• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Shimmering Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Pokémon Shimmering Emerald
Developed by Crazyninjaguy

~ Introduction ~

Hey! I'm Crazyninjaguy, and this is my game, Pokémon Shimmering Emerald!
It's been a long while since i've worked on a Pokémon Game, the last attempt was Pokemon Almodine using Poccil's Pokemon Essentials.

I stopped development on Almodine because i felt it would benefit me more if i scripted everything from the ground up, completely from scratch. So i set about doing that, and decided to share my learning experiences by the way of releasing it as a StarterKit, which you can find in the main Game Development forum. Please don't ask questions about the kit in this thread, this is solely for my game.

I decided to do a remake of Pokémon Emerald simply because i love Hoenn. The way the region feels is different to any other Pokémon game, and gives the player a better experience.

So to further my learning, i'm making this game using my StarterKit in RPG Maker XP.

~ Story ~

Well i'm not too sure what to write in here, the game will follow the plot of Pokémon Emerald, but with quite a few deviations from the main story.

More information on that soon.

~ Team ~

Crazyninjaguy - Scripter, Mapper, Eventer, (Occasional) Spriter
Bzuma - Spriter
Camaniac - Spriter
thepsynergist - Music

~ Screenshots ~

They're what everyone skips to right? Well here you go.
Please bear in mind i started this game 2 days ago, so the variety isn't large.

my_new_project_by_crazyninjaguy-d3c56qu.png
small_update_by_crazyninjaguy-d3c5vvr.png
pokenav_by_crazyninjaguy-d3c7qix.png
oldale_town_by_crazyninjaguy-d3cbe2g.png

~ Recruitment ~

Currently recruiting overworld spriters!

Please apply via PM with a sample of your work!

~ Credits ~

Myself - StarterKit (Not sure i needed to credit myself, but at least i won't get flamed by people saying, "You didn't credit Poccil!")
PrinceLegendario - Tiles
Kyledove/Kymotonian - Characters
carnyzzle - Music
Lightumbreon - Music
Aamelo - Littleroot Town Inspiration
Bzuma - Sprite Editing
Carmaniac - Sprite Editing
thepsynergist - Music

Last edited:
Years
been looking forward for this! finally up yay, goodluck with it all!
Oh, and also Hoen is by far my favorite region, i was in love in Emerald,Ruby and Sapphire!

Years
Thanks for the support! :D

Just a quick feature update really, when you hover over a menu option, it describes what it is.
Helps if you don't understand the icons :3

small_update_by_crazyninjaguy-d3c5vvr.png

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
The screenshots look really good. I think the layout and look of the dual-screen is one of the best I've seen. My only critisicm is the tilesets you're using feel really out of date and I feel they let down what is a really promising project! Keep up the good work :)

Years
The screenshots look really good. I think the layout and look of the dual-screen is one of the best I've seen. My only critisicm is the tilesets you're using feel really out of date and I feel they let down what is a really promising project! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks! ^_^
I personally like the tilesets, but i realise they're not complete, so that's why i'm hiring a Tiler. Hopefully i can find someone!

Like I said earlier, this is looks lovely! I'm loving the layout you've got going on, and keep up the good work!

Thankies :3

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
I always watch your work ,as well as Luka, and I have to say the tiles can't be out of date.I mean what games have been FINISHED with 4th generation tiles ,or even custom ones?Not very many.I find it that games that use up to date tiles never get completed ,and the artists move on to the next generation but never complete a game using the last one.So I feel that by using tiles like these,you are bound to end up completing a game,no matter what the graphics are.And they do look awesome.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
Lookin' good! I guess I have some competition! ^_^

Years
I think you have more than some competition xD, you're going against the gods of scripting :P mixed with the rather talented spriters.

Lol, ye, give this game some time and i reckon it will be the new big thing, because even though garnet and blue chrome are very unique games, what lacks are the updates..

Years
Lookin' good! I guess I have some competition! ^_^

Competition makes developers work harder, so it should be good!

I think you have more than some competition xD, you're going against the gods of scripting :P mixed with the rather talented spriters.

I'd hardly call myself a god of scripting lol :L

Lol, ye, give this game some time and i reckon it will be the new big thing, because even though garnet and blue chrome are very unique games, what lacks are the updates..

Thanks, that means a lot!
I'll try to update as frequently as i can ^___^

Years
pokenav_by_crazyninjaguy-d3c7qix.png

This is my take on the Pokenav, somewhat inspired by the Poketch from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum.

You can switch between it and the main by clicking a button.
As with the Poketch, it'll have apps that you can collect as i really liked that feature.

Hoenn map is temporary until i can find someone willing to sprite me one!

Years
I have a question:

Is this going to be a COMPLETE remake of Emerald, or is going to have some changes?

If so I'd like to help on making some of the storyline.

"Well i'm not too sure what to write in here, the game will follow the plot of Pokémon Emerald, but with quite a few deviations from the main story."

Sure thing, do you have MSN?

Finally, this site will know my music :D

Yup!
As soon as i can record video again, the world will know! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back