• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2014
Question about PMD Gates to infinity

Hi i was wondering how to accept more than one mission request at once. i seem to only be able to accept one. help please!

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Here's an RNG guide, however it's for generation V. But if you're gonna RNG at all, I highly recommend gen V over III. Gen III is the hardest to RNG in, plus you're clearly using FRLG to SR for that Snorlax, and RNG isn't possible in FRLG from what I understand. But yeah, if you choose to pursue RNGing, please use the thread I linked you to if you have questions about it. You'd get much better help asking there than in here again.

Also going to merge this with the Q&A thread.

Years
Here's an RNG guide, however it's for generation V. But if you're gonna RNG at all, I highly recommend gen V over III. Gen III is the hardest to RNG in, plus you're clearly using FRLG to SR for that Snorlax, and RNG isn't possible in FRLG from what I understand. But yeah, if you choose to pursue RNGing, please use the thread I linked you to if you have questions about it. You'd get much better help asking there than in here again.

Also going to merge this with the Q&A thread.

Just a quick googling led me to these results from smogon. As far as I can tell, only certain pokemon can be RNGed and luckily, snorlax is one of them. Gotta say though, use with caution cause you will probably get VERY annoyed trying it (if you're anything like me lol). Just try to read up on it before you try anything.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Just a quick googling led me to these results from smogon. As far as I can tell, only certain pokemon can be RNGed and luckily, snorlax is one of them. Gotta say though, use with caution cause you will probably get VERY annoyed trying it (if you're anything like me lol). Just try to read up on it before you try anything.

actually unless they are locked like Reshiram and Zekrom, all Pokemon can be RNG'd. While you cannot RNG for shiny factor, you can still RNG Reshiram and Zekrom for certain natures and IVs.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

You can RNG any Pokémon. Snorlax is one of the few that are stationary encounters.

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2013
Hey there everyone, I'm here with some quick questions regarding the Great Debate: What Game Do I Choose? (Because I know you've never answered that question before.) Anyway, I've played everything up to B&W, omitting Sinnoh because it was released at a time in which I couldn't afford any new games (or systems, for that matter). I played the heck out of my GBA games and more recently played through SoulSilver and Black, and now I'm looking to buy a new game. But I'm torn between buying Black 2, which I've been told is even better than its predecessor, or buying a copy of LeafGreen on eBay, for playthrough purposes (I've got FireRed, but I've gotten way, WAY too attatched to my Charizard, haha).

So what should I do ... buy LeafGreen off of eBay? Or get myself a shiny new copy of Black 2 and join the party?

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Hey there everyone, I'm here with some quick questions regarding the Great Debate: What Game Do I Choose? (Because I know you've never answered that question before.) Anyway, I've played everything up to B&W, omitting Sinnoh because it was released at a time in which I couldn't afford any new games (or systems, for that matter). I played the heck out of my GBA games and more recently played through SoulSilver and Black, and now I'm looking to buy a new game. But I'm torn between buying Black 2, which I've been told is even better than its predecessor, or buying a copy of LeafGreen on eBay, for playthrough purposes (I've got FireRed, but I've gotten way, WAY too attatched to my Charizard, haha).

So what should I do ... buy LeafGreen off of eBay? Or get myself a shiny new copy of Black 2 and join the party?

Buy Black 2! As much as I loved Gen III, I didn't really like FR/LG. Black 2 is amazing. I've maxed out the clock on mine, so that must say something.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I'd recommend buying Black 2. Leaf Green is almost a copy of Fire Red but with other pokemons only I think. Black 2 is a better choice IMO.

Years
I'm going to agree with the two above me and recommend you get Black 2 as well.

It has loads of features, many Pokemon you can catch (including a few Legendaries) and given you have Black, you can use the Memory Link feature by linking up Black 2 with your original Black, and it will trigger cutscenes and features in Black 2 that otherwise can't be seen without it, along with unlocking all of N's Pokemon for you to catch. It also has Move Tutors, which teach various handy moves to your Pokemon.

I've played the game myself and it's my favorite so far so you know it's a great game.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
No there isn't. Or I don't know if a new emulator has been created in the last few days. VBA is the best emulator IMO. Any problems with it?

Years
  • Seen Mar 30, 2013
Never played a Pokemon game before. HELP.

Hello all.

I've recently purchased a 3DS and will be attending a business trip with considerable downtime.

I'd like to try a Pokemon game, but have never played one before.

I picked up a used copy of Pokemon pearl and played maybe 2-3 hours of it and seem to be enjoying it.

What would be a good newer game to try? I'm considering purchasing either Black or White version 2. I don't want to be limited to older game mechanics which is why I'd like to play a newer game.

What would be a good initial entry to Pokemon for someone that has NO prior knowledge of the game, any of the Pokemon, etc.

Thanks!

-Travis

Oshy

♩♫♩
Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
Try Black or White. Then you play Black 2 / White 2 afterwards. The game is more modern, has better 3D graphics, cool new Pokemon, etc.

Feel free to contact me if you need any help!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
Tbh, any game is great to start with. But if you do want a more modern one I agree with the above poster, black/white then to black2/white2 as b2/w2 is more of a sequel. But I highly recommend the pokemon series and I'm happy you are interested in it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back