• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ PinkSapphire, I just want to take some time to say that I think you have done a really great job with Youkai Academy.

@ Perplexity, nice to see you back. I'm pretty distant from the Roleplay Corner nowadays too, I haven't quite found that spark of enthusiasm for RPing that I lost some months back I guess. Hope that you'll find yours!

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@ PinkSapphire, I just want to take some time to say that I think you have done a really great job with Youkai Academy.

Thank you very much ^^ it means a lot to me hearing it c:

DuskLunacy- I never actually removed her from the RP because I knew she would be back. Same goes for Geras and lokipie. They sometimes don't post for 2 Weeks but always return c: I don't feel the need to remove them.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Speaking of being back and taking time off and stuff, why hasn't anybody kicked me in the butt for not updating the library in months? It's really dusty and will likely take an hour to clean up ahaha. I'll have to start making this a weekly thing. Something to do on my hangover Saturdays.

For now, there are IC posts to be made!

How many IC posts do you guys approximately make on an average day?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Welcome back Claire/Perplexity :) a few of us have switched usernames as well!

SwiftSign / Magic Fox

@Perplexity. For a more Captain Obvious moment: Magic Fox = mod

Speaking of being back and taking time off and stuff, why hasn't anybody kicked me in the butt for not updating the library in months? It's really dusty and will likely take an hour to clean up ahaha. I'll have to start making this a weekly thing. Something to do on my hangover Saturdays.

For now, there are IC posts to be made!

How many IC posts do you guys approximately make on an average day?

I remember that, back in the day, when school wasn't kicking my butt, I would be doing 2-4 IC posts. Nowadays I can barely manage to post in a Roleplay once a week xD That is why I haven't joined a single RP yet. RéBURST is quite enough for me right now.

Speaking of which, everyone go to ReBURST, we will open some new spots anytime around today! /shameless_advertising.txt

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@Perplexity. For a more Captain Obvious moment: Magic Fox = mod

I remember that, back in the day, when school wasn't kicking my butt, I would be doing 2-4 IC posts. Nowadays I can barely manage to post in a Roleplay once a week xD That is why I haven't joined a single RP yet. RéBURST is quite enough for me right now.
Or rather, [supporter]SwiftSign[/supporter] -> SwiftSign -> Magic Fox
Anything else to add? :D

And yeah, school kicks RP butt. But for me it's mostly that I just haven't felt like writing. Which is a pity. I could make at least 1-2 IC posts in my good days ^^

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I can make 3-5 IC posts no matter school days or not. But my SUs take an awful load of time to finish.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years
I don't know a damn thing about Gijinka, but it sounds interesting!

Gijinka (擬人化; Western term Humanization) is the Japanese meaning of "humanoid", "personification", or "anthropomorphic". Rather than referring to just any animal with human characteristics, a gijinka is most often a fan re-design of an animal-like character in a human or humanoid form. The characters often seem to wear a cosplay of the base character rather than having real animal features, which can also be found back in real life cosplay of those characters.

@Perplexity: Welcome back! You left before we got a chance to work together, so I'm hoping that this time will be different. And as you've seen, all of us at Youkai Academy are anxiously awaiting your return!

On topic: Before I got a weekly schedule of busy, I was able to make 1-3 posts a day, maybe 4 on a really good day. But now, I'm lucky if I can pull out 1 or 2 a week. It's mostly because of time management issues, though, not any real problems.

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
@Everyone: You guys are all awesome. The outpouring of love I've received since my return has been phenomenal! You all get a hug whether you want it or not! >:] *hugs*

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
It really depends on the RP I'm in. If everybody else in it is posting once or twice a day and it's a great, interesting RP, I could easily do the same. I've done it before and I actually prefer a quicker-moving RP, as long as there aren't too many people in it, since it'll just run off without me during my sleep if too many is in it :P

I've actually been in the mood for a new RP lately, but I'm wanting to join something fresh and new. Not in terms of ideas, but rather in terms of how old the RP is. I hate jumping into an RP in the middle of everything. I'd actually prefer it if it was the gijinka, the island RP I suggested, or just something where you play as a Pokémon, especially considering all the 'mons from the new gen.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
I feel like a new RP as well, I've thought up the basics of a character and I'd really like to put him to use. He'd fit really well into any sort of medieval age journey RP or something.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I've come back in time to update The Pokemon Trainer's Academy with Gen 6 characters and pokemon~ Hopefully my muse holds up long enough for me to actually get some meaningful roleplaying done myself. I'm also beginning to ponder the end of the academy, how it'll be handled and how I'll make it work. I want to say it'll end before 2014 ends, very vaguely, but right now that's rather unclear.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024

Perplexity

The Crazy One
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 28, 2013
I really should pick up X/Y. I keep hearing it's fantastic. >_>

I can't imagine the end of Academy being upon us. Even distantly it seems weird to think about...

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
A 'long' time ago I promised the members of PTA that at some point in the distant future PTA would end and that each character would receive endings customized to their personal story arcs. I don't plan on going back on that. The only questions remaining unanswered are 'when' and 'how'~

@Perplexity: It really is. It's the closest thing to the Pokemon MMO we've all been wanting yet with graphics far, far exceeding previous generations and beautiful new gameplay mechanics. Some of the new pokemon are awesome too. The music, especially battle music, hassn't been this good since RSE.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
@ Chibi Pelippers Hmmm quite, not only have few been accepted but I know for a fact that mine at least if none of the others is having serious recruitment problems. We don't even have half the people needed for me to submit the IC yet. It's a shame, me and my wonderful co-GMs already have a nice long IC Opening post ready and everything.

@ Perplexity Yeah, I've really been wanting to play X and Y lately because my friend won't shutup about how great it is. But I have no 3DS and no money hehe. Apparently my overly generous friend wants to spend half a paycheck on getting me one though so that's...nice. I'm glad to have such a good friend but... I feel guilty XD

By the way, now that you're back please take a look at Wings of Fate and see if you're interested, we need more peeps.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
On the subject of new RPs, I should be submitting The Buster Warriors around the end of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back