• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
I DID IT!! I GOT SHINY SEVIPER!!

Okay, last night, I was going crazy, getting screwed up on long Seviper chains. I had a 40-chain going, but my game decided to play a little prank and end my Max Repel and not tell me, so I ran into a wild Pokémon, having no idea what was going on. My game didn't even record the 40-chain because it didn't save when I thought it did and I reset to reclaim some wasted Max Repels.

So today I was chaining a little more, using my new secret technique, when on a short chain of 8, the shiny grass appeared! I entered to find a female shiny Seviper! I caught her in a Premier Ball and named her Bee-Gee. I don't have a video because I was all caught up in the excitement, not to mention afraid of more Radar nonsense going on. I'll get pictures up once I finish this chain. Wow, sweet vengeance!

Edit: The chain just broke at 10. Now to check the PC... :D

Last edited:

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Wow! Congrats, MM! *claps*

As for emerald, my friend hasn't brang it. I'm dieing for Latias... Not to use in battle, just to have, cause I love them SO much...

Zapdos... no Shiny... *sigh* Hmm. This is my what? 12th day of hunting? T_T I'm starting to CRACK... I spend all day trying to get it...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Another one? How many times has that happened to you now in total? Maybe if you catch a shiny Poochy/Ziggy they'll stop bugging you. Try the Radar. And at least you'll feel that less have escaped you. That's why I'm hunting shiny Starly. Because I lost one while SRing. Thank God Staraptor is also a good Pokemon worth hunting.

I think this is the 10th time total. Oh, well.

Congrats, MM.

shinyGeo

Part heeler, Part Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
I DID IT I CAN WORK THE POKERADAR!

I got another shiny ralts AND a shiny pachirisu :D

ok well here's what happened, as you guys know ive been radaring pachirisu for a while. I had my chain up to 29 and got distracted by the TV then i heard the noise that my 29th battle had ended and i was like f**k cause i didnt see where the grass was...so i chose the right side to try to reset the radar as i was doing it my finger slipped and i moved twice to the right and a battle commenced....SHINY PACHRISU! thank god for butter fingers :D ok then later i decided to try for ralts again since my other one got evolved into a gardevoir instead of evolving it into gallade...so at chain 15 the shiny grass appeared...yeah i know uneventful no distractions or anything but yeah...i was expecting it to pop up later but oh well w.e. i dont care this is better....now i have to find a dawn stone :D

*note* this happened over the weekend the website wouldnt work on computer and was getting about as bad as the serebii forums which is why i didnt get to say this sooner.

nothing on rotom yet

Years
Update! Pictures:

Click to see my shiny album. I tried playing with the focus and camera position to deal with the moire, but it didn't help much. I really need a decent camera.

Also just for fun, I've uploaded a pic of the crazy stat increases seen in my shiny Dialga, whom I EVed entirely in one level:
17-JadalgaL48lvlup.jpg

Thirdly, here are the IVs for my new Seviper:
HP: 21
Atk: 18
Def: 31
SpAtk: 18
SpDef: 2
Speed: 12

Now, I have a quick question: how much speed does Seviper need? I'd use 201 to outspeed all the 200ers, but that requires 216 EVs, leaving me with very little for my defenses. Smogon isn't very helpful for UU magic stat numbers for speed.

I wish I'd posted about Seviper at SPPF before it went down again. =/

I think I'll work on Beldum/Chikorita on Emerald and actually finish playing through Diamond before hunting any more.

Edit: Welcome to the Radar Club, Geo! And I have a bunch of Dawn/Dusk Stones if you need them. *huggles L85 shiny Linoone*

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Thanks MM!

dont worry about the dawn stone i found out i had caught a pick up pachirisu which is currently lv 83 so im going to train it some and give shiny pachirisu exp.share so he'll level up some while im at it (im not into the whole Ev training thing)BTW my shiny pachirisu has runaway :( i wanted pickup...maybe i'll keep rdaaring pachirisu till i get a shiny pickup one...but pickup ones seem to be as rare as female eevee's...

Years
Queen Boo, what shinies do you own? Please note that our rules don't count clones, hacks, Pokémon from the GTS, or Pokémon from G/S/C or earlier. You may join once you've told us.

Grreat. SPPF stays up long enough for me to put together a Seviper post, but not long enough for it to actually submit. Joe, fix the servers. >=[

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Update! Pictures:

Click to see my shiny album. I tried playing with the focus and camera position to deal with the moire, but it didn't help much. I really need a decent camera.

Also just for fun, I've uploaded a pic of the crazy stat increases seen in my shiny Dialga, whom I EVed entirely in one level:
17-JadalgaL48lvlup.jpg

Thirdly, here are the IVs for my new Seviper:
HP: 21
Atk: 18
Def: 31
SpAtk: 18
SpDef: 2
Speed: 12

Now, I have a quick question: how much speed does Seviper need? I'd use 201 to outspeed all the 200ers, but that requires 216 EVs, leaving me with very little for my defenses. Smogon isn't very helpful for UU magic stat numbers for speed.

I wish I'd posted about Seviper at SPPF before it went down again. =/

I think I'll work on Beldum/Chikorita on Emerald and actually finish playing through Diamond before hunting any more.

Edit: Welcome to the Radar Club, Geo! And I have a bunch of Dawn/Dusk Stones if you need them. *huggles L85 shiny Linoone*

I want to join the Radar Club! =/

Anyways, MM, I really don't think you should bother with it's defenses at all. If I were you, I'd just max it's SAtk and Speed. A Poison type with 73/60/60 base isn't going to be walling much, even in UU. If you REALLY want some sort of defense, I'd just put your Speed at 201, max your SAtk, and put the rest in HP or Def. I guess it could switch into random physical Fighting, Poison, Bug, and Grass moves, but that's really about it.

Edit: Actually, MM, the more I think about it, the more it makes sense that Def EVs seems useful. Fighting, Bug, and Grass are quite useful resistances...maybe you should max SAtk?

Last edited:
Years
I'm already maxing SpAtk. Do you mean, not max it? Grass moves are especially common in UU, thanks to the ugly likes of Whiscash, Quagsire, and Gastrodon. I'd still probably not want to switch my poor Disco Snake into much, despite that. I really wish Seviper got Agility or Nasty Plot. :D

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Ok, I feel a little better. I currently have a 20 chain for the shiny I'm hunting. :)

Yeah, I meant not maxing it. What do you plan on making Seviper hold? Lefties? Then again, maybe you should just run max SAtk and Speed. Sure, that 31 Def IVs is nice, but if you plan on battling "good" people with it, they'll definitely have Pokemon with 31 Atk IVs and perfect EV Spreads, so maybe putting EVs into Defense is worthless after all.

Edit: *Sigh*
Broke at 23. It fulfilled all the requirements, though. =/

Last edited:

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Ive got to get video/photo proof of my shinies...i dont want to end up not believed or anything especially with something as coincidential as 2 shinies in 2 days...

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
Congrats MM, inspired to try and get mine more now so I've fired up my DS and started hunting.

Just wondering what calc people use to calculate their IV's would come in handy for later use (especially if it's compatible with the advanced gen as well)

After i finally encounter a shiny in emerald (after 200 hours of play you would think I would have one by now) I think I'll start playing LG again, it has been quite a while since I touched that game.

37 Chimecho's
15 Nuzleaf's

MM if your having trouble with Serebii try Pokemonelite2000, we have quite a people who are great with movesets.

Good luck all.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
I posted yesterday or whenever and it had my post on the page but it's not there anymore and yeah it's just really weird. PC is weird. It's a glitch though, because when I was posting, Fufu didn't have a post there anymore and I thought it was deleted, but now that post is back and everything's back to normal...?

Well, I'm not back to normal..... It's totally depressing.

Magnemite was my swarm Pokemon again... and I kept getting broken chains of my own Ralts... so I went there to try and hurry... And I never got anything there, either.. My highest chain was like, 9. The Magnemites weren't common at all I mean it took me 10 times just to find one on my last try which ended on 9 because I had to leave it on overnight, and due to their "not so common"ness, an Aron broke the chain because I'm just tired of doing this without any results...

I went back to training my Roselia and looking for a shiny Ralts, but it simply isn't going to happen.
Half of my 999 Max Repels are gone, man. That blows.
I'm just going to have to stop and raise my Pokemon and quit doing stuff like this. Sure, I'm raising my Roselia at the same time, but I use too many repels so it's like, 1 Ralts per 5 minutes and sometimes only 1 per 10 minutes because of the crappy grass selection..

I had planned a bunch of other Pokemon I was going to get, but I think my Diamond isn't forever and I should seriously think about what Pokemon I should go after because this is ridiculous. When I'm chaining I can't do anything else with my DS, and it SUCKS when you leave it on overnight charging, and about 20 minutes into it the next day the chain is broken.

Which is why I still say you have to be "very lucky" and have to be at the right place at the right time. And I'm neither right now and should really be getting ready for PBR and well just to have a team! :(

-DDD

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Sure, I'm raising my Roselia at the same time, but I use too many repels so it's like, 1 Ralts per 5 minutes and sometimes only 1 per 10 minutes because of the crappy grass selection..

Which grass are you using?

I used the big patch north of Jubilife only took me 3 max repels to fin a ralts and then about 40 or so to gt the shiny it was like 2 per max repel when i got my first one the second one only took me 4 repels....1 to find the ralts and 3 while i was chaining. or you can use the one right outside the orebourgh gate (straight in front of it)

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Hrrmph. :-~
I'm using the big patch of grass East of Jubilife, right before the cave. Finding them isn't the problem. It's just bad grass selection, and I've done it so much, you'd think I'd have results..... I have 22 in my current chain (I left it there while I took a break, this is really starting to get to me), so maybe, just maybe, I'll get one.
Cause, seriously, it's starting to turn into a Charmander/Totodile/Magnemite affair: I've put so much time into it, I need one REGARDLESS of what it's like just because of the effort!

I didn't know you could do it north of Jubilife... I picked this area because I thought it'd be easiest.
Anyway yeah my biggest peeve is bad grass (The WORST is Fuego Ironworks. At least to me, so far) and the occasional Starly.

Oh, trust me, I'd LOVE to move on to something else. U_u; My roselia's Sp. Attack EV training is almost done anyway (I lack about 12 more, but I may not dare to enter the grass with these 22 Ralts), so I need to find a Speed EV Pokemon that I'd like shiny.

shinyGeo

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2007
Until you get confident that you can get past 22 save (to save max repels of course) and just start reseting for the shiny, if you see a patch that your ABSOLUTELY positive will have a ralts go for it. until then just keep reseting who knows you might get the shiny patch before you get a patch thats perfect to get a ralts on.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Looks like a lot of shinies have been caught in my absence. Well done, y'all. MM, I haven't seen Stat changes that crazy since the first time my self-discovered Glitch Poke in Sapphire, "Advanced 'M," raised a level and his Base Stats were re-configured from that of Mightyena to that of his own species. Long story there but I'll tell you all about Advanced 'M soon.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Well, I did get 33 Ralts before, but then I lost it... Before I got 40 Larvitars and it broke. I got 35 Larvitars and it broke. On a 16 Larvitar chain, I got one shiny. On 16 - 22 Budews, I got one shiny. So lower numbers have been nice to me, but higher ones just haven't been good. Meh. I'll think it over later. I'll probably do that "reset" thing as I thought about it before when I first started doing this, but it's no good when you're EV training at the same time.

Years
well no new shinys, but now that it is coming close to summer i will be on more often. Btw congrads on the shinys and good luck to everyone. As soon as i beat the elite four and get the national pokedex i will be hunting for my first d/p shiny and it is a secret. for me to tell you, you will have to guess the riddle in my sig by pm so good luck.

Back