• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (NEW) Pokemon: Moon/Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
Years
Hey, thats awsome.
I was going to have a huge Academy in one of my hacks (not finished)
But can I ask a question?
In the pokemon map editors, like advance map, there is a header option called pokemon listing or something.
Now theres also an option to make pokemon appear in trees, which I always enable.
But I don't know how to get it to work, so.....

I ask this because in one of your screen shots, you have the small trees that you shake.

And, theres one more question.
Do you have to have those little trees to shake trees? Couldn't you use the big trees?

zak

xpert trainer
Years
wow

i really like youre story line, nice screenies to , if you need any help just tell me , gengazard added me to the team so im here for ya,
keep it up

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2007
Hey, Treecko where are the screens you promissed?:paranoid:
Lol
They will post screens soon as he can:D
but really i can't wait :D

P.S: Treecko come to msn i have to send you a patch :D

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Don't worry, I'll post the screens later today. Along with them, I'll answer questions.

Callydude™

I hide in the darkness
Years
This looks AWSIM....lol...
But I mean WOW this is really great!
Tomorrow can u realese what uve done so far?
Because even though u havent fineshed half of it id love to try it out!
Oh and can I be a BETA tester?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Glad to see Moon/Sun is back. I dont like R/S graphics, but if you say you'll change them, then I buy it! Also, there's one screenshot in your first post that says "a couple of headbutt trees". But those seem like berry trees, mistake?

Best of lucks to you!

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Screenshots and Answers

Sorry about not posting the screens earlier, I was really busy. I had trouble with a new program. But anyway...

Hey, thats awsome.
I was going to have a huge Academy in one of my hacks (not finished)
But can I ask a question?
In the pokemon map editors, like advance map, there is a header option called pokemon listing or something.
Now theres also an option to make pokemon appear in trees, which I always enable.
But I don't know how to get it to work, so.....

I ask this because in one of your screen shots, you have the small trees that you shake.

And, theres one more question.
Do you have to have those little trees to shake trees? Couldn't you use the big trees?
The "trees" option in AdvanceMap are not for trees, that's gotta be fixed. It's actually for the rocks you use "Rocksmash" on. As for the headbutt trees, they will shake when you use them, unfortunately you can't use headbutt on them. I'll try to find a some kind of way to use headbutt on them. I'll really try!
Hey, Treecko where are the screens you promissed?
Right here!
This looks AWSIM....lol...
But I mean WOW this is really great!
Tomorrow can u realese what uve done so far?
Because even though u havent fineshed half of it id love to try it out!
Oh and can I be a BETA tester?
Sorry, no beta testers. It's just that I like testing it out myself. Some beta testers just want to play the game and then they'll let you know if there's any problems. That's what they are, but you should also test each tile and talk to each T.V., person, etc.
Glad to see Moon/Sun is back. I dont like R/S graphics, but if you say you'll change them, then I buy it! Also, there's one screenshot in your first post that says "a couple of headbutt trees". But those seem like berry trees, mistake?

Best of lucks to you!
Wow, the mighty zel posted in my thread. Well, the old one too. Thanks, I fixed the typing to berry trees. I'm really trying to change the graphics in Ruby, I'm asking a couple of friends to help. Not just changing the palettes. I'm changing the big ugly letters and numbers to the ones in Emerald too. I want to make it so you don't have to talk to the signs to make it show what it says. Instead, you just walk up to it and it'll show up, like in FR/LG. I don't think that's possible, is it?

And here are a couple of screenshots at the beginning of the game. I'll start posting screens of maps as well, but not until probably after next week. Yes, whole cities and towns. I'll post more screens of the main character walking around other places and new events. I won't post any event until I finish it though. I want it to actually work.:) Anyway, here are a couple of shots...

rubyusa01vr7.png

When you find PROF. OAK, he'll battle you.
rubyusa02ts0.png

He'll have the Pokemon weaker from the one you'll choose after helping GARY.
rubyusa03fx1.png
rubyusa04qq3.png

Here are a couple of more D/P Pokemon.

So, am I doing good?

Sharanza

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2007
great screens
i love your hack :D
awesome work

Matt Silver

Who Do You Think?
Years
rubyusa01vr7.png

When you find PROF. OAK, he'll battle you.
rubyusa02ts0.png

He'll have the Pokemon weaker from the one you'll choose after helping GARY.
rubyusa03fx1.png
rubyusa04qq3.png

Here are a couple of more D/P Pokemon.

So, am I doing good?

Yeah you are doing good!

Those are nice screenies (Love the DP Pokemon, Offtopic: I'm placing DP pokemon in my hack but I cant get the palette right...)

I would really like to see this hack get finished with FRLG graphics instead of RSE. Anyway, keep it up.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
rubyusa04qq3.png

So, am I doing good?

You'll find me in your thread more often than you think. I liked your previous M/S, now that you decided to switch to Ruby, well, it'll take some time...

Just another question, or you may call it suggestion: Don't you think that your Korobooshi's legs seem to have been cut off? (Could you move it up a bit?)

And... to answer your question, yes, you're doing quite good, let's see your maps (in which I know you excel...)

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Thanks zel. That ugly Pokemon gets on my nerves. First I had problems inserting it, then with it's back pic, then it's evolution gave me trouble. I never noticed that I messed up with the legs. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it right now.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Have you shrunk down the sprites at all, cause you know they are made for dimensions of 80x80 pixels.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
One Excellent Idea!

I was thinking about this hack and how can I improve it more, then it hit me! Since I wanted to create games that are similar to the real Pokemon games, why not.....you'll see soon enough. I believe this is the greatest idea I've ever had. I'm not going to reveal it for a while though. But trust me, you'll love it...I hope. In the meantime, back to work. Expect more news and screens soon. And Friday will be a major update. I'll try not to surf the web too much so I can get more done. So...see ya later.

Sharanza

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2007
I was thinking about this hack and how can I improve it more, then it hit me! Since I wanted to create games that are similar to the real Pokemon games, why not.....you'll see soon enough. I believe this is the greatest idea I've ever had. I'm not going to reveal it for a while though. But trust me, you'll love it...I hope. In the meantime, back to work. Expect more news and screens soon. And Friday will be a major update. I'll try not to surf the web too much so I can get more done. So...see ya later.
^^
can't wait to friday:D i really love this hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back