• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Nintendo Pokemon Rom Editor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I'm sorry, it hasn't gotten up to that stage yet. For now... it can only view the maps. We'll probably see something like that in the future.

Hi! Sorry for lack of updates, but I'm in holiday with my family (I will return on September at home). I give a look at tool, but I can't find a way to make easier and user-friendly the vertex editing (Some suggestion will be appreciated...)

But, PokemonShinySilver, the editing is already possible! You can move the tree (with difficulty...)...

Last edited:

Michielleus

That random guy
Years
Hello! I've tested the editor on my Pokemon Black version and it seemed to work fine, though I can only edit the movements, walking over water is fun.

Hi! Sorry for lack of updates, but I'm in holiday with my family (I will return on September at home). I give a look at tool, but I can't find a way to make easier and user-friendly the vertex editing (Some suggestion will be appreciated...)

But, PokemonShinySilver, the editing is already possible! You can move the tree (with difficulty...)...

Wait...
Is this already possible in v4.1? If so, how? I thought 'object editing' was only viewing...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years

Ah! Thanks for letting me know, I've now realized there's a newer version in the first post. ^^

Wow, I must've not been paying attention to this thread often enough.

Oh my, I didn't know. Sorry. I'll have to check it out and see what I can do with it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Little update.
This morning I'll have enough time to work on my tool, so I use to fix some bug and add new features.
1) Now you can add new (completely new) polygon to the map (Only test on twinleaf town, but seemed work fine). When you click add button, you can choose texture, palette and size of new polygon.
2) Decide to use decimal point value instead of hex (For coordinates I think it's better)
3) Fix bug with Normal and Vtx_10 (Now X, Z, Y are correct).

A screenshot of a completely new polygon added to twinleaf (a path of grass). Note: The other nsbmd polygon are unmodified, like materials, textures, palettes...)

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3439/newpolywork.png

Edit: Bump! Seemed that maps not work in Desmume or No$Gba....Working on it...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I'm tired and angry...
Emulators and Nds refused to load a map when I add a polygon...
But NSBMD viewer, Tinke, MKDS, NPRE and official g3dcvtr.exe are continuing to tell that map's model is OK...
I checked all offsets, all sizes, all f***ing byte without success!
If someone can help me, I appreciated....

Platinum Lucario

Years
I'm tired and angry...
But NSBMD viewer, Tinke, MKDS, NPRE and official g3dcvtr.exe are continuing to tell that map's model is OK...

Hm... I wonder if this has something to do with the arm9 binary? I think I remember someone saying that the music offsets and weather offsets for the maps are located somewhere in the arm9 binary.

I also wonder if this might be an issue with Tinke? 'Cause I have experienced an .sdat corruption when inserting any SSEQ, SBNK, SWAR or STRM file into the .sdat on a second attempt, which makes only the sound that I've inserted play, while all the other sounds are either glitched or don't work. Which is why I would close Tinke when I've saved the changes, then open it up again. It's a bug that probably needs to be fixed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2016
Little update.
This morning I'll have enough time to work on my tool, so I use to fix some bug and add new features.
1) Now you can add new (completely new) polygon to the map (Only test on twinleaf town, but seemed work fine). When you click add button, you can choose texture, palette and size of new polygon.
2) Decide to use decimal point value instead of hex (For coordinates I think it's better)
3) Fix bug with Normal and Vtx_10 (Now X, Z, Y are correct).

A screenshot of a completely new polygon added to twinleaf (a path of grass). Note: The other nsbmd polygon are unmodified, like materials, textures, palettes...)

I have a few questions would like to ask
1、This version of the NDS Pokemon the hacker Map tools released?
newpolywork.png

2、You how mobile hackers The tree?
twinleaf.png

provadesmume.png

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I have a few questions would like to ask
1、This version of the NDS Pokemon the hacker Map tools released?http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3439/newpolywork.png
2、You how mobile hackers The tree?
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9752/twinleaf.png
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8050/provadesmume.png

1 No. I've problem adding polygon (Emulator give error)
2 Yes. You can with 4.1 edit existing polygon (It's explained on README file).

Status: I've stopped working on map for now, and I'm working again on script. We can save script now (Not fully tested), and I've started adding HGSS text and script support.

Platinum Lucario

Years
It surely has been a while since anyone has last posted in here. And I see that you're working on the scripting function. It'll be interesting to see what has improved with the tool in the future.

But I do indeed have a question, how can you tell where the actual terrain model data begins? 'Cause I'd like to extract the data and turn it into a .obj file so I can edit it in 3ds Max.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
It surely has been a while since anyone has last posted in here. And I see that you're working on the scripting function. It'll be interesting to see what has improved with the tool in the future.

But I do indeed have a question, how can you tell where the actual terrain model data begins? 'Cause I'd like to extract the data and turn it into a .obj file so I can edit it in 3ds Max.

I don't undertand well what do you ask.
The actual model data starts with BMD0 magic number and end with BDHC (or with end of file)

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
I think what he's asking is where the data starts for the physical geometry of the map.

The packed bone command start after polygon definition. There's a preliminary table that contain start offset, size, header size, flag (0x10 for each entry table).
Then there's packed bone command (each polygon usually start with 0x40 (BEGIN_VTXS)). There are a sequence of 4 command id, then there's parameters for each command, then other 4 command id, then the parameters and so on. The polygon usually end with 0x41 (END_VTXS).
I hope I give you the right answer!

Platinum Lucario

Years
I don't undertand well what do you ask.
The actual model data starts with BMD0 magic number and end with BDHC (or with end of file)

The packed bone command start after polygon definition. There's a preliminary table that contain start offset, size, header size, flag (0x10 for each entry table).
Then there's packed bone command (each polygon usually start with 0x40 (BEGIN_VTXS)). There are a sequence of 4 command id, then there's parameters for each command, then other 4 command id, then the parameters and so on. The polygon usually end with 0x41 (END_VTXS).

Thanks! This information will indeed help, so I can change it into an .obj file and edit the map with 3D model editor such as Autodesk 3ds Max and then re-compile it back into the ROM.

Platinum Lucario

Years
Would you be able to try converting it into another type, like Google Sketchup or something? I don't like having to crack 3DS Max when I don't need to, not to mention I screwed up when I was cracking it, and it slows down my computer a lot when it's running.

Well I can try... but I would recommend Autodesk 3ds Max 8 if you're using 3ds Max. But remember... 3ds Max 8 interface is more designed for Windows XP, but it does work on Windows 7 and can work fine, but it's normal for it to force Windows into the basic display, 'cause it doesn't have the aero compatibility.

Platinum Lucario

Years

Oh yes, I also forgot to mention that I was trying to convert the map data from B2/W2 (which is the same as B/W).

I'm not sure if I did it correctly, 'cause there isn't any BDHC in the BW map files. So I stopped at the area before where it has many 00 bytes and some 80 and 81 bytes, I wonder if that area is the movement permissions area? 'Cause it doesn't have any 40 or 41 bytes in that area.

But I did try to open up the BMD0 data that I extracted in NSBMD.exe, but it appeared and disappeared quickly when I dragged it to the program.

Nevermind, I managed on my own. The bytes for the BMD0 end at where the "0x20" bytes are, just right before (what I think is) the movement permissions.

I'll see what I can do with this model now, time to convert it into a compatible format using 3dvia Printscreen. A new program I discovered on some Mario Kart DS hacking forum.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 17, 2024

Yes, i have the same error.
It doesn't work on real DS too.

I'm tired and angry...

Viewers are not completely accurate, they can display all errors and corrupted polygons.

You can't add manually a polygon, it's too complex.
But... you can only use a tool like Autodesk and compare all bytes after reinsertion.

Maybe that can help you.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Big update: I finished working on Map Header interface and association between map, script, event and other maps. All works only if you open map as Narc (3D).
I wanna show you my beta map-matrix viewer!

http://imageshack.us/a/img88/2369/headermatrixinfo.png

Please, tell me if you like the idea or give me other suggestion, I appreciated it!
Stay tuned for next updates!

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Nice work, Pichu! Looks really promising, never thought of a matrix editor like that, but it looks very friendly!

Btw, what are those trainer data and terrain bytes in the headers? Never heard of them before, specially the terrain one.

Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2016
Nice work, Pichu! Looks really promising, never thought of a matrix editor like that, but it looks very friendly!

Btw, what are those trainer data and terrain bytes in the headers? Never heard of them before, specially the terrain one.

Thanks!
For trainer data I need to investigate, but I think is linked with trdata.narc.
The terrain data is "created" by me (It's not in header) and help the user to find which other map has the same header (I make a function that, using matrix data, return all terrain with a particular header)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back