• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen How Fun Platinum and HG/SS Really Are

Xherdan

Bad at Good Games
Years
Hey everybody, it's me, that one little dummy who makes teams and calls himself a Pokémon expert. And today, yeah, i've come to talk about the Pokémon you can get in Gen 4. I'm putting "Platinum" on the title because that's the game with the most perks aside from Diamond and Pearl.

So, recently, i've been thinking of something. Randomizing impossible evolutions in normal games makes them so fun. It's an awesome tool for people who work with these games on emulators, like me. You get to have all the Pokemon you could only get via trading and it's just awesome. So it broadened my ideas in team-making.

But recently, i've screwed something up and the Universal Pokémon Randomizer doesn't work on this computer anymore. Everytime i click on it, it loads up for like two seconds and nothing shows up. Trust me, i've looked around and found no solution to it. It just left me sad because playing unrandomized Pokémon games is somewhat boring now for me.

Another game that really benefits from this impossible evolution change is HeartGold and SoulSilver. Whenever i make a team in this game, it bores me and leaves me with a lot of indecision. I almost always play these games with Cyndaquil, although i've tried Totodile and it is a great starter. Anyways, the Pokémon in HG/SS that can be obtained by the impossible evolution change (or the Trade Glitch) are all awesome. Here's a little list of my personal favorites.

Alakazam. Extremely fast and extremely strong resilient Psychic-type that will deal with any Fighting type easily.

Kingdra. Versatile Water-type that packs a diversity of strong moves and the only Dragon type you can get before Clair's gym.

Steelix. You know, i really shouldn't put him here because he can be encountered in Cliff Cave, but just pointing out that it's a great Pokémon nonetheless.

Electivire and Magmortar. Very reliable Pokémon that pack a really strong punch.

Scizor. It's Scizor, need i say more?

Along with others like Machamp, Gengar and Porygon-Z.

But i royally screwed up with my UP Randomizer, so whoops.

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
Years
Something I tend to do with Soul Silver (because I play it all the time) is create a team based off characters in the anime/manga. Or I get a number randomiser and go with whatever Pokemon number it spits out at me (the base of that Pokemon if it lands on an evolution).

Back