• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Get-Together 2013

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Minecraft Pokecommunity Ultra Hardcore would be very interesting.

For those of you who are unaware of the concept, everyone spawns in a random place in a map with a border. The game is locked on to hardcore mode (meaning if you die, you're out), and health regeneration is disabled. The only way to regenerate health is crafting a golden apple, which now requires 8 ingots as opposed to nuggets, or tackling the nether and getting some health potions. You can also craft a golden head in the same manner as a golden apple using a player's head, which drops when a player dies, and gives double the health of a golden apple.
The winner of the game is the person who outlasts all the other players, which will require going out and fighting others, killing them for not only their equipment, be it gold or diamond, but also to move one step closer to winning the game.

I have my own server with all the plugins so hosting it isn't a problem at all.

I'll post some videos of examples if anyone is still confused but I'd have to log into my otheraccount (Fireworks) which I don't feel like doing atm so I'll get to it later.

Myself and Hiroshi Sotomura have been discussing holding a Minecraft Event at Craftrum, but we're not too sure yet on what that event might be. Your idea sounds great, and a lot like a Hunger Games. If it were to be considered and then approved, first we'd need a bit more detail on the mechanics of the game, who will monitor it, the rules etc. Interesting idea, I think we just need some detail.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2013
Is there anybody possible chance I can co-hose the Game Concept Event? It's ok if you say no, but I would love to do it! Thanks! (:

~MagikarpIs$parta

marcc5m

what
Years
Myself and Hiroshi Sotomura have been discussing holding a Minecraft Event at Craftrum, but we're not too sure yet on what that event might be. Your idea sounds great, and a lot like a Hunger Games. If it were to be considered and then approved, first we'd need a bit more detail on the mechanics of the game, who will monitor it, the rules etc. Interesting idea, I think we just need some detail.

Okay, well basically each player would be scattered on to a random place in a 1500x1500 vanilla minecraft map.
PvP would be disabled for the first 20 minutes (one complete day/night cycle) to allow players to at least get some armour before they go fighting.
After the game has gone on for a certain amount of time, players must start heading to the center of the map where they will have the final few battles to decide the winner.

The game will use the UHC plugin, which makes golden apples use ingots rather than nuggets, therefore making them harder to obtain. Golden apples restore two hearts of health. Players will drop heads on death, which can be crafted into golden heads in the same way as golden apples are crafted. Golden heads restore 4 hearts. Glistering melons require a gold block rather than ingot, and ghasts drop gold ingots rather than ghast tears. Notch apples are disabled.

You can also see a players HP via the tab menu. There is a glitch in the plugin at the moment though where players who have longer names sometimes have their health cut of but it's not too much of a deal.

The rules are very simple. Strip mining, or branch mining are not allowed. You may staircase down to find a cave, or tunnel above gold level, or towards noises if you hear them, and you may cave. This is to avoid people getting an easy, risk free way of finding resources. Allieng is anotehr thing that is not allowed. It's every man for himself. Also when meetup time is called you MUST start heading to the meetup area. That means no having a look around in a cave for some diamonds first; you've had your chance.

I've played about 200 games and hosted a lot on my own server and it's a very fun game mode, as well as being extremely intense at times. I'd post some videos of it from my channel but I don't want to be accused of advertisement, though I'll probably post them in the let's play section soon anyway. I also will probably be able to host two games, one every man for himself and one with teams, depending on how many people are interested.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Okay, well basically each player would be scattered on to a random place in a 1500x1500 vanilla minecraft map.
PvP would be disabled for the first 20 minutes (one complete day/night cycle) to allow players to at least get some armour before they go fighting.
After the game has gone on for a certain amount of time, players must start heading to the center of the map where they will have the final few battles to decide the winner.

The game will use the UHC plugin, which makes golden apples use ingots rather than nuggets, therefore making them harder to obtain. Golden apples restore two hearts of health. Players will drop heads on death, which can be crafted into golden heads in the same way as golden apples are crafted. Golden heads restore 4 hearts. Glistering melons require a gold block rather than ingot, and ghasts drop gold ingots rather than ghast tears. Notch apples are disabled.

You can also see a players HP via the tab menu. There is a glitch in the plugin at the moment though where players who have longer names sometimes have their health cut of but it's not too much of a deal.

The rules are very simple. Strip mining, or branch mining are not allowed. You may staircase down to find a cave, or tunnel above gold level, or towards noises if you hear them, and you may cave. This is to avoid people getting an easy, risk free way of finding resources. Allieng is anotehr thing that is not allowed. It's every man for himself. Also when meetup time is called you MUST start heading to the meetup area. That means no having a look around in a cave for some diamonds first; you've had your chance.

I've played about 200 games and hosted a lot on my own server and it's a very fun game mode, as well as being extremely intense at times. I'd post some videos of it from my channel but I don't want to be accused of advertisement, though I'll probably post them in the let's play section soon anyway. I also will probably be able to host two games, one every man for himself and one with teams, depending on how many people are interested.

Question:

• After the 20min PvP free time, will everyone be forced to fight in the centre of the map? Or is it 20min PvP free time, then a certain amount of time where players can do whatever they want, (gather more resources, try and hunt others down) and then after that certain amount of time is up everyone is forced into the centre?
One thing I'm not too keen on is the golden apple/golden head mechanic. I think it'd be much easier if we let everyone use the food resources around them such as wild cows, pigs, apples etc for food, rather than limiting them to just golden apples and heads. That may be just me, but.

All in all though, 'sounds good. I've got your idea down, and I'll bring it up with Jake some time today/tonight! I'd love to see some of the videos if you don't mind? Perhaps chuck me a PM with them in it?

Last edited:

marcc5m

what
Years
Question:

• After the 20min PvP free time, will everyone be forced to fight in the centre of the map? Or is it 20min PvP free time, then a certain amount of time where players can do whatever they want, (gather more resources, try and hunt others down) and then after that certain amount of time is up everyone is forced into the centre?
One thing I'm not too keen on is the golden apple/golden head mechanic. I think it'd be much easier if we let everyone use the food resources around them such as wild cows, pigs, apples etc for food, rather than limiting them to just golden apples and heads. That may be just me, but.

All in all though, 'sounds good. I've got your idea down, and I'll bring it up with Jake some time today/tonight! I'd love to see some of the videos if you don't mind? Perhaps chuck me a PM with them in it?

The latter. The 20 minutes is to give players a chance to explore the map, get basic equipment like food and wood, without having to worry about fighting other players. After that they are free to do what they want until the meetup time.

Players can still eat normal food, they just won't restore health from it. The point is to make it so that players have to be smart, every heart counts. If you rush in to a cave full of mobs in vanilla, that's fine because you can just regen. The UHC mod makes it so you have to think, you have to try new strategies. It also makes it a lot more intense, every bit of health is important.

Alright, cool :)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Every Get-Together needs an Egg Swap. :mudkip;):

Haven't spoken to Nica about it yet but I'm sure she'd be up for co-hosting this with me. ^^

yeah i'm in/up for co-hosting it. this is all i intend to do for the get together though.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
A huge chunk of the Skype chats I've been involved in the past have centered around the Australian/NZ/Southern Hemisphere members and well, Bloodex doesn't live in a timezone where he can host a Skype call when we're most active. Usually Nica would do such a thing, but since she has since gracefully departed from the forum/the Get-Together as far as I know, I'd love to host the Skype call at the times when Bloodex is sleeping. I mean, he can't exactly be awake all the time, lol.

Actually, according to my schedule, I just realized that I don't have school on Thursday the 4th. So I'm totally up for hosting Skype again this year. :D Yay for no plans that weekend!

I'd also love to co-host the Skype chats for this year, Dipu will be need someone in his timezone to help host, especially when he'll have to go AFK for a couple of times (doing other things and errands and stuff). And he and I could take turns while one of us takes a break.

[Supporter]Megan[/Supporter] would be good for those in UTC/GMT -8 to 10 timezone areas whilst [Supporter]Harley[/Supporter] would be good for his side UTC/GMT +12 to 8.

If any one of you objects or have something to add on, then I'm all ears~

I'm looking forward to this, since this is my first GT. :)

I've helped host a iSketch event before, so, maybe it can make a re-appearance this Get-Together? I can help host it again if that's the case~!

Also, speaking of video games maybe some sort of League of Legends event, or tournament? If people are into League of Legends, that is. I can iron out the idea.

If you're doing a retro gaming event, I can help with that too!

Going for the iSketch I'd love to co-host it with Shawn along with [Supporter]AWsquared[/Supporter] , also just saying, a lot of people would love for it to be an event, and I'm pretty sure that it'll get tons of activity too~

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd love to see a Yugioh tournament (either Duelling Network or YGOPro) being held for the GT, if that appeals to people? I was thinking either Match or Tag games, or possibly both depending on demand. I'd be more than happy to host it if people are interested enough to take part, but the big YGO fan base on here bodes well I think :)

(There may also be a potential ban on the T1 decks at the moment like ED/Prophecy which completely unbalance the game for other decks, but we'll base that on opinion)

Last edited:

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
Years
What an amazingly amazing idea. I'd do it at least.

That was in response to the post above me. In case that wasn't you know, incredibly obvious.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Here's an alternate Minecraft suggestion: have a Creative map for people to build Pokémon-related things in (pixel art, models, buildings, whatever). It'd be open throughout the GT weekend, and the map be made downloadable afterwards.

I couldn't host it myself, but I think it's a nice alternative to a UHC event (it's the exact opposite of it, in fact).

Years
I looked through and notice that an icon/banner contest hasn't been suggested yet... I remember during the 2011 Holiday Hop we had one of those contests where users took stock images and made a banner or an icon based on the theme of winter. Could we have that again? :3

marcc5m

what
Years
Here's an alternate Minecraft suggestion: have a Creative map for people to build Pokémon-related things in (pixel art, models, buildings, whatever). It'd be open throughout the GT weekend, and the map be made downloadable afterwards.

I couldn't host it myself, but I think it's a nice alternative to a UHC event (it's the exact opposite of it, in fact).

Well...Why not both?

This is something different, too.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Going for the iSketch I'd love to co-host it with Shawn along with [Supporter]AWsquared[/Supporter] , also just saying, a lot of people would love for it to be an event, and I'm pretty sure that it'll get tons of activity too~

I didn't technically say I'd help host an iSkecth event, was just agreeing with Kura's suggestion of an oekaki/whiteboard event and said I might help host it if it becomes an actual event since Kura will be gone for most of the GT weekend. Though ISketch/o is pretty similar to an oekaki/whiteboard. I'm already co-hosting the Radio Nights with Dave (Antemortem) so I may or may not be able to help co-host the iSketch event or whiteboard/oekaki thing. Depends on my time.

Kiriyuuki Kasuna

<b><i><font color="#979C1F">Insert Purpose of Mean
Years
A chat with a whiteboard would be cool. Like the oldschool oekaki chatrooms that I still have links to some active ones that you can just make your own and join.

Like one of these:
http://www.takamin.com/oekakichat/user/oekakichat3.php?userid=491232

Unfortunately I wont be here to attend this get-together, as I will be on a mini vacation-adventure that weekend but hopefully others can have fun with it!~

I didn't technically say I'd help host an iSkecth event, was just agreeing with Kura's suggestion of an oekaki/whiteboard event and said I might help host it if it becomes an actual event since Kura will be gone for most of the GT weekend. Though ISketch/o is pretty similar to an oekaki/whiteboard. I'm already co-hosting the Radio Nights with Dave (Antemortem) so I may or may not be able to help co-host the iSketch event or whiteboard/oekaki thing. Depends on my time.

I gave the whiteboard/oekaki a spin for my money, and it's not bad, it's just that you need Java first of all and the Google translate plugin thing, since the whiteboard thing is in Japanese... It only translates the text in the page into English and the mechanic itself is wholesomely in Japanese... The interface is a bit like MS Paint, but like an really old windows 95 and below version. So I think people would want to use iSketch over the whiteboard/oekaki, since IS, requires only Adobe Shockwave installed in your computer, and most people shouldn't have a problem with that than more or so with the whiteboard/oekaki (has Java*). (Hope everything I said makes sense , typing this half awake...)

Anyway, you can just pop in whenever you like then, [Supporter]AWsquared[/Supporter]. Ante will be needing you more, since the radio will be pretty busy and popular, he'd need it.

I'll be with my man, [Supporter]Miss Doronjo[/Supporter] (SHAWN) with the iSketch AFTER he makes up his mind that it... xD

Back