• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
Well, I didn't get any bug/glitch on S.S.Anne. For now the only things I found out were not being able to run (running shoes) in the Squirtle Squad episode and on the Pokemon Island episode (the one after the S.S.Anne), Tentacruel's cry is Unown's or something.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Well, I didn't get any bug/glitch on S.S.Anne. For now the only things I found out were not being able to run (running shoes) in the Squirtle Squad episode and on the Pokemon Island episode (the one after the S.S.Anne), Tentacruel's cry is Unown's or something.

Giant Tentacruel and giant Onix have Unowns cry because I used empty Pokemon slots to create more powerful versions of them - unfortunately, there's no way to repoint the cries of those extra slots.

Here's a link to an updated beta. St. Anne bug should be fixed, spelling errors as well:

Pokemon AshGray 3.01

^ As I said in an earlier post, I couldn't replicate the turning Pokemon to egg error. I've had that happen to me with older versions of those scripts, though, but I haven't gotten those errors with the current scripts.

If you come across that error in the Mewtwo Strikes Back event and/or Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden event, please post and report as many details (including full Pokemon party used and order if possible) so that I can try to replicate those circumstances. Also, try patching a different rom and see what happens.

Thanks again for the bug reports.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
That explains it. Also, how do I release my Butterfree? It says I need something to attract the other Butterfree and I bought a Blue Scarf and gave it to Butterfree thinking it would help but I still can't release it!

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
That explains it. Also, how do I release my Butterfree? It says I need something to attract the other Butterfree and I bought a Blue Scarf and gave it to Butterfree thinking it would help but I still can't release it!

Buy a yellow scarf and attach it - same color it wears in the anime.

EP21199.jpg

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
For the Mewtwo episode, my team consists of Pikachu, Bulba, Squirt, Pidgeot, Snorlax and Tauros. No matter who I have or don't have I get SIX eggs.

Editing the map to get past that, talking to Nurse Joy in NewIsland 1.49 causes the egg glitch to happen

Also the Wartortle episode is broken, but not game breaking fortunately. Yes I had squirtle in the party.

Also could you answer my question on Team Rocket? Would you make more of their appearances double battles, to simulate the anime?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2015
Can we patch the 3.01 over the 3.0 and continue the game or do we have to start from the beggining?

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
Can we patch the 3.01 over the 3.0 and continue the game or do we have to start from the beggining?

It seems the new patch only corrects warping in the St Anne. I would patch over a new rom instead of your current one to avoid anything crazy.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I have a request for those having their Pokemon turned into eggs. I'm uploading an ips and a save file. If you could download both files:

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/251039/PokemonAshGrayTest3.0.ips

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/251034/PokemonAshGrayTest3.0.sav

Go forward and battle Misty, then go talk to the Ash sprite I put in to warp to Old Shore Wharf after giving Togepi to her. Talk to Jenny then go to the water and use the raft. If you could, let me know if your Pokemon turn into eggs or not.

I'd appreciate anyone who would take the time to test this for me.

(Also, updated download link so Misty battle script is updated - anybody who downloads from now on, let me know if you have trouble with Bulbasaur's Garden/Mewtwo Strikes Back and their Pokemon turning to eggs.)

Last edited:

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
I have a request for those having their Pokemon turned into eggs. I'm uploading an ips and a save file. If you could download both files:

Go forward and battle Misty, then go talk to the Ash sprite I put in to warp to Old Shore Wharf after giving Togepi to her. Talk to Jenny then go to the water and use the raft. If you could, let me know if your Pokemon turn into eggs or not.

I'd appreciate anyone who would take the time to test this for me.

(Also, updated download link so Misty battle script is updated - anybody who downloads from now on, let me know if you have trouble with Bulbasaur's Garden/Mewtwo Strikes Back and their Pokemon turning to eggs.)

It all worked fine. I'm underwater with no eggs!

EDIT: Need the pass from Dragonite to get on the island!

EDIT2: You can walk over and get it. I'm inside. My pokemon came out out the balls. No mysterious egg turning.

Last edited:

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
It all worked fine. I'm underwater with no eggs!

EDIT: Need the pass from Dragonite to get on the island!

EDIT2: You can walk over and get it. I'm inside. My pokemon came out out the balls. No mysterious egg turning.

Awesome! Thanks for testing! :)

I think it was a problem with the Misty/Togepi script that was causing the problems. Hopefully that resolves it.

Anyone who plays the current beta, please let me know if you come across these glitches or not. Thanks.

waiting4b6

Bursting Fire creator
Years
I've been playing 3.0 on my android using gameboid and i've found some bugs or problems. First of all i did not start a new game i continued from my old one as it's my second time already playing the game (first time i missed some events because i evolved my bulbusaur, etc). The bugs are:
1. In battle of the badge i lost to jessie and james with the machamp, etc multiple times. However when i bet the machamp team and lost to their actual team and went to verse them again, the emulator shut down. I will later test this with the same save on the computer.
2. Just a simple movement permission error: West of cerulean city when i was heading back to mt. moon there is a random '1' which doesn't affect anything else just thought i'd post it. (Only found this because it took me a minute to realise i had to use the raft to get back to mt. moon).
3. This third thing might be a little hard to explain.... here goes:
after beating blastoise i headed north and i noticed a path behind the volcano i followed it to a sacred ash (which btw has no item summary or give/use selection). Then i 'rafted' north and battled a trainer. I then went back to heal my pokemon and there was a random line of water tiles going through the volcano and into the ocean. When i came back from the pkmn center the line of water tiles were gone and it went back to normal.
4. This is probably intentional of you to have, but i noticed gary is still at the fossil place talking to the scientist even after meeting him later on.

Anyway i will let you know if that first bug carries over to the computer shortly.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I've been playing 3.0 on my android using gameboid and i've found some bugs or problems. First of all i did not start a new game i continued from my old one as it's my second time already playing the game (first time i missed some events because i evolved my bulbusaur, etc). The bugs are:
1. In battle of the badge i lost to jessie and james with the machamp, etc multiple times. However when i bet the machamp team and lost to their actual team and went to verse them again, the emulator shut down. I will later test this with the same save on the computer.
2. Just a simple movement permission error: West of cerulean city when i was heading back to mt. moon there is a random '1' which doesn't affect anything else just thought i'd post it. (Only found this because it took me a minute to realise i had to use the raft to get back to mt. moon).
3. This third thing might be a little hard to explain.... here goes:
after beating blastoise i headed north and i noticed a path behind the volcano i followed it to a sacred ash (which btw has no item summary or give/use selection). Then i 'rafted' north and battled a trainer. I then went back to heal my pokemon and there was a random line of water tiles going through the volcano and into the ocean. When i came back from the pkmn center the line of water tiles were gone and it went back to normal.
4. This is probably intentional of you to have, but i noticed gary is still at the fossil place talking to the scientist even after meeting him later on.

Anyway i will let you know if that first bug carries over to the computer shortly.

Thank you for the bug report. :) I'll look into fixing them tomorrow.

waiting4b6

Bursting Fire creator
Years
Thank you for the bug report. :) I'll look into fixing them tomorrow.

Awesome glad to help. I just checked if that battle of the badge bug carried over to visual boy advance and yes it does. But instead of exiting the emulator like it did on my android it just froze, but the sound continued to play. I guess for now i'll just have to level up by versing someone else and then take them on without having to encounter the bug.

redwolf915

Trainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
I've never had any problems in Bulbasaur's garden. Is there anything specific to look for?

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2022
Is the 3.1 is the official beta that has bug fix or the one that you uploaded in File hosting??

Download the Link that says Beta 3.1 which has fixed several dialogue issue's and the S.S. Anne problem. For anyone wishing to help with with Beta testing the eggs issue in the Mewtwo Episode and Bulbasaurs Mysterious Garden download the File Hosting Links and play through and report any bugs you come across.

Last edited:
Back