• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Slate Version

What do you think of this game?

• Brilliant

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Good

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Could be better

Votes: 6 40.0%
  • Not very good

Votes: 3 20.0%

• Total voters

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Esai said:
It is true actually because when i tested the better the title screen was pokemon shadows and so was the intro (had this space between hi that pokemon shadows did)
And it still has the Pokemon Shadow title screen in the Title folder, as well as PKMN310's credit's picture in the Picture folder.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Copyright infringement...I'm pretty sure the game is ?2004 pkm310... :P how is cigarettes gonna escape this one?

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
actually as the games arnt official they arnt officialy copyright and u cant sue or anything

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
Years
Due to the accusations i am removing the demo and am currently putting the new cbs into the game

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Well, you can't copyright a hack rom, umbreon ^^;
I can't say whether the games are incredibly similar or not, but please keep accusations to PM, and if substantial evidence comes up and can be proved to higher staff then the thread will be closed unless permission was asked for by the maker of the original hack.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
DF dadragonz said:
Well, you can't copyright a hack rom, umbreon ^^;
I can't say whether the games are incredibly similar or not, but please keep accusations to PM, and if substantial evidence comes up and can be proved to higher staff then the thread will be closed unless permission was asked for by the maker of the original hack.
It isn't a hack. It is a custom programmed game using an rpg engine. I think substantial evidence has been proven, however nobody knows if pkmn310 gave permission for his game to be used, although I do doubt that he would have.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
well, if the pokemon shadow files are still in the title folder, well then it is Pokemon shadows....

I don't know who to believe since Cig. told me on MSN he didn't rip off Pokemon shadow....

Years
Although he might have ripped off Pokemon Shadow I don't see why he should be punished, after all the battle system and various resources for the Pokemon games were intended for public use, despite who made them or not.
However I do think proper credit should have been given to the respective creator(s).

Sinmora

Rm2k Pro Coder
Years
So whats going on is what Cig stole the battle system itslef or just the resources...if its the resources avatars right...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
Cig just used an unfinished program changed the events and crap OMG O.o this is lazy

Years
Alright well since I designed that version of the battle system I think I should have a word or two.. The battle system is for public use and if cigarettes did use it (regardless of resources) then you don't really have the right to put him on trial.. I designed the battle system for people to share their knowledge of coding and help make it better, pkmn310 only modified a small amount of coding from the battle system to look like trainer battles which have been put in standard now anyway. This does not make the battle system his now. Unless he designed his own or only used concepts from the battle system then it is still available for public use.. I don't think it is really fair to take things from other people's games but the battle system is public remember, so cigarettes didn't really do anything wrong unless he was using some of pkmn310's coding, maps, pictures, chipsets etc. which he probably was.

I don't know why everyone is getting so worked up over this.. Once everyone finds out that his battle system is a clone to pkmn310's and he hasn't done anything to it then nobody will want to play his game anyway. Originality is what separates the good from the bad in the gaming world. But you all already knew that anyway :)

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
As Krazy said, releasing a demo means that you will have to share your rescources in some way another. It's the same thing as us using ripped graphics from the actual pokemon games. Now let's get back on topic and end this event.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
I'm glad you put the demo back, i was surprised you took it down....
Well as a matter of fact- i'm playing the game as i type this, so far its good!

EDIT: only major problem i noticed was that when you enter the 3rd house on the right (from your own house)- and then exit that house- you end up half way down the map lol.

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I got so many reports from this thread, and this is the first time I'm looking at this thread.

Treat the CBS as Open-Source, like Linux. There's KM's work, like the Linux kernel. Then there are the different versions that people make and contribute the community, like Mandrake Linux. The creator of Mandrake made Mandrake, but it's still Linux, and it's still Open-Source.

Also, none of these graphics that people are using are their own intellectual property. You can claim derivitive work, but not direct rips. And ALL published works are instantly copyrighted. If you wish to register your copyright with the US government (if you're a US citizen) for a small price, you would have a case in court.

http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-general.html#mywork :
When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.

Do I have to register with your office to be protected?
No. In general, registration is voluntary. Copyright exists from the moment the work is created. You will have to register, however, if you wish to bring a lawsuit for infringement of a U.S. work. See Circular 1, Copyright Basics, section ?Copyright Registration.?
Okay, now commence with yer on topic discussions :)

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
Years
Yay make lightning yellow copyright it and if nintendo makes it take them to court sorry for off topicness

Years
As a beta tester I am simply giving my opinions on fixing the game.

Glitches - When you enter the third house and then exit you are all of sudden half way down the map, as stated above, Im not sure if thats suppose to happen?

Places to fix - The Day and night system is way to fast in my opinion (that is if you have installed the day night system right now)
The Custom Battle System is a little slow in my opinion and I think you should add a little more excitement to it.
And I do not think that in your maps your are using all the space that is givin to you, either make the maps smaller, or add more to the maps.
- - - The game overall is very fun to play and I hope get more done.

That is only my opinion as a beta tester and I hope this helps you make a better game.

cigarettes

Pokemon Slate Creator
Years
Title Screen

Just a quick post
i have made a new Title Screen
PokemonSlate.png

Cigarettes

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
I like the background on that title screen, but the font seems a little too plain. Why not jazz it up a little?

Back