• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
If Celebi gets a Mega Evo I really hope they change it to Fairy/Grass. I wouldn't call that list confirmed yet.

Years
Spoiler:

Agree, it does just look like fur tufts on its chest. And the concept are captures the anatomy very well. Though, the face in the concept art does match the image at all.
The nose is larger and solid black while the snout is longer and more prominent in the image. Also, The eyes are missing. It's pretty clear their is a white of an eye behind the fur line.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
this list is great, wouldn't mind it at all!
I agree...however I sort of hope it's not all of them yet as I'll like for Mew, Jiranchi, Victini, and Manaphy to get MegaEvolutions. Oh and Maybe Shaymin...

I hope that MegaWobbufet if it comes true shows us what power it's hiding in it's tail...

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
Years
I'm liking most of the list, but I feel like Seviper should get a Mega-Evo if Zangoose does.

A lot of my party members are on that list too, which I'm happy about. (Xatu (HECK YES), Gardevoir, Scrafty...)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 15, 2014
Where's Dunsparce on this picture?I think that Dunsparce really need a mega-evolution.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I'm liking gen 1, 4's and 2's roster of megas a LOT, but I'm not liking 3's. Gardevoir and Gallade getting a mega is weird, and why is Zangoose getting a mega but the superior Seviper isn't? Aside from the obvious choices (starters, Salamence and Metagross), the only ones from the gen 3 list that I like are Tropius and Aggron. >_> They just HAD to put all the Pokemon I actually don't like from that gen (indifferent about Sableye), leaving great ones like Hariyama, Ludicolo, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Wailord, Pelipper, etc that could have benefit from it. Couldn't care less about Gen considering how awful that gen was in terms of design but at least they chose some great ones. (Scrafty, Cofagrigus and Boufallant or whatever.)

Also, Pinsir left in the dust while Heracross and Scizor get one when they don't need it.. :/

Still, excited for Exeggutor, Sudowoodo, Donphan, Xatu, Wobba (back to uber with you lol), Drifblim, etc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm liking gen 1, 4's and 2's roster of megas a LOT, but I'm not liking 3's. Gardevoir and Gallade getting a mega is weird, and why is Zangoose getting a mega but the superior Seviper isn't? Aside from the obvious choices (starters, Salamence and Metagross), the only ones from the gen 3 list that I like are Tropius and Aggron. >_> They just HAD to put all the Pokemon I actually don't like from that gen (indifferent about Sableye), leaving great ones like Hariyama, Ludicolo, Sharpedo, Cacturne, Crawdaunt, Wailord, Pelipper, etc that could have benefit from it. Couldn't care less about Gen considering how awful that gen was in terms of design but at least they chose some great ones. (Scrafty, Cofagrigus and Boufallant or whatever.)

Also, Pinsir left in the dust while Heracross and Scizor get one when they don't need it.. :/

Still, excited for Exeggutor, Sudowoodo, Donphan, Xatu, Wobba (back to uber with you lol), Drifblim, etc.

I hope those aren't the only ones as Seviper should get one too as you said, and those others you've listed, and the ones I listed in a previous post...

btw does anyone know what the text is saying?

Ps: I love all the Hoenn ones on the list.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Where's Dunsparce on this picture?I think that Dunsparce really need a mega-evolution.
Dunsparce, forever ignored since 1999.

Wouldn't mind it at all if that list of Pokémon to get new mega evolutions is confirmed real. A Mega Lapras? Yes, please!

Typhon

'sup
Years
^
Yeah. I think that list would be great! I wouldn't mind at all if the Mega Alakazam is real! xD;

Years
So ... lemme get this straight .... We get a gen 6 starter, a gen 1 starter, another gen 6 starter at the end of the game, Torchic via the Wifi gift at the release date ... plus add to that all the starters you can get from heartgold/soulsilver (which I wonder how one will transfer from the old games to the new without paying for the bank thingies on the internet ...)

I'm gonna think about my team right freakin now :3

Guy

just a guy
Years
Fun how gen 3 and 4 don't have a legendary mega evo but all other gen got one.
Interesting indeed, but it's always possible they could add more in future games and generations. Plus, we still have yet to hear of any confirmation of this list and whether it's complete or not. Although, should it be real, I don't see why they would leave out of any of the other Pokémon who are going to get their own mega evolutions from the poster.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 3, 2017
I hope that list is true, but not complete.
I still want to see Butterfree and Beedrill to get Megaevolutions.
Nidoking and Nidoqueen would also be nice but I REALLY want those two.

As with everyone else, there should be a Seviper evolution if Zangoose got one.

I'm really curious what Celebi would look like.

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Apparently Mewtwo is MAYBE getting a second mega evolution.
Also rumours going around that there will be version-side Mega evolutions.

What do you guys think?

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIfa2k0fBYQ even this showed up, I don't think it is a old video though.

Last edited:
Years
^ There are rumors that that rumor was a misconception, and that mew is getting a mega form.

Anyone can put up some official artwork and a short Japanese phrase at the top. This is no more valid than any other unsubstantiated leaker claim. Now, if mega-evolution pictures were posted, it would be different.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Another thing worth noticing is that Pinsir isn't getting a Mega Evolution from that list whereas his counterpart, Heracross, does, making Pinsir even more obsolete.

blue

gucci
Years
Pinsir isn't at all a bad Pokémon, just when compared to Heracross or other similar Pokémon it can be a little outclassed. I wouldn't say a Pinsir Mega Evolution is off the cards but I like Pinsir how it is and I think they could go a little overboard with a Mega Evolution.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
1240335_570428053021846_1731047096_n.jpg

It is said that these Pokemon will get Mega Evo.

I wonder how Scizor would look if it gets a MegaEvolution. Scizor is kind of a slow Pokémon, so when it transforms into its Mega form, I'm guessing its Speed stat will gain some sort of a boost. Its defensive stats are not that great either, so they could gain a boost, too, possibly. (: I'm also looking forward to Garchomp's MegaEvolution, since it's one of my favorite dragon-types. I'm not exactly sure if its Mega form will be banned or not, but I have a feeling that it will since Garchomp is already quite overpowered.

Back