• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stahp with the snow already!

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
How are y'all fairing this winter? Myself living in the Northeast, we're absolutely buried with snow and we're supposed to be getting a hell of a lot more as the week goes on. Because I work at an elementary school, I've also been getting a lot of days off for snow days, which means I've been snowed in reading and playing video games mainly.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
I love winter! It's actually my most favorite season of all. :3 I was born and raised in Maine until about thirteen or fourteen. That's why I tend to find the cold rather enjoyable. However, I also live in a desert now... so we haven't been getting a lot of cold weather lately anymore. ;o;

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
It's too hot here since it's summer where I'm from and I could really use some snow right now. Not that that would happen anyway, it never snows in my city which sucks...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Snow sucks. Slipper slush, shoveling, blistering cold. No thanks.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
We've gotten maybe a foot of snow altogether since the start of winter, but there's still time for us to get buried too. You just never know what's going to happen around here.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Winter suuuuuuuuucks. Hate the cold. Hate the snow. Hate the ice. You tend to love winter as a kid because snow=fun and no school. When you're an adult it basically means dangerous driving conditions and shoveling and hoping you don't slip on some black ice on knock yerself out.

Looked at tonight's weather forecast.....several hours of freezing rain followed by several hours of snow showers.
Fuck you mother nature >=(

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
It's only snowed once where I live this year, and even then it was pretty much just sleet. Seaside towns never get lots of snow.

maccrash

foggy notion
Years
snow is literally the only redeemable part of winter. I love all this snow we've been getting, and I get school off for it soooo what's not to like. however I'm not sure if I'll have tomorrow off yet but I imagine I'll have to. I have Tuesday as a scheduled day off anyway so that would be marvelous.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I love snow, so long as I'm not trying to travel in it. I've always enjoyed snow activities like skiing, sledding, etc., and I find it so peaceful to go outside as the snow is falling and watch it swirl and flutter down around me. That being said, I prefer rural or suburban snow to urban snow--in cities, snow tends to turn into a dirty mess.

Years
I will say that it is at least a lot better than last year so far.

I'm still waiting for the snow to fully melt here. I'm waiting for the gray part of winter to finally pass. Not fond of it anymore. Give me spring already please.

Years
Winter suuuuuuuuucks. Hate the cold. Hate the snow. Hate the ice. You tend to love winter as a kid because snow=fun and no school. When you're an adult it basically means dangerous driving conditions and shoveling and hoping you don't slip on some black ice on knock yerself out.

Looked at tonight's weather forecast.....several hours of freezing rain followed by several hours of snow showers.
**** you mother nature >=(

This, this is how I feel about snow and winter haha.
But for me it never snowed much when I was a kid so I never got any time off school from snow.

But it snowed here once this year and more over the last three years. Snow just makes a simple 5 minute task into a complex 30 minute one.

Plus I hate winter it has no redeeming features what so ever and you cant just wear a t-shirt, winter totally sucks.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Lemme tell you..

We are in the middle of winter, it's 73 outside, and I just drove to the store with my car windows down, in a short sleeved shirt.

I mean, Kansas always had weird weather, but the other day it was 9 and snowing. This is by far the strangest winter that I can remember having. :/

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Winter? What's that?

Haven't really had one this year. I mean, the trees lost their leaves, and there have been a few cold spells, but... It's one dud of a winter, and I could really use that snow you're getting over here. We've maybe seen two inches total for the entire winter... And actually, that's including an early November snowfall.

I need my winter. I need to move to the Northeast. Three out of the last four winters have been complete and total duds, and I can't take it anymore.

I like to say that winter is nicer than Spring... If you were here right now, you would believe me.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
Lemme tell you..

We are in the middle of winter, it's 73 outside, and I just drove to the store with my car windows down, in a short sleeved shirt./

need-it.gif

Living in Massachusetts, we have the worst weather ever year round - hot, dry summers, bitter cold winters...I would die for a day you've just had, considering there is - no joke - 3 feet of snow outside my house right now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I live in Mass and I'm dying from the snow right now. Just made an alcohol run so I can pass the time lol. The last storm we got had me getting cabin fever so I made sure to stay out as long as I could today.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
Just this week we got a metter and half of snow >.<
I grew up where there is snow almost 6 months a year.
A few years ago I stood up on a little pile of snow June 1rst.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
Years
Lemme tell you..

We are in the middle of winter, it's 73 outside, and I just drove to the store with my car windows down, in a short sleeved shirt.

I mean, Kansas always had weird weather, but the other day it was 9 and snowing. This is by far the strangest winter that I can remember having. :/

DREW <3

I've been doing the same thing for the past two days -w-; Like you said, weird how it was snowing FOUR DAYS AGO, and now I'm outside grilling. Behold, a normal winter day in Florida :D

I think the most snow we've gotten so far is like two inches. Twice we've had bad ice on the road, though x_x;

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
Here we go, school canceled again o-o. Living in Massachusetts this year has been tough, which can be clearly shown by the 6-8 foot high snowbanks at every streetrcorner and salt covered... everything. With another 10 to 16 inches on the way, I can tell I will be digging out again.

Years
I only had 1 snow day so far but got a lot of delayed openings in the past 2 weeks. I got the entire week off next week and if we get two more snow days it'll start eating into that week. I swear to bob we better not get anymore snow days, I could really use that week.

Taemin

move.
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
We've only had closings here twice so far.. .w.

DREW <3

I've been doing the same thing for the past two days -w-; Like you said, weird how it was snowing FOUR DAYS AGO, and now I'm outside grilling. Behold, a normal winter day in Florida :D

I think the most snow we've gotten so far is like two inches. Twice we've had bad ice on the road, though x_x;

RISA <3
didn't know you peeked in around here much!

RIGHT THOUGH. It's so weird. Winters here aren't usually this back and forth.. I could've literally grilled outside today, too. You're only a couple of hours away, right? It's the same with our snow and roads here. Not that I'm complaining that there hasn't been any 6 or 7 inches of snowfall this year.

Last edited:
Back