• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
im in the island of calm i just beat the deadly seven plus the other deady seven guy n im stuck where do i go after that

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
Spoiler:

Now THATS a cool team!

I have to agree with Rkyeet. That is indeed one of the best teams you could have - though I think you might consider Seviper for a slow coiling menace, or indeed Munchlax for a battering ram with wide, evil eyes. ;)

Baltoy is probably your best bet against anything in the game. However, you'll find out that it is completely useless once you get a Shroomish, as it hits nearly everything in the game for major damage. You won't need anything else in my opinion, but if you really want to, you can catch a Qwilfish once you get Surf early in the game.

-MysteryEgg/SecretEgg/HyperEgg learns Eruption, so it is the thing if you want a Fire type.
-Shroomish/Breloom is by FAR the best choice when it comes to a Grass-type. You'll probably need it to defeat the corpse in Petalburg Forest, as Leech Seed comes in useful.
-A Water-type won't be available until you hit Qwilfish after you get Surf. You won't need it, but there you go.
-Flying can be Aerodactyl later in the game, but if you want, again, you can get Taillow early.
-Anti-Flying can be a Baltoy early in the game, but then you'll find it becomes useless as the game progresses.
-An extra HAS to be a Zigzagoon/Linoone. You'll need it as a HM slave.

My team at the moment is-
Hyperegg Lv.50 (Trust me, this thing is damn useful to tank hits. It has 326 HP for me, and has Eruption and ShadowBall)
Breloom Lv.48 (Awesome thing, pwns everything. MachPunch/BulkUp/ LeechSeed/(MegaDrain/GigaDrain) is my moveset, and it hurts)
ShinyAerodactyl Lv.40
Ditto Lv.30 (Useless thing, just there because I couldn't be bothered to replace this after solving the warp puzzle)
Baltoy Lv.17 (See? I haven't trained this thing at all)
Zigzagoon Lv.12 (HM Slave)\

And Cutlerine, I have one question. Is a Moon Stone available in the game at the moment, at all?

Moon Stone is available - but since it has a few extra uses, it's hidden quite well. ;)

Well, as far as Flying types, I dont remember seeing many I could catch. You could wait and get a Trapinch and evolve it to Flygon for a Flying type. I had forgotten about Shiftry, but with Shroomish, you get Mega Drain which is always useful, but its your call. Im not 100% sure about Shinx since Ive never seen a wild one. Quilfish apparently does evolve in the game, though Ive never caught one to confirm.

Shinx is not available wild. It is available only as a special gift.

Hey, just started playing this... I'd like to know what a good team work be? I like to work on the basis of having one Fire, one Grass, one Water, one Flying, one anti-Flying (electric, rock, ice, whatever) and one extra. What would be a cool team?

I know I sound nooby, but trust me, I'm not. I just like to know what I'm up against.

I can't believe no one has suggested this... Trust me, for the most powerful Flying-type available ingame, wait until Mt. Pyre and then, on the slopes of that most ancient graveyard, catch yourself a Kenchira. Then evolve it, and it will kill everything that stands in its path - and even those who get out of the way.

For a Fire type, I recommend Psypig; for a Grass type, Breloom (what beats Breloom?); for a Water type, I recommend either Gyarados, Qwilshark, or the insanely rare Milotic; for an anti-Flying, get an Emonga or a Luxray; and for your extra, I would have to recommend Azombarill or Yuck.

im in the island of calm i just beat the deadly seven plus the other deady seven guy n im stuck where do i go after that

Did you not listen to Asimov? He said that there was a secret switch on the side of the sign near the entrance to the Island. I would go back to that sign and press that switch, if I were you...

Last edited:

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Shinx is not available wild. It is available only as a special gift.
That made me remember, the Count person in Fortree who sells the pets, how do you use them or do you not get anything out of the pets? And as for the Flying type you recommended for Raaxon, I didnt know that weird grey alien thing was a Flying type, nor did I even know they were catchable.....

Years
What do you mean, not able to exit? I'm not sure what you mean.
actually i got an older version which had a bug so but my real problem is i am in fortree city and i got a mail from professor birch but by chance i skipped the whole so i don't know what to do

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Alright, so I just got Surf... And you guys are saying I can get a Quilfish at this point? How? Where do I get a rod from?
Yeah, just teach a Zigzagoon Surf, surf around for your Quilfish, teach it Surf, then release Ziggy (or keep if it has Pickup)

Cutlerine

Years
I use a Zigzagoon as my Surfer :D

And Cutlerine- a hint on where to find a Moon Stone please? D:
I've been searching everywhere for one x.x

Moon Stone is difficult to get to, but it's in Meteor Falls.

Just beating up the Deadly 7 -9- whatever, and I love the fact one breaks the fourth wall by knowing that this is a hack game and what its called, and Adolv (whatever his name is) says OVER 9000! More or less.

The fourth wall doesn't really exist for the Deadly Seven. They address you as much as they address the player.

actually i got an older version which had a bug so but my real problem is i am in fortree city and i got a mail from professor birch but by chance i skipped the whole so i don't know what to do

Go into the University of Film and look around...

That made me remember, the Count person in Fortree who sells the pets, how do you use them or do you not get anything out of the pets? And as for the Flying type you recommended for Raaxon, I didnt know that weird grey alien thing was a Flying type, nor did I even know they were catchable.....

Well, now you know. You must have seen their fully-evolved form - Kenchukuo. It's the giant red thing with wings and a sword. One of the Deadly Seven uses it.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
Well, now you know. You must have seen their fully-evolved form - Kenchukuo. It's the giant red thing with wings and a sword. One of the Deadly Seven uses it.
Now, to my final two questions: A- What is the true purpose of the Mush Mask?

B- Can you turn the pets from the Count in Fortree City into Pokemon or not?

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
Just a question... Whats the difference between Hyperegg and Secretegg? 'Cause my Mysteryegg evolved into a Secretegg, when I thought it was supposed to become a Hyperegg...

Anyway, my team is now Secretegg, Baltoy, Quilshark, Slugma, Trapinch and Nuzleaf.

Where do I find a Leaf Stone, by the way?

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2013
Just a question... Whats the difference between Hyperegg and Secretegg? 'Cause my Mysteryegg evolved into a Secretegg, when I thought it was supposed to become a Hyperegg..
The egg evolves two times - Hyperegg is the final stage of its evolution (not counting the stone based ones)

You can trade it for a different item (IIRC on one of the later routes) and then trade that item for a pet token.

Check the caves in Fort Draco ;)

Raaxon

Sephiroth never stood a chance
Years
Alright, cool. I love three-tier evolvers. The third level is always got good power. I dislike un-evolvers. Strong at first, until you get into the higher levels.

Also, I'm ashamed... To beat War for the first time, I have my Slugma with Chaos of Oden, and Insta-saved/loaded everytime I died so I could survive the hit every time.

DJCherryTempo

The Reserved Observer
Years
You can trade it for a different item (IIRC on one of the later routes) and then trade that item for a pet token.

Check the caves in Fort Draco ;)
Do I dare swap my save files and destroy the file I have where I started with Paras? I find Paras to be much better than Baltoy. Its almost like choosing how you wanna level up in Kingdom Hearts one: Baltoy is great early on then sucks later, Koffing, from my perspective, is an all rounder, and Paras sucks early but rocks later on. But yeah, I dare to destroy that save file.

EDIT: OK, it was the Endless Plains...

Last edited:

Cutlerine

Years

Take the pets from Count D's Pet Shop of Horrors to the Petmaster Dragon in Endless Plains in Fort Draco. The Mush Mask is the start of a long item chain that isn't quite finished yet.

Oh, right! When does Secretegg evolve?

Level 43 exactly.

Alright, cool. I love three-tier evolvers. The third level is always got good power. I dislike un-evolvers. Strong at first, until you get into the higher levels.

Also, I'm ashamed... To beat War for the first time, I have my Slugma with Chaos of Oden, and Insta-saved/loaded everytime I died so I could survive the hit every time.

Gasp. How... immoral :badsmile: Chaos of Oden is a really obscure reference, by the way. 40 points to anyone who gets it, and an explanation of what Broken Hearts are for.

TheRkyeet

Member of the GGs
Years
Chaos of Oden is a really obscure reference, by the way. 40 points to anyone who gets it, and an explanation of what Broken Hearts are for.
I don't count, do I? Anyway, to all those out there who prefer Qwilfish over zigzagoon as a surfer: It's better in the long run! ;)

Back