• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Glaring Holes

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
Only looking for glaring holes, or better move-sets for the Pokemon on my team. After I do some more testing, I'll post in-depth descriptions of the Pokemon.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Quick Attack

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Softboiled
- Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost

Espeon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Toxic
- Psyshock
- Wish

Serperior (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Taunt
- Ice Beam
- Scald

Thank you in advance!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Question: why Water Absorb instead of Cursed Body on Jellicent? I don't think I've ever had anyone in competitive battling try to hit my Jellicent with a Water-type move, so if I had that ability it would be useless. Cursed Body seems much more useful.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Question: why Water Absorb instead of Cursed Body on Jellicent? I don't think I've ever had anyone in competitive battling try to hit my Jellicent with a Water-type move, so if I had that ability it would be useless. Cursed Body seems much more useful.

Nu-Uh, Water Absorb > Cursed Body, you can switch into them, meaning Jellicent can cover for Ground/Rock/Fire types.

Perriechu

Years
Life orb would be better.

Contrary isn't released, and it's banned on PO, Cause' it's an un-released DW Ability, and not many play the DW tier.

Espeon works better as a dual screener. w/ 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Spa. Light Screen/Reflect/Psyshock/Hidden Power [Fighting/Fire]

Ice beam isn't really that good on Jelli, I'd give it Will-O-Wisp then replace Scald with Surf.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011
Life orb would be better.

Contrary isn't released, and it's banned on PO, Cause' it's an un-released DW Ability, and not many play the DW tier.

Espeon works better as a dual screener. w/ 252 Hp / 252 Spe / 4 Spa. Light Screen/Reflect/Psyshock/Hidden Power [Fighting/Fire]

Ice beam isn't really that good on Jelli, I'd give it Will-O-Wisp then replace Scald with Surf.

Does Life Orb guarantee any KOs? Because numerous times Focus Sash would've gotten me a KO.

I play DW as that will eventually be the main meta-game, so I'm preparing myself.

I'll try that Espeon set, it looks promising. Would you recommend Fighting or Fire? I could see Fire, as I don't have it well represented on my team. However, Fighting would be useful against dark types, although useless against ghosts.

Thank you for the well-informed advice!

Perriechu

Years
Does Life Orb guarantee any KOs? Because numerous times Focus Sash would've gotten me a KO.

I play DW as that will eventually be the main meta-game, so I'm preparing myself.

I'll try that Espeon set, it looks promising. Would you recommend Fighting or Fire? I could see Fire, as I don't have it well represented on my team. However, Fighting would be useful against dark types, although useless against ghosts.

Thank you for the well-informed advice!

Life orb increases all damaging moves, so obviously it'll get you KO's. Especially with a STAB'd stone edge and Close Combat.

DW won't become the main meta-game considering many people don't like the "haxy" abilities, so you'll have to change Contrary if your gonna play standard meta.

I'd go for Fire, since it can KO Bugs that would try and stop you, did I mention to give Espeon Light Clay? >_> HP Fire can also dent if not KO Ferrothorn, Fighting will just cause a bit of damage, Scizor completely walls you without it to.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011

Life orb increases all damaging moves, so obviously it'll get you KO's. Especially with a STAB'd stone edge and Close Combat.

DW won't become the main meta-game considering many people don't like the "haxy" abilities, so you'll have to change Contrary if your gonna play standard meta.

I'd go for Fire, since it can KO Bugs that would try and stop you, did I mention to give Espeon Light Clay? >_> HP Fire can also dent if not KO Ferrothorn, Fighting will just cause a bit of damage, Scizor completely walls you without it to.

Interesting. Also, I added WoW on Jellicent.

Which abilities in particular are "haxy"? I'd like to start playing normal Meta if this is the case. Please say more.

For the moment I'm keeping Wish on Espeon, for a team-healer of sorts. I'll try HP Fire in a bit. I already gave it Light Clay. The new set is MUCH more useful!

I've been thinking about adding Aromatherapy to Chansey, as status can get annoying. What do you think of that?

Perriechu

Years
Interesting. Also, I added WoW on Jellicent.

Which abilities in particular are "haxy"? I'd like to start playing normal Meta if this is the case. Please say more.

For the moment I'm keeping Wish on Espeon, for a team-healer of sorts. I'll try HP Fire in a bit. I already gave it Light Clay. The new set is MUCH more useful!

I've been thinking about adding Aromatherapy to Chansey, as status can get annoying. What do you think of that?

Great.

Well no one has ever said "which" abilities im-particular, they've just raged and said "Haxy Abilities" and really the only Pokemon who isn't fit for standard meta is Serperior, it can still be used as a handy SubSeader with Glare and such.

Since Wish has gotten new mechanics this generation (Heals the user by half the maximum Hp of the Pokemon who used it) instead of just "Heals half the maximum Hp" meaning Espeon's low Hp is gonna do nothing, I'd get rid.

It's a good idea, but since you MB Espeon which reflects every non-attacking move that is directed at you back at the opponent, it's kinda un-needed, but I'd put it in place of Stealth Rock, or decide between the two and choose for yourself.

Years
  • Seen Apr 17, 2011

Great.

Well no one has ever said "which" abilities im-particular, they've just raged and said "Haxy Abilities" and really the only Pokemon who isn't fit for standard meta is Serperior, it can still be used as a handy SubSeader with Glare and such.

Since Wish has gotten new mechanics this generation (Heals the user by half the maximum Hp of the Pokemon who used it) instead of just "Heals half the maximum Hp" meaning Espeon's low Hp is gonna do nothing, I'd get rid.

It's a good idea, but since you MB Espeon which reflects every non-attacking move that is directed at you back at the opponent, it's kinda un-needed, but I'd put it in place of Stealth Rock, or decide between the two and choose for yourself.

So I can expect Serperior not to be usable in the future? If so, I better get reworking my team. Is Espeon and its new ability allowed in standard-OU?

Also, do you recommend Blissey over Chansey?

Perriechu

Years
So I can expect Serperior not to be usable in the future? If so, I better get reworking my team. Is Espeon and its new ability allowed in standard-OU?

Also, do you recommend Blissey over Chansey?

Until the DW Ability comes out, your stuck with Overgrow. Yep, Espeon is perfectly fine, you should check Smogon for released DW Abilities.

Nope, sure, your leftovers are gone, but your Special defense and Defense have a 50% increase with Eviolite, letting Chansey outclass it's evolution.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Nope, sure, your leftovers are gone, but your Special defense and Defense have a 50% increase with Eviolite, letting Chansey outclass it's evolution.

...in some instances. Blissey still gets Leftovers recovery, making stuff like Sandstorm and Hail less annoying/wearing you down, and Blissey still has a more usable Special Attack stat meaning it can run moves like Ice Beam and Flamethrower where Chansey has to rely on the standard Seismic Toss if it wants to do any damage at all. There are slight differences between the two, but enough of a difference to say that you can't really say that one is just flat-out better than the other.

Perriechu

Years
...in some instances. Blissey still gets Leftovers recovery, making stuff like Sandstorm and Hail less annoying/wearing you down, and Blissey still has a more usable Special Attack stat meaning it can run moves like Ice Beam and Flamethrower where Chansey has to rely on the standard Seismic Toss if it wants to do any damage at all. There are slight differences between the two, but enough of a difference to say that you can't really say that one is just flat-out better than the other.

Yeah, should mentioned that! n_n Thanks Vrai. :D

Back