• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
Help on insertting the physical-special split in Gen 3 games?

I was fascinated by how the creators of Liquid Crystal managed to insert the physical-special split into FireRed for their hack, so I wanted to do the same thing for a hack I'm trying to make. Can someone teach me how? Thanks.

TheOrangePichu

Currently working on new hack
Years
Can you show the sprite you tried to insert, as well?

I inserted Chaos Rush's Bulbasaur sprite. All credit goes to him.

hx97km.png

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Get rid of the intro

Hey guys. Wondering if there is a way to remove the prof oak intro in a game? I want an intro consisting only of the player selecting the hero name (no girls allowed)

Is there a way?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Hey guys. Wondering if there is a way to remove the prof oak intro in a game? I want an intro consisting only of the player selecting the hero name (no girls allowed)

Is there a way?
You'd have to use ASM (Assembly) to edit it out.

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2013
Basically what I need to do is to insert a routine that jumps to the naming screen then directly to the starting point, if I got it well

But how can I determine where these points are located in the rom?

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2014
help needed please

i´m new in this and i need to know one thing
i create with Advance Map a icy cave a i named it mount gelic
and that mount gelic is in the litleroot town if name that mount differente than
the name of the town the town will be named mount gelic
please what i have to do to name just the mount?

TheOrangePichu

Years
Sadly, I still cannot insert these sprites into the game. I thank everyone though that tried to help me. I really appreciate the effort that was put forth by everyone.

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2019
Changing HMs?

I'm hacking Firered and adding in my own little secret plot (so reading the random things like Oak's email is useful) that explains things. And in order for this to work I need to make it so you can use Surf before your first badge. I'll be nerfing (aka weakening) Surf since it's a pretty strong move, but it'll make sense. Many thanks for taking time for this, and I tried finding an answer to this question but I found nothing about it.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Sadly, I still cannot insert these sprites into the game. I thank everyone though that tried to help me. I really appreciate the effort that was put forth by everyone.
Most likely this is because it is none indexed. I haven't tried it myself, but if this is the case, you could use a program like irfanview to index it. If all else fails, download unlz gba, or (my personal preference) regular old NLZ-GBA. Using this jump around until you find some pokemon pictures, and go back to bulbasaur. There will be a normal front sprite, and a shiny back sprite. It should tell you the location of the pallette. open this up with advance pallette editor by hackmew, and change the colors to be what you need , remembering that the first one is transparent. Next you should just be able to export the images, copy and paste the sprite into the saved image, then import it.

TheOrangePichu

Years
This is so weird...it worked for me before, why not now? Maybe there's a .dll file I need? I wish there was some kind of way to get in contact with Wichu....

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2012
I'm hacking Firered and adding in my own little secret plot (so reading the random things like Oak's email is useful) that explains things. And in order for this to work I need to make it so you can use Surf before your first badge. I'll be nerfing (aka weakening) Surf since it's a pretty strong move, but it'll make sense. Many thanks for taking time for this, and I tried finding an answer to this question but I found nothing about it.
I believe there was a flag which needs to be active. Check this guide*, it has a complete list of flags which are related to a game function.

*pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
Anyone know how to resize overworld sprites? I just realized that what I'm trying to create is very difficult to condense into what I'm trying to make.

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Anyone know how to resize overworld sprites? I just realized that what I'm trying to create is very difficult to condense into what I'm trying to make.

If I were you, I'd take a look at this tutorial. Even though it describes how to add OWs with JPANs hack engine, it also says how the OW data is structured, and if think about it a little, you'll be able to resize OWs easily.

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2014
If I were you, I'd take a look at: (url). Even though it describes how to add OWs with JPANs hack engine, it also says how the OW data is structured, and if think about it a little, you'll be able to resize OWs easily.

Thanks, I'll look into it later.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
Is it possible to create a new folder on AM like.. Pallet town how you click on it, it shows that towns maps.
Can I make my own or do I have to write over the others?

redriders180

Mastermind of Pokemon Glazed
Years
Is it possible to create a new folder on AM like.. Pallet town how you click on it, it shows that towns maps.
Can I make my own or do I have to write over the others?

If you open A-map, right at the top, there's a dropdown that most likely says "Sort by <bank>.<map>". Click it, and it gives an option to sort by name.

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2013
If you open A-map, right at the top, there's a dropdown that most likely says "Sort by <bank>.<map>". Click it, and it gives an option to sort by name.

No I meant am I able to create my own drop down list for a city? Or should I write over existing maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back