• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life imprisonment or death sentence?

Which sentence would you rather face?

• Life imprisonment

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Death sentence

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters
Years
Life imprisonment, cos I am just horrifically terrified of needles.

Also, I'd rather die when my time runs out, not by any lethal means like injections.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
definitely life imprisonment, death sentences are always scary and they give me the chills, ughh. and needles just arent my thing :/
and omg look at that swedish prison, i wouldnt mind living in there for the rest of my life lol

Years
I'd go with life imprisonment. Why would I want to end my life early? It's the only shot I've got. Plus, I feel it'd be possible to find a way to be happy. If I'm a murderer, then prison could really help reform me and make me a better person. As long as it's not solitary confinement, I'd be okay.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Ohmygod I don't want to die. Lock me up and throw away the key if it's a choice between that and certain death!

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Depends on whether there will be internet or not I suppose ._.
Internet in jail? Life Sentence.
Internet in Heaven/Hell? Death Sentence.

^^
wut

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I would rather have the life imprisonment than being injected with a lethal drug that would most likely cause severe pain and suffering if it doesn't have the same effect as an overdose of sleeping pills (mostly painless death). My phobia of injections would make the last living moment of my life the most horrible moment ever. Give me that Swedish jail any day.

Sirfetch’d

Life Imprisonment because I only live once and want to take every breath I can.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Swedish prisons don't even look like prisons, they look perfectly comfy and a great place to live, so life imprisonment please! Even if I don't get sent to a Swedish prison, the thought of dying is horrifying to me. I don't care how people kill me if it was a death sentence, needle or not but think about it... the wonderful life you may have lived before, is now gone. All gone. And the thought of not knowing what is ahead of you is the most terrifying.

Also prison can actually do you benefits surprisingly. While they might not be the best paradise on Earth they can help you develop, change into a better person, see where you all went wrong. Even if you're confined 24/7, at least you have time to think, think about your wrongdoings and try to change them. Also you don't have to worry about mortgages, bills and you get free food, even if it might not be of the best quality!

Years
  • Seen Mar 29, 2015
I don't really see eye-to-eye with those taking life imprisonment, so if I was charged, I'd rather take the death penalty over a life sentence. A criminal's life is meaningless, so I'd rather be dead than to be living in a damn cage...

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Omg but obviously, life in imprisonment, cos:

1.death looks scary
2.We mustn't commit suicide in my religion
3. I still could talk with my family
4. I would choose life in imprisonment especially if it were dat sweedish jail

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Life Imprisonment definitely. If I were locked in a cell I can think of a way to escape or something. If its a death sentence then I would probably consider that since living in a cell for the rest of your life is just stupid. If the death sentence was only like a few seconds of pain then yeah I guess I'll choose that. But I'll be so scared :x. Yet I don't think Ill be involved in a situation like that.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Probably life imprisonment.
I can always try and escape, lol.
But, if I can't, at least I could still see people . . . I live in my imagination anyways, so just being able to write or read or anything would be beautiful. Sure, there are many things in my life I would not have access to in prison, and that would suck, but I'd rather live my life until it's end, rather than snuff it out early.
Plus, maybe I could actually get into shape in one of the prison's gyms. xD

Years
Life imprisonment because you would become comfortable with it over time and maybe it will be better than your previous life!

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I'd rather die, but not by lethal injection. That's such an undignified and painful death that I'd rather live out my remaining years in prison.

Were I to choose the execution method, though, I'd choose to die by firing squad or a bullet to the head. Lightning-fast and near-painless.

Back