• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Yet another map viewer

locoroco

Ginga Densetsu Weed ANIME PWNS
Years
cool so it means that we will soon have a editor i still think that editing 3d is definately not goingt to be like a-map but i still want to see it progress hope u finish it wish you best of luck and well i hope you finish it XD.

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Hope dies last!

I decided to give this project a second chance. Let's celebrate this with HGSS-compatibility!

Last edited:

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Now I feel like Pokemon Yellow just came out and I'm going to buy it from Wal-Mart!
JK! Wow, that does look awesome! Maybe you should like get an award or something?

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
Oh. And one more thing. I fixed the scaling problem. Thank you mewthree.

Last edited:

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
knizz said:
Do you know another way to map the materials of a map to the materials of a btx-file without comparing the name?
smurph717 said:
yeah i found out how to do that, it required some disassembly but it turns out that data is actually lz77 compressed in the arm9.bin file somewhere
knizz said:
Is this data "repointable"?
smurph717 said:
unfortunately the data isn't repointable, it's decompressed into static memory that's present for the entire game (the data is loaded even before the intro/title screen) and the address is hard coded into the game in multiple areas. i can tell you where its loaded in memory while running and i can tell you how to edit the data, recompress it, and replace it in the arm9.bin file though.

I guess this program will stay a viewer forever.

knizz

Years
  • Seen Oct 28, 2020
I removed the first 20 bytes from the wb files to get the bmd files. So yeah... I made the tool in 5 minutes

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
Years
What the heck did you do to that house?! It looks like Team rocket got ahold of it!
Seriously, this looks amazing! Only...
1. Can you edit the Distortion World?
2. How do edit maps in a D/P/Pl/HG/SS rom?
3. What in the world is that star-shaped thing in the first attached thumbnail?
My apologies for all of my questions. I know nothing about editing ANYTHING in 3D... :o (Again, I'm sorry.)

Back