• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Umm... OK

Back to bubble bursting...This is not my follow me script I have one it just isn't posted.

That was actually just a test to see if I could move during a script.

Ok so you can't move during PAUSE but is there any other time you can move.

Not sure if it's special or ASM but the safari zone seems to know how to do this. (I have decompiled the safari zone completely in XSE, all level scripts, tiles, people etc.)
What are you talking about?
You can move during any script except ones that force you to stop moving, or applymovements...
The safari Zone isn't a script, it is a change in game play, it is COMPLETELY different.
It isn't usually reccomended to let the player have control while a script is running, but is easy, just don't include a lock at the beginning of the script...

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Unfortunately, no, there is no special or flag that activates the national pokedex in Ruby Version.
Instead of adding those 4 lines to another script, just make your own script, it isn't that hard, here I'll give you one to use.

Spoiler:

Yes, I know the lock/release aren't needed, but it is a good idea to include them in Every script you make aside from a level script that might not need it.

Now, to add this into your ROM is simple.
There are 2 ways of doing this, I'll tell you one, the other, you should read the guide that comes with XSE (If you are using it, if so, open XSE and press F2)

To insert this, open up XSE, and click "File" then click "Open"

Once you have the open file prompt opened up, switch the file type to GBA, and open your game up.
Your ROM is now loaded.
Now copy/paste the script I gave you into XSE, and hit the COMPILE button. (The button that kinda looks like 2 gears, it isn't that hard to miss...)

You should now see a new window pop-up, this is the compiler log.
At the bottom of it, in a spot called "Dynamic Offsets" it should show you a list of offsets, and a list of offset names.
(If you are working off of a clean ROM, you should see:

@start 800000
@exit 800025)

Now, click on @start, and hit the COPY button next to it.

At this point, you will want to open up A-Map, and go to Birch's lab (Where he gives you the Pokedex...)
You are going to want to switch to the "Events" tab, and increase the number of scripts by 1. (Unless the exit of his lab takes up more spots)

Move the script events that were added in front of the warp spots on the door.
Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively.

In the "Script Offset" field, put in the offset that the compiler showed you.
No just move the script(s) on top of the "warp" tiles, aaaannnnddd...
Congrats, you have successfully inserted that script.
Now, after Birch gives you the Pokedex, just walk out of the lab and you will have the National Pokedex!

Remember, don't rely so much on other people's help, try to do things on your own, and I must insist...

READ THE GUIDE THAT COMES WITH XSE
Have a nice day.

Set both of their Var Num/ Unknown to 4050 and 0003 respectively

Sorry man can u tell me what i did wrong Its still regional dex.
Steps i followed after opening a map
1)increase no of events to 1 and save changes
2)change the value of offset var num & unknown(even tried changing both unknowns) didnt change var value of the script
3)make the position x y same as that of wrap point
save the changes

I didnt get what u meant by it maybe this is the mistake

capture5.png

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Okay Im trying to Make a hack.I have been learning how to script and I dont know how to use all the elements of the scripts......Okay Im trying to make a battle script,really,and im using a-trainer a-map and XSE.....I need someone to tell me step by step how to put a new trainer int the game.I cna make the script but i dont know what to do after that...

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
well i have some pictures of certain buidlings i would like to add to my hack but how would i do it to insert it and make it so i can use them in my maps

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
How do I change the names of the different Trainer classes (e.g. change "TEAM MAGMA" to "TEAM UMBRA")?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
It isn't usually reccomended to let the player have control while a script is running, but is easy, just don't include a lock at the beginning of the script...

'lock' only prevents the person event that the player is talking to from moving (and similarly 'lockall' prevents all NPCs on the map from moving). It has nothing to do with the player.

I got a question...

In Baro's hack, Pokemon Marble I've seen an "infinite stairs" script.
Anyone care to lighten me up?

I haven't played much of Marble but I remember a long time ago I saw someone asking about this and I believe that the answer was that Baro set the connection at the top of the map so that it linked to the same map but at the southern entrance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 20, 2010
I haven't played much of Marble but I remember a long time ago I saw someone asking about this and I believe that the answer was that Baro set the connection at the top of the map so that it linked to the same map but at the southern entrance.

But how did he make it so that the staircase is no longer infinite when you get a certain item?

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010
Hi I'm trying to make a level script where you can move while it's running. Is this possible?

I have a test script below (assigned to an 02 validates values type level script) var 5001 value 0000

Spoiler:

Yes I knew you wouldn't be able to move but is there a way to make you able to move while it runs?

Help greatly appreciated.

How do you make a warp scripted?

You make a green s tile wth a script containing (for XSE)

warp 0x(map bank in hex) 0x(map no in hex) 0(a-map warp no in hex or FF) 0x(0 if you used n a-map warp no.,X coordinte if you used FF) 0x(0 if you used n a-map warp no.,X coordinte if you used FF)

warp 0xE 0x3 0xFF 0x2 0x2

warps you to map 3 of bank 14 2 spaces to the right and below the top left corner.

Last edited:

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
'lock' only prevents the person event that the player is talking to from moving (and similarly 'lockall' prevents all NPCs on the map from moving). It has nothing to do with the player.

Not from my experience, not using lock always makes it so I can walk around during the script...

Chicken Bones

Hacks 4 fun
Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2010

Not from my experience, not using lock always makes it so I can walk around during the script...
If that's so can you tell me why I couldn't/can't move. And If you know how can you give me any kind of script where you have been able to for me to examine.

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Finally I have been able to activate national dex in ruby

but i have a problem
I have kept kanto starters
Before national dex was activated pokedex entry was zero

but after activating national dex entry shows 1 (right amount of pokemon)

But in the pokedex pictures column it still doesnt show the kanto starter i have or
Pokemon i capture from kanto or jonto
(allthough amount of pokemon seen and captured is shown correctly)

Is it normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back