• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's always bothered you?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 18, 2015
MOD EDIT:
classiccartoonsftw said:
You know, we could use this topic to discuss things about Pokemon that have always bothered us.

Last edited by a moderator:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
You know, we could use this topic to discuss things about Pokemon that have always bothered us. Here are some of mine:
-Graveler, Haunter, Kadabra, Machoke, etc. evolving by trading
-Whimsicott being part Fairy type while Lilligant isn't
-Garchomp having received a Mega Evolution rather than Flygon
-Charizard having two Mega Evolutions while Venusaur and Blastoise only have one
-Raichu kinda being left in the dust by Game Freak
-Farfetch'd, Jynx, Qwilfish, Basculin, etc. not having an evolution or even a mega
-Ice having only one resistance and Game Freak refusing to add more
-Certain Pokemon being scorned simply for their designs (Vanillite line, Tangrowth, Magmortar, and more)
-Those jokes about Pokemon like Magikarp and Stunfisk (it was kinda funny at first, but it has become old and annoying)
-People saying Pokemon is for kids, and using it as a reason to hate it

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
Gym leaders having potions- It's so annoying especially when their Pokemon spam Double Team
How moves with low accuracy always hit when the opponent uses them- for example Hydro Pump, Blizzard, Thunder, Stone Edge, and Supersonic.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
THIS! Like c'mon, where's the love for Flygon?

Also, why not give Butterfree a Mega if Beedrill got one? I really like Mega Evolutions, but there are some Pokemon who are more deserving for one than others.

HM system.

Years
You know, we could use this topic to discuss things about Pokemon that have always bothered us. Here are some of mine:
-Graveler, Haunter, Kadabra, Machoke, etc. evolving by trading
-Whimsicott being part Fairy type while Lilligant isn't
-Garchomp having received a Mega Evolution rather than Flygon
-Charizard having two Mega Evolutions while Venusaur and Blastoise only have one
-Raichu kinda being left in the dust by Game Freak
-Farfetch'd, Jynx, Qwilfish, Basculin, etc. not having an evolution or even a mega
-Ice having only one resistance and Game Freak refusing to add more
-Certain Pokemon being scorned simply for their designs (Vanillite line, Tangrowth, Magmortar, and more)
-Those jokes about Pokemon like Magikarp and Stunfisk (it was kinda funny at first, but it has become old and annoying)
-People saying Pokemon is for kids, and using it as a reason to hate it
Rather than letting a perfectly good thread like this go to waste, I like this idea much better!

Years
  • They still haven't retconned the Nidoran M and Nidoran F lines into one branching evolution families based on gender
  • No one from the evil teams ever decide to just beat the ever loving crap out of you
  • Artificial Pokemon such as the regis & Porygon, possessed Pokemon such as Yamask, and stuff given life through radioactivity can become Pokemon.....yet Mew has all of their DNA somehow.
  • Pikachu's Blue sprite is the cutest but they still went ahead and took out all the cuteness from him.
  • Everything Ash
  • The mole on my right thigh that I should probably get checked out.

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
THIS! Like c'mon, where's the love for Flygon?

Also, why not give Butterfree a Mega if Beedrill got one? I really like Mega Evolutions, but there are some Pokemon who are more deserving for one than others.

GameFreak said that "artist block" stopped Mega Flygon happening in ORAS - and because of that, I'd put my money on Mega Flygon being one of the megas in either the next Pokemon game, or the following.

And Mega Butterfree not happening because "Mega Beedrill happened" doesn't mean squat. Blaziken, Mawile, and Gardevoir got a mega in XY, and their counterparts got them in ORAS. So Butterfree not getting one "because Beedril did" doesn't mean anything, since they've shown to introduce megas whenever they please.

Anyway, this isn't something that bothers me that much, but I always felt like Farfetch'd should evolve into Doduo (with Farfetch'd getting a redesign, ofc), or that Farfetch'd should've been scrapped for Kanto, and included in Johto, and have been replaced with a Doduo pre-evolution. As a kid I always found it confusing that three bird Pokemon were in a row on the Pokedex, but only two of them were connected by evolution. The fact that it was 3 brown birds that went from one, to two, to three heads didn't help me either.

Years
As a kid I always found it confusing that three bird Pokemon were in a row on the Pokedex, but only two of them were connected by evolution. The fact that it was 3 brown birds that went from one, to two, to three heads didn't help me either.

What if they went the dugtrio route, and to make Farfetch'd evolve, you shove two birds together?

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Milotic, Raichu and Dragonite not getting a Mega Evolution.
Raichu just being ignored in General by the developers.
Slowbros Mega Evolution, looks very silly.
Walrein looking horrible in 3d.
Glalie getting a Mega and Froslass not getting one.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I've got a few more things.
-People spamming moves like Double Team and Minimize
-People using Protect twice in a row, and it works
-Slower Pokemon being more likely to hit themselves in confusion
-Selfdestruct and Explosion, especially when used by Pokemon I want to catch
-Lots of Pokemon cries being ruined in Pokemon X and Y
-HM moves being weak, Normal type, or both

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Definitely evasion-raising and accuracy-lowering moves. I don't use them much often, if at all, and in-game, it could be very bothersome to see others use them against you. Competitively, these kind of moves aren't always allowed, which I believe to be a good thing.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 26, 2017
Definitely evasion-raising and accuracy-lowering moves. I don't use them much often, if at all, and in-game, it could be very bothersome to see others use them against you. Competitively, these kind of moves aren't always allowed, which I believe to be a good thing.

Oh this! All of this!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 27, 2022
Still having to use HM's when you have a whacking big turtle that can clearly give you a lift across some water, move some rocks, smash some rocks, and bust down some small trees.

Years
I think HM is a problem for everyone xD. I always try to have 6 Pokemon on my team (no HM Slaves), and I hate to give HM to my Pokemons because it's needed (for example Swampert with Surf, Dive and Waterfall, or Breelom with Cut and Strenght)

Early

☆ My, how the Earth does move... ☆
Years
  • NPC trainers having ridiculous luck sometimes, especially with OHKO/low accuracy moves and Metronome; I think there was even a time once where I've seen one successfully use Fissure twice in a row. And when Fog was around, it seemed like the AI trainers' accuracy was never affected by it. Generally, any time the games "cheat" in the AI's favor.
  • Having to tote around HM slaves whenever they're needed for a route or a cave, when their slots in my party could be filled by more usable Pokemon.
  • Struggle on wild Pokemon, especially Legendaries that take a while to capture.

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
- HMs
- No Mega Flygon
- critical hits
- "Torchic is paralyzed! It can't move!"
- "Opposing Keldeo used Scald!" -> "Dragonite was burned!"
- Opponent sends out Gothitelle / Wobbuffet / Mega Gengar!
- "Blaziken flinched!"

...yeah most of these are battling related lmao

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jun 2, 2016
Not being able to delete HM moves by using TM's on them. What's the point? It can't be incase you get "stuck" somewhere. (Take Dewford for example) because if you needed surf you could just replace a move with the HM surf and replace it back again when you'd used it.

Also the difficulty and Pokémon getting easier over the years. I don't want to get too much into it, I understand why they do it. (Even though when I was a kid I never complained about the difficulty) I just think there should be something similar to the challenge mode key in the 5th gen games. That'd be perfect. Raising the levels, adding in better IVs and EVs and changing the movesets of the AI's Pokémon. Would be great!

Back