• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Hope you don't mind I post here even though I haven't come to this thread in a while.

Of course! You're a member of the club, you're welcome to come and go as you please :)

And now for something completely different: another discussion topic. Do you want people to know you're _______ when you first meet them?

Because I'm generally what you call 'straight-acting' in real life I don't think it's something that's necessary to divulge at first meeting. Of course the more effeminate guys or the more gender-ambivolent people in general don't have that luxury because it's fairly obvious right off the bat (and there's nothing wrong with that), but since it's not immediately clear I don't see why I should go out of my way to point it out.

I wouldn't go so far as to say "it's not that important to who I am" because I believe human sexuality is incredibly important to the human experience, but it's certainly not the most important thing about who I am. I'd rather they get to know things about me in order of priority.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
No worries.

And now for something completely different: another discussion topic. Do you want people to know you're _______ when you first meet them?

It's hard for me to exactly keep it a secret because of my appearance, but I'm someone who wouldn't want anyone to know because I have self-esteem issues I think it would be nice to get to know someone without them having preconceptions.

I try to be ambiguous about my sexuality. I do not say "hey, Megan Fox is sooo hawt!" Or anything else to appear straight. Nor do I say that I am gay. I guess I try to keep two major things in mind prior to mentioning it to someone.

1) Figure out if they are accepting of gay people
2) I like them to get to know who I am beyond my sexual identity first.

I just don't waste my time with people who say things like, "isn't ridiculous that Elton John is allowed to have kids." Or, "Anne Coulter and Sarah Palin are admirable women that I hope to be like one day." lol, these are actually things that people said a little after meeting them; I decided to not bother trying to hang out with them!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
As an integral part of my legislative redponse to recent homophobic aytacks on pur students, the AS just passed two important bills.

H.R. 1
Protecting The Right To Bear Arms Act
-Allows concealed and open carry of a basic hand gun on University property if it was obtained legitimately under state and federal law
-Allows for the keeping of basic hand guns and hunting rifles in Univetsity Housing units if they were obtained legitimately under state and federal law
-Requires all firearms to be registeref with University Police, and if applicable, University Housing
-Requires all firearms stored in University Housing units to use trigger safety locks and to be unloaded when not in use for legitimaye self-defense purposes

Also, a bill of mine was passed.

S.B. 3
A funding request by Senator Macias (R-GSA)
-Provides funding to conduct firearms education and safety programs by the Gay-Straight Alliance club with the purpose of educating members about their self-defense rights in order to combat assaults against LGBT students
-Workshops will cover hand guns, tasers, pepper spray, knives, brass knuckles, and defensive hand fighting techniques

Last edited:

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
No worries.

It's hard for me to exactly keep it a secret because of my appearance, but I'm someone who wouldn't want anyone to know because I have self-esteem issues I think it would be nice to get to know someone without them having preconceptions.

A few years back I used to get asked if I was gay by a large amount of the people I met, and I would deny it, but these days nobody really asks.
Perhaps I've become more ambiguous or people just assume and dont bother asking anymore.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
As an integral part of my legislative redponse to recent homophobic aytacks on pur students, the AS just passed two important bills.

H.R. 1
Protecting The Right To Bear Arms Act
-Allows concealed and open carry of a basic hand gun on University property if it was obtained legitimately under state and federal law
-Allows for the keeping of basic hand guns and hunting rifles in Univetsity Housing units if they were obtained legitimately under state and federal law
-Requires all firearms to be registeref with University Police, and if applicable, University Housing
-Requires all firearms stored in University Housing units to use trigger safety locks and to be unloaded when not in use for legitimaye self-defense purposes

Also, a bill of mine was passed.

S.B. 3
A funding request by Senator Macias (R-GSA)
-Provides funding to conduct firearms education and safety programs by the Gay-Straight Alliance club with the purpose of educating members about their self-defense rights in order to combat assaults against LGBT students
-Workshops will cover hand guns, tasers, pepper spray, knives, brass knuckles, and defensive hand fighting techniques

Allowing kids to bring guns on campus!? You guys just opened a huge can of worms; this can only increase the amount of violent incidences at the school.
Why are you guys teaching LGBT kids how to use knives, brass knuckles, and hand guns?!?! These bills are so extreme!

I do not understand why you were so against requiring children to be taught tolerance of gay people and dispel homophobia, yet you want to encourage gay people to just live in a world where there is homophobia and remedy it with more guns and deadly weapons.

Years
Allowing kids to bring guns on campus!? You guys just opened a huge can of worms; this can only increase the amount of violent incidences at the school.
Why are you guys teaching LGBT kids how to use knives, brass knuckles, and hand guns?!?! These bills are so extreme!
Freaky is talking about her college campus. It's not a high school or something like that so everyone involved would be an adult (except maybe a rare super-genius kid). Still, I don't like the idea of guns in schools. I'm all for pepper spray though.

I do not understand why you were so against requiring children to be taught tolerance of gay people and dispel homophobia, yet you want to encourage gay people to just live in a world where there is homophobia and remedy it with more guns and deadly weapons.
I agree with you on this. I don't see how teaching tolerance for something that's not harmful is bad. Like, I wouldn't be okay if schools wanted to teach acceptance of neo-nazis because they advocate hatred and violence, but acceptance of gay people is more on par with human rights than anything else.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
yeah, guns are a bit extreme... pepper spray, and maybe even tazers would be okay, but if someone has a gun, and is taught that it's okay to use it, they probably will.

Then again, it is a college, so maybe they'll be able to handle it.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
We have several LGBT issues classes at our school. Awhile ago, I wrote the bill would introduce LGBT issues in GE social science courses with the right of students to opt themselves out of said instruction if they wish.

There are extensive background checks, licensing, and registration requirements to keep and bear arms on Univetsity property. It's well regulated and will allow our most targeted students the ability to defend themselves from attack.

Have a gander here.

Last edited:

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Hey everyone! I have a fun-ish question.

What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?

For me, it is between two.

1) My mom was like, "What if you met a girl who was really special, and one that you like alot? Isn't it more just about the person rather than the gender?"

My response, "Mom, would you ever date a woman if you thought she was a good person and 'liked' her alot." Then she responded, "Umm, I got your point."

2) I and my boyfriend were holding hands on campus and this girl we just met was like, "wow, it is so weird that you guys actually get along so well."

My response, "huh?" Then she clarified, " Well usually brothers won't hold hands like they actually show some sort of affection for the other because they don't want people to think you are, you know, gay."

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 6, 2013
Hey everyone! I have a fun-ish question.

What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?

I suppose it would have to be with one of the guys at my school, when he found out I was bi. It started out for some rather rude and personal questions that, for the purposes of decency, I shan't repeat here, before evolving into me trying to correct what he thought being Bisexual actually is. Apparently we have to alternate between guy and girl, otherwise we're just straight or gay! I just laughed.

Incidentally, JOINING!

Shining Raichu

Years
Welcome, Blue Nocturne!

The most hilarious thing I've ever been asked, and it was only out of the fact that it was 100% cliche, is "Have you ever tried not being gay?"

My response was "Yes, the antibiotics didn't work."

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015

I suppose it would have to be with one of the guys at my school, when he found out I was bi. It started out for some rather rude and personal questions that, for the purposes of decency, I shan't repeat here, before evolving into me trying to correct what he thought being Bisexual actually is. Apparently we have to alternate between guy and girl, otherwise we're just straight or gay! I just laughed.

Incidentally, JOINING!

OMG, I dated this "bi" guy who thought that he was allowed to date both me and another girl! Guys like that tarnish the good name of bi people as yourself. But yes, many people, including gays, have this perception that "bi" means that a person is trying to hide that they are completely gay. That really just makes gay people just as bad as straight people for saying that it is a choice or an act to be gay. Let's just say that he probably watched that Tila Tequila show!

Welcome, Blue Nocturne!

The most hilarious thing I've ever been asked, and it was only out of the fact that it was 100% cliche, is "Have you ever tried not being gay?"

My response was "Yes, the antibiotics didn't work."

OMG. the antibiotics didn't work!?

lol. Kinda like, "how do you know that you are gay if you haven't tried ..... with a girl?" It's like, " how do you know that you are straight if you haven't tried ... with a guy?"

Last edited:

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Hey everyone! What are some of the most funny/ignorant things people have asked you about your sexuality, and how did you respond?
It wasnt a question she asked but my oldest sister definately seems ignorant. She saw a photo of my other sister of her and her friend hugging in a completely non-romantic way, so she asks them if they had "gone lesbo" I really dont know where to begin outlining the things wrong with that. When I asked her what she thinks the definition of a lesbian actually was she tells me "Its a girl who has had a lot of bad relationships with guys so she decides to go out with girls instead". This woman is almost 30, and we were not taught to believe such things in my family, I have no idea where she got this from.
And then there is the other sister; I mentioned to her that a close friend of mine was gay, she told me she didnt believe me because he didnt dress in the latest fashion trends. *Facepalm*

I'm embarrassed to be related to these people at times.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
"Are you gay?"

This used to get me really paranoid. After I became friends with people who were gay, I started to think that it wasn't that big of a deal when someone asked me that, especially since after high school I was never going to see them again, so I started embracing the question for what it was worth and having fun with the people who were asking me it. And they were always the same people who asked me. Thinking that I would never change my answer caught them by surprise. I remember one in particular asked me during biology my sophomore year. He turned around before class started and asked if I was gay. I told him he wasn't my type.

But what really pisses me off are these people who get the impression that if you're not together with someone of the opposite sex, you're gay. I don't mind people thinking I'm gay, because of the fact that the majority of my friends are gay and I've gotten to the point where I just don't find it that big of a deal if someone thinks I am. But for someone to assume someone's gay because they aren't looking to sleep around -- like every other guy around here -- with as many girls as they can get with, that's extremely ignorant and highly pig-headed. I have a loss of respect for people who think like that and think that they're better than everyone else for the amount of sex they have with the amount of girls they end up with. Sexuality is not gay or straight, black or white. It's not even gay, straight, or bi. It's such a complicated thing, sexuality is. That being said, I do fit into something, which falls in the gray-A area. I'm not gay, straight, bi, or pansexual, though.

I'm demisexual, which 'is a person who does not experience sexual attraction until they form a strong emotional connection with someone. In general, demisexuals are not sexually attracted to anyone of any gender; however, when a demisexual is emotionally connected to (usually in love with but sometimes feel strongly as friends) someone else, the demisexual experiences sexual attraction and desire, but only towards the specific partner or partners.' When describing demisexuality as an orientation to sexuals, sexuals often mistake it as an admirable choice rather than an innate orientation. Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close relationship is formed.'

I stumbled upon the term about a week ago, thinking to myself "Whoa! That sounds exactly like me."

For a while, I didn't know what I was. I thought I might have been gay after a while because I didn't have any attraction to girls in a sexual way. Then I realized that I didn't have any attraction to guys either. After a while, I started thinking I was pansexual, because of my belief that anyone can end up falling in love with anyone else, regardless of their sex or orientation, and I was primarily blinded with sexuality and the comparrison to romantic attraction and physical attraction. After that, I realized that I didn't have any sexual attraction to anyone, except for one person. I've only ever experienced true sexual attraction once in my life, and that was with my ex, which was extremely limited. I had a hard time talking to her about sex, mainly because she was really sexual sometimes. She was fully straight, and couldn't understand why I wasn't like any other guy my age and didn't want sex. I couldn't either. My belief is that, sex is something that -- while a truly wonderful thing if it's in a loving relationship -- should primarily be used to procreate. I see a lot of people my age having sex just because it feels good, and while I recognize that, I don't have the desire to just go up to someone and have sex with them. That seems entirely too foul to me, and I would feel that if I did that (especially since I wouldn't really have any interest in it), I would not only disrespect myself, but I would disrespect whoever I decided to get together with.

I have a slight interest in having children, and I can only think of that being the reason I would have sex with someone. I picture myself with a family, and think that that would be the only reason I would have sex. I mean, I have some sexual desires every now and then, but that's nothing that I can't do myself. I don't have any desire to fulfill them with another person. Especially now that I'm not in a relationship with anyone, or interested in getting into one at all at the moment. But, as I was saying, for the last few months I have been trying to discover what sexuality exactly I am. I came to the conclusion that I was demisexual because the only person I ever had sexual desires for -- after at least three years of knowing her -- was my former girlfriend, and they were very, very limited. I only thought about it about two or three times, and they came and went like drinking a glass of water. It didn't last very long, but in those few spans of times, I did have a lust feeling building up that I normally never felt. Comparing that to how I view other people, the only thing I can say is "Oh, she's very pretty!" I don't have any sexual desires mixed with physical attraction. I can view someone and point out if I find them attractive, but I don't feel anything sexual towards them.

But all in all, the fact that the only person I've ever had sexual feelings for was my last girlfriend, I've determined that I was demisexual since I felt that I met the criteria. I was only ever in one truly romantic relationships, and now -- thinking back -- I realize that I didn't have sexual feelings until my emotions developed to her to what I believe was love, but I don't really have anything to compare that to since I've only been in one relationship. Unfortunately for me, those sexual feelings started two months before we broke up... so it was really shellshocking to me, and I feel that's going to prevent me for a while from getting into a relationship with anyone else.

Nevertheless, despite not fully meeting into an asexual aspect, since I feel that I do have sexual desires as it stands, and not fitting the LGBTQIA mold, I certainly support the LGBTQIA community and support them having the rights that they should.

Shining Raichu

Years
"Are you gay?"

This used to get me really paranoid. After I became friends with people who were gay, I started to think that it wasn't that big of a deal when someone asked me that, especially since after high school I was never going to see them again, so I started embracing the question for what it was worth and having fun with the people who were asking me it. And they were always the same people who asked me. Thinking that I would never change my answer caught them by surprise. I remember one in particular asked me during biology my sophomore year. He turned around before class started and asked if I was gay. I told him he wasn't my type.

But what really pisses me off are these people who get the impression that if you're not together with someone of the opposite sex, you're gay. I don't mind people thinking I'm gay, because of the fact that the majority of my friends are gay and I've gotten to the point where I just don't find it that big of a deal if someone thinks I am. But for someone to assume someone's gay because they aren't looking to sleep around -- like every other guy around here -- with as many girls as they can get with, that's extremely ignorant and highly pig-headed. I have a loss of respect for people who think like that and think that they're better than everyone else for the amount of sex they have with the amount of girls they end up with. Sexuality is not gay or straight, black or white. It's not even gay, straight, or bi. It's such a complicated thing, sexuality is. That being said, I do fit into something, which falls in the gray-A area. I'm not gay, straight, bi, or pansexual, though.

I'm demisexual, which 'is a person who does not experience sexual attraction until they form a strong emotional connection with someone. In general, demisexuals are not sexually attracted to anyone of any gender; however, when a demisexual is emotionally connected to (usually in love with but sometimes feel strongly as friends) someone else, the demisexual experiences sexual attraction and desire, but only towards the specific partner or partners.' When describing demisexuality as an orientation to sexuals, sexuals often mistake it as an admirable choice rather than an innate orientation. Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close relationship is formed.'

I stumbled upon the term about a week ago, thinking to myself "Whoa! That sounds exactly like me."

For a while, I didn't know what I was. I thought I might have been gay after a while because I didn't have any attraction to girls in a sexual way. Then I realized that I didn't have any attraction to guys either. After a while, I started thinking I was pansexual, because of my belief that anyone can end up falling in love with anyone else, regardless of their sex or orientation, and I was primarily blinded with sexuality and the comparrison to romantic attraction and physical attraction. After that, I realized that I didn't have any sexual attraction to anyone, except for one person. I've only ever experienced true sexual attraction once in my life, and that was with my ex, which was extremely limited. I had a hard time talking to her about sex, mainly because she was really sexual sometimes. She was fully straight, and couldn't understand why I wasn't like any other guy my age and didn't want sex. I couldn't either. My belief is that, sex is something that -- while a truly wonderful thing if it's in a loving relationship -- should primarily be used to procreate. I see a lot of people my age having sex just because it feels good, and while I recognize that, I don't have the desire to just go up to someone and have sex with them. That seems entirely too foul to me, and I would feel that if I did that (especially since I wouldn't really have any interest in it), I would not only disrespect myself, but I would disrespect whoever I decided to get together with.

I have a slight interest in having children, and I can only think of that being the reason I would have sex with someone. I picture myself with a family, and think that that would be the only reason I would have sex. I mean, I have some sexual desires every now and then, but that's nothing that I can't do myself. I don't have any desire to fulfill them with another person. Especially now that I'm not in a relationship with anyone, or interested in getting into one at all at the moment. But, as I was saying, for the last few months I have been trying to discover what sexuality exactly I am. I came to the conclusion that I was demisexual because the only person I ever had sexual desires for -- after at least three years of knowing her -- was my former girlfriend, and they were very, very limited. I only thought about it about two or three times, and they came and went like drinking a glass of water. It didn't last very long, but in those few spans of times, I did have a lust feeling building up that I normally never felt. Comparing that to how I view other people, the only thing I can say is "Oh, she's very pretty!" I don't have any sexual desires mixed with physical attraction. I can view someone and point out if I find them attractive, but I don't feel anything sexual towards them.

But all in all, the fact that the only person I've ever had sexual feelings for was my last girlfriend, I've determined that I was demisexual since I felt that I met the criteria. I was only ever in one truly romantic relationships, and now -- thinking back -- I realize that I didn't have sexual feelings until my emotions developed to her to what I believe was love, but I don't really have anything to compare that to since I've only been in one relationship. Unfortunately for me, those sexual feelings started two months before we broke up... so it was really shellshocking to me, and I feel that's going to prevent me for a while from getting into a relationship with anyone else.

Nevertheless, despite not fully meeting into an asexual aspect, since I feel that I do have sexual desires as it stands, and not fitting the LGBTQIA mold, I certainly support the LGBTQIA community and support them having the rights that they should.

I clicked onto your profile about half an hour ago and saw you creating this post, so I got a little excited and was refreshing this page until it showed up lol.

It's always a pleasure reading what you have to say, and I'm certainly glad you took the time to come talk with us :) I don't know if you'd have any interest in joining the group (you didn't actually say) but if you do we'd be more than happy to have you! Demisexuality is certainly an interesting addition to our special collection of uniqueness!

The only thing I disagree with is that sex should be used mainly for procreation - but that comes more out of our differences of lifestyle than anything else. I certainly see how you would feel that way with your limited libido and desire for a family, but I'm quite a flirty person who uses sexuality (not sex, sexuality) just to communicate - as I'm sure people have seen lol. That's not to say that sexuality is all I am, but I generally use it, even just in jokes, to try to talk to people. Which makes it hard for me to view sex as something designed just for procreation. To me, sex is an incredibly important part of the human experience that it means more to me than just the act and how it 'feels good' - though it certainly does!

That, combined with the fact that I hate kids and think creation of new ones should be restricted where possible means that that's something that we will probably never agree upon :P.

Anyway, thanks so much for posting and welcome if you wish to join us!

Last edited:
Years

The first three people I came out to asked me: "Does that mean you're bisexual?" "Does that make you a lesbian?" and "So you like guys now?" Now, I didn't go into a whole lot of detail when I did come out so I don't think of any of these responses as particularly ignorant or funny by themselves, just that three different people had three different assumptions. It reminded me how much we rely on labels to understand people who are different and how much I wish I didn't need to use words like 'transgendered' 'bisexual' 'demisexual' or any other when I want to talk to someone. I tried to go into explain myself as best I could but I could tell it was not sinking in with some of them, at least not very deeply.

Demisexuals are not choosing to abstain; they simply lack sexual attraction until a close relationship is formed.'

I came across that word pretty recently, too, and liked how it, kinda, helps legitimize people who have this kind of sexuality in the minds of other people. Though, like I said, I wish we didn't need to have labels and we could just be accepted and respected for who we were regardless.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Some girl in high school asked a homo guy if he wants to be her shopping buddy. She was looking for tge stereotypical "gay BFF". The dude would rather play sports or help his dad fix cars, though.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Back in the eighth grade when I thought I was bisexual and wasn't open about it, I had this conversation in my Social Studies (Seriously, does the word History mean "Serial Cat Murderer" before High School?) class:

"Are you gay?" said Lizzy.

"No," I said slightly defensively but otherwise triumphantly because I doubted they knew the term "bisexual."

"So, are you bisexual?" Lizzy said as follow up.

"No," I said as I thought I was lying. Crap, didn't see that coming.

"So.... are you attracted to people?"

"What?! Yes!"

And thus we learn that kids are stupid and think that you must melodramatically display your affections towards someone to not be into bestiality.

Although I do quite like the muscle-bound burly furries.

----

Another occasion was when my friend Emilie's boyfriend (at the time) tried to call me her "gay friend," after she told him via text to quick him freaking out over me and her dancing together at a Halloween party.

*We sit down at table, both of us next to Emilie*

"Hey, is that is that your gay friend?" He said.

"Ha, which one?" she replied.

Boy do I love that girl.

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
Well since there were so many entertaining answers to my last question, I want to ask another one.

If you could take a pill everyday that made you heterosexual would you take it?

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
lolno

If I could become straight, I'd do it. I have no attachments to my sexuality, and it would make life easier.

That said, I hate taking pills, and that's just so artificial, I don't see how anyone would be able to accept it, regardless of how it would make them feel.

Back