• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Is this the right place to ask a question about electric circuits?
You could have asked me this via PM, but it also depends on the context of what you want to talk about with electric circuits.

I'm thinking of going big finally. A 15" laptop does sound pretty good to me, especially when it also has a 1080p screen.
I always go with the middle size of laptops (in which most laptops are mostly 13", 15", or 17".. I think 13" is just too small while 17" isn't all that portable, so 15" is perfect for me in terms of size and portability.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm just kind of concerned that the VAIO Fit 15E come in only one configuration where I live - expensive starting price.

Years
One thing that seems to kill me with choosing a laptop is that there are so many to choose from these days.. and it really sucks that all the good laptops I want to have are all out of my price range, too.

The ideal laptop for me right now would probably be one with 8GB RAM, at least 1GB VRAM, and probably an i5 processor, and a resolution that's above 1366x768. I just can't seem to find a laptop with those specs, though, that's between $500 and $600.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If I had to drop something, I'd gladly chop the installed RAM and resolution.

Video RAM is not important these days. You can't exactly get not enough of them these days.

Years
My current laptop has 4GB for now, but it seems that I may need to have more than that...unless it's the processor that isn't cutting it, because 4GB does fine on my desktop. On my laptop I just have a normal Intel Pentium with a dual core.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hmm... great, I hate region-specific models. Do I have to bounce between two country sites to get all laptops?

Either way, I'm seriously considering going all premium and go for some sort of gaming monster, but they tend to be expensive and gaudy.

On the other hand, so says the owner of a Razer Orochi.

Years
Wow, the Razer Orochi looks like a badass mouse.. but there would be no way that I pay $70 for a computer mouse at all, if you ask me..

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Wow, the Razer Orochi looks like a badass mouse.. but there would be no way that I pay $70 for a computer mouse at all, if you ask me..

GUESS WHO GOT THEIR SNES WORKING TODAY

$70 is more than I can gather in a month, so nope :p

Shame about the ergonomics of most Bluetooth mice.

I think my eyes really hate the way the screen protector makes the Surface RT's screen look like it is grainy... I think I managed to waste ten bucks.

Last edited:
Years
I wish Bluetooth was available on my non-portable devices (including my laptops).. that way I could transfer files between my Nexus to my computer without the need of a USB connection.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Sometimes, I forget that Bluetooth even exists. xD It's a very advanced feature, and I know that I have it in my phone, but I never use it. If I ever want to connect my phone to the computer, I just take out the USB cable and do it the old-fashioned way. I've never really owned much things that utilize Bluetooth, either, such as a wireless keyboard or mouse.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Hehe, I'm used to Bluetooth being around. It's been there in basically every but the most basic of phones - I actually got into fooling around with Bluetooth stuff with a Nokia 6230 way back. I expect to be able to use Bluetooth well in most portable devices now.

Years
I'm typically always reminded of Bluetooth's existence in that on my tablet there's a shortcut button to have it enabled or disabled. And Bluetooth would be nice to have if the usage of it in iOS wasn't so limited.. a lot of my friends from last school year had Android phones and they used Bluetooth functionality to transfer pictures around, while in iOS you aren't able to use Bluetooth for that function.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Bluetooth was a hit for us here cos we were able to transfer songs/gifs/pictures from our phones to others'. I still remember the bluetooth 'parties' I had with my class during excursions.

Haven't be using it recently due to this iPhone boom happening here (I am not using a iPhone, but most of my friends are) and also the lack of taking pictures. Anyway, nobody uses bluetooth to transfer pictures, they are now using Whatsapp via 3G/WiFi to transfer pictures now.

I never used bluetooth to transfer things from a device to my PC because I find it too unreliable and slow. Always used the good old USB cable because its reliable, fast and I just feel safe using it.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I really like the simplicity of using a wire to transfer data these days. I kind of miss syncing my phone at this point - it's unable to sync for over a week since there is no real PC around right now.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
Years
I don't have bluetooth, but I used to have an earpiece that was bluetooth. I loved using it 'cause my phone was a POS and the earpiece looked really sleek and nice.

For file transfers I just use AirDroid, since my sister took my USB phone charger and gave me her Kindle charger, under some guise that her's "didn't work". Now I have to ask her to borrow the charger, and my computer doesn't ever want to recognize the drivers, so just screw it.

Years
I really could use a longer-legnth USB cable to use with my Nexus 7, that's for sure.. but too bad it's the only mini USB cable in my house, and I'm not really in the mood to go blowing money on a USB cable. :p

For file transfers I just use AirDroid, since my sister took my USB phone charger and gave me her Kindle charger, under some guise that her's "didn't work". Now I have to ask her to borrow the charger, and my computer doesn't ever want to recognize the drivers, so just screw it.
Out of curiosity, is this a Kindle Fire we're talking about or an OG Kindle? I'm not sure what interface they use but I'm sure your sister is better off looking for a new USB cable instead of just "borrowing" yours. Hopefully she finds her own cable soon, though.

Catalyst.

Nothing of significance
Years
I really could use a longer-legnth USB cable to use with my Nexus 7, that's for sure.. but too bad it's the only mini USB cable in my house, and I'm not really in the mood to go blowing money on a USB cable. :p
I had the same problem. Bought a 9FT one off of ebay, they have loads of them sometimes called Micro USB cables. It cost about $3 shipped from Montréal, you could get it much cheaper if you don't mind waiting a few weeks and order from Shanghai or Seoul.

Years
Oops, I meant to say micro >__> sometimes I just get over-confident in what I post I don't even proofread it :P

I'll look around for sure if I can find one.. because a longer cable would certainly help me with being able to use my tablet before going to sleep while lying down in bed

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What are your thoughts on Ubuntu's phone OS, guys?

I personally don't know much about its features or what it can offer that other OS can't, but I really like their interface design. It looks very simple, stylish, and modern. I totally love it. (:

They were planning to make their own smartphone with this OS called Ubuntu Edge, but they had to drop the project since they weren't able to raise enough crowd funding, which is quite sad. I probably wouldn't buy this phone (I already have enough phones for now), but I'm sure other people would. If they had actually released this phone, then it would have been able to take Ubuntu to a whole new level in terms of popularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back