• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you post your fics?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Not really asking you to advertise other sites here, haha. Mainly, I mean to ask: Do you think of PC when you're writing fiction and want a place to post it in? Or do you think about other places first?

It's not a bad guess that for pokémon fanfiction, PC is higher up on the list of places to post it in than for other fanfiction. I've seen some original works here too though. FF&W should be a go-to place for pokémon fanfiction :3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Most stuff I write I post when it's finished, and vast majority of that ends up on PC. It also ends up on sppf and fanfiction.net. Sometimes things end up on a couple other sites (dA, AO3) but I post there far less consistently.

Exceptions are webzine articles which go... to the webzine, and that only.

Bay

Years
Before I mainly post Pokemon stuff on Serebii, PC, and a few other Pokemon forums. I then started writing for other fandoms in various sites. I used to post my FMA and Homestuck stories over at LJ, but then many people left the site so I don't really post there anymore except over at one LJ community. Now I post at FFnet, O3, and Tumblr.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I don't really like posting them here because they don't get much attention. :c
That's such a pity ;; Wish there was a way to work on that.

Homestuck stories
Cool, I never quite read Homestuck fanfiction. Perhaps I feel like canon is so shippy and fanfiction-like already haha.

Myself, I don't post my original work anywhere really... Yet. If I write pokémon fanfiction (which I mostly don't since I RP instead I guess?), then it would probably go up here. Doctor Who fanfiction wouldn't get as much response here so that goes on ffnet :3

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I post my stories on Mibba. I don't really like posting them here because they don't get much attention. :c
That's such a pity ;; Wish there was a way to work on that.
There is, actually (and this isn't meant to be targeted at anyone specifically, mind) - reviewing other people's fics. If you are consistently active within a section, other members that frequent it will notice you more, and be more inclined to check out your story as a result (particularly if you say include a link or banner about your fic in your forum signature). If one just posts their fic and doesn't even at least join in discussions like these, then it's not at all surprising to get less reviews than others who do. But people are going to be at least inclined to look at your fic if you took time out to read and respond to theirs.

(And by reviewing as well, you add to the activity for the section. Positive feedback effect, etc).
Myself, I don't post my original work anywhere really... Yet. If I write pokémon fanfiction (which I mostly don't since I RP instead I guess?), then it would probably go up here. Doctor Who fanfiction wouldn't get as much response here so that goes on ffnet :3
Generally that is true, but doesn't always hold, and if I write non-Pokemon stuff I'll be posting it here. Some years ago I wrote a short Ace Attorney one-shot and put it up here. It comfortably got more responses than some of my Pokemon fics posted here (or other Pokemon sites), including chapter fics. Sometimes it's hard to tell whether something gets such a range of responses or why, so I figure if I post it, worst that happens is no responses, and if I don't post it it'll surely not get any.

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
I usually post in Serebii and ff.net, then sometimes here, sometimes in Bulbagarden, and that's about it in what regards to English-speaking forums.

Personally I'd publish more stuff here given that Pokécommunity offers far better presentation tools and niceties than most other sites (actual section headers, CSS, tables...), so I guess I have to get to work on that. And I use ff.net mostly because I can just upload the documents right from my machine and publish quickly after only minor formatting fixes.

Years
I mainly post on Fanfiction.net, but I'm more consistent with adding chapters over here for some reason.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
It's very rare for me to share a story outside of my circle of irl friends. However those that do that make it outside of my friends (or ones I don't share with them) I post here and there. (Fanfiction.net, AO3, Pokebeach, PC.) These tends to be rough drafts I need someone to destroy or finished one shots. (I haven't written a long narrative in a while.)

Psychic

Really and truly
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2018
My primary spot is Serebii, in part because I've been there the longest. I've posted some one-shots here over the years, as well as LiveJournal back when that was still a thing. Now I'm also sticking my fics onto Tumblr, and I posted my latest fic on Pokebeach, but their writing section seems pretty quiet. I really should have made a FF.net account years ago, but meh. :P

~Psychic

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
Years
  • Age 39
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
I mainly post in FFnet, more frequently than here and Serebii. I've actually developed an update schedule for FFnet. I should really adapt one for the forums so I can stay on track!

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
My primary spot is Serebii […] Now I'm also sticking my fics onto Tumblr.
Oh? Mind to comment on how does that work? Like, for publishing, indexing and or categorization. Tumblr is structured like a blog if I understand, right?

And I do see AO3 gets some good mentions so perhaps I should get to work on a profile on that...

Bay

Years
Oh? Mind to comment on how does that work? Like, for publishing, indexing and or categorization. Tumblr is structured like a blog if I understand, right?

And I do see AO3 gets some good mentions so perhaps I should get to work on a profile on that...

For Tumblr, yeah it's structured like a blog. What most people do is a lot of times for organizing they'll tag their fics (like "fic post", "pokemon fanfic", etc) and then there's a masterlist link somewhere in their blog. As for commenting/reviewing, doing so on Tumblr is a bit hard as the site goes for more "reblog" style. There used to be a replies feature, but the site took that down long ago. If you want to comment, you can usually either reblog and then write a post or PM the author themselves. Hope this makes sense, haha,

Back