ice/Steel pokemon based on Cossacks.
I remember there was a game a while back that only had one line of fakes, which I thought was pretty cool.
EDIT: Haha it seems the next poster's game was the one I mentioned with a single line of fakes, Jellyfish tbe.

Last edited:

Ravecat

I'm Right.
Years
In a Radioactive Area; Muk and Grimer that are green instead of purple, corrosive Magnemites that have obtained a poison typing, and so forth.
RadioactiveSludgeMuk.png
CorrodedMagnemite.png

In a Snowy Area; Ursarings that have developed thick, snow-covered coats and are part Ice-type now. White Mightyenas, reminiscent of wolves.
ChilledTeddiursa.png
ChillySnow-CoveredUrsaring.png
WolfPoocheyna.png
WolfMighteyna.png

...come to think of it, I was going to do this in Reef anyway, haha.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
So far this sounds like a great idea. Maybe in a radioactive area have a three eyed magikarp or goldeen in a polluted lake (Referencing the Simpsons). And if you want to go one step further have the trainer use that Pokemon to get the factory (run by Team Unity) shutdown.

Years
Radioactive sounds like a good idea. I'd imagine more types would be part ghost now since they would "die". More Fire and Poison typing's make sense too. As does having certain PokéMon lose a typing. Like, for example... radioactivity causes Lapras to be pure water as ice melted away, or something...
An iceless Lapras. I like that. Yes.
A Dodrio with only two heads, perhaps? A one-eyed Claydol?
Perhaps, but why? What would give those an advantage in strange conditions?
So far this sounds like a great idea. Maybe in a radioactive area have a three eyed magikarp or goldeen in a polluted lake (Referencing the Simpsons). And if you want to go one step further have the trainer use that Pokemon to get the factory (run by Team Unity) shutdown.
I do like the three-eyed idea. xD Excellent.

----

So, there's another thread open to discuss this in detail at the forum. Meanwhile, I'm pleased to welcome Ravecat and AceDragonite to the team. :D

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
Years
Hmm...Pretty well concept. Perhaps, I can work on the Evil Team Grunt/Executive/Boss and Gym Leaders. As for the Sprites you can call the other member to do it. What do you think?

Pokemaster X

I own all the starters.
Years
some ideas

first of all, what are the starter pokemon? I think you should do a starter triangle like the original games but with diffrent pokemon and types, here is 1 triangle: fighting, dark, psychic. Another triangle is:ground, fire, and ice. Also you should add a bigger team that helps out the main character whenever their paths cross, so that there would be a bad-guy team AND a(n) (OFFICIAL) good-guy team. The bad guy team should be renamed from team magma to team blood (from the title of this hack) and the good guys team star (also from the title). Also the hack could be called Pokemon: The Russian World.... just a few ideas. Hope you let me join the team as an idealist and beta tester.... I have more ideas if ya want......

Back