• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I've decided to try out the MOBA genre, so I am playing Guardians of Middle Earth. It's my first game of this kind, so i'm spending time learning the ropes. In my first match in Skirmish mode I didn't completely fail, but wasn't very helpful to my team either. All in all, i'd say that was a good trial run. Between the wiki and the forums surrounding the game, i'm starting to get an idea of how to improve. Eventually I plan on playing Dota 2 or League of Legends, but my current PC isn't really good for games, so i'll stick with Guardians for MOBA gaming on my PS3.

I'm also still playing Skyrim. I've completed the Dawnguard questline, having chosen the vampire side. Right now i'm in between doing side quests,gathering the necessary materials to finish building my house, and just wandering around getting things done as they come.

I still have yet to play Valkyria Chronicles since i bought it, but I will eventually get to it. It feels good to have a decent collection of games

Last edited:

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Atelier Escha & Logy: Been having a blast playing this game. Everything Ayesha did, Escha & Logy did better. Especially the battle system, liking the improvements done to it.

Donkey Kong County: Tropical Freeze:
Got this a bit late. Pretty good so far, been playing co-op with my sister slowly, but so far, I'm impressed with what Retro has done. Everything seems incredibly polished, especially that soundtrack.

Pokemon X/Y:
Obligatory Pokebanking.

Could have been playing Dark Souls II as well, but I decided to wait for the PC version.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
Currently the game I have been playing is Civilization Revolution. I have been doing the scenarios in the game. The most recent scenario I did was the Beta Centauri one. I was playing as the Romans. The other civs I was dealing with were the Spanish, the Arabs, the Chinese, and the Indians. The game lasted from 2026 AD to 2376 AD. I won with a Cultural victory even though I bluffed the Arabs into thinking I was going for a Domination victory.

I could have decided to play Titanfall, but I preordered the Xbox 360 version which does not come out until the 25th of this month.

Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2023
Just started Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft last night. It's a pretty fun CCG, free to play and not really P2W (although paying money speeds things along a bit). I'd recommend you guys give it a shot.

TY

Been playing a lot of Red Alert 2: Yuri's Revenge and StarCraft II lately. Especially RA2's mod called Mental Omega which is just one of the best mods ever for this game <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Been focusing my efforts on Infamous Festival Of Blood mostly along with a little bit of Borderlands 2 on True Vault Hunter mode to break the repetition. Besides from that not much else at the immediate moment.

Nerdy Mojo

No Lifer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 28, 2014
I'm playing Kingdom of Amalur and Armored Core Verdict Day, with Armored Core being my focus atm.

I've always had a passive interest in the Armored Core series, and have dabbled a bit in playing them. However, spending the past few hours reading guides and customizing my mech accordingly, along with an increased passion for playing games a bit more hardcore and with more focus, this game is getting good! I seriously am enjoying myself, as mechs have always been a curious interest for me and being a fighter pilot in-game is also intersting.

I can see myself playing this for some time, potentially becoming a true fan. In the present, I can tell the rest of the night/morning will be spent learning the ropes, because even with my AC customized to my tastes (within what I can afford and have unlocked), I still have a ways to go when it comes to learning tactics and evasion.

Kingdom of Amalur is a suprisingly good game also. When i tried it when I had PS+, I honestly didn't give it much of a chance to grab my interest. Now i've been playing a considerable amount of time, compared to how I first judged the game. The combat is very engaging, being both action oriented and tactical.

I am playing a mage, at Seer level of Fate, and mainly using chakrams to keep a distance between my enemies and my character,using a longsword for close quarters, and spicing things up with a spell, if the enemy has a weakness to the lightning and ice variants i use.

These two games are helping me learn a bit about my gaming style, as these are the first two i've focused my true efforts into (having come to a state of improvement in my personal life). I have learned that i'm more of a tactical gamer that would rather out-smart and out-perform my enemy, rather than overpower or have extremely high defense to offset my previously bull-headed approach to combat.

I have a moderate collection of games going besides these two titles, almost all of which are open-world,free-roam,or MMO, so I have plenty of gaming to do.My gaming life has never been more interesting!

Years
Pokemon X - Slowly getting together a competitive team after putting it off for a while.

Pokemon Yellow - Playing through this for the first time (though I have played Red which is obviously similar enough, I'm playing Yellow purely for the differences) on my phone. Mainly just as something to do on the bus to and from college.

Final Fantasy X - Decided I really wanted to play through this specific Final Fantasy entry so I picked it up cheaply for PS2. (I have no PS3/Vita so the remaster wasn't an option)

Then my usual sports games which I just play casually here and there - NBA 2K14, Fifa 14, Football Manager 14.

Years
Taking a break with Bravely Default and started playing Final Fantasy X HD. Gotta collect them trophies :3 Not entirely sure how long this will take me to finish considering time constraints because of school \:

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Juggling 3 games atm. {:3}

Atelier Ayesha (PS3)

Just finished Meruru, and despite getting the bad/normal ending once again in the Arland games, it was pretty enjoyable. Never good with time limits, so I was nowhere close to getting the true ending. I started Ayesha yesterday, and already it has a different feel from the 3 Arland games. Looking forward to putting in some time to this one.

South Park: Stick of Truth (PS3)
Ah, what an entertaining game. The humor we all know is there (just got done with alien abuduction part {XD}), but the gameplay is actually pretty solid. Turn-based RPG, with a few tweeks, makes the gameplay enjoyable. Just wish the party wasn't limited to two characters.

Persona 4: Golden (Vita)

Only went through the original game once, so I'm trying to focus on social links and characters, namely Teddie and Kanji, who I ignored on the PS2 version.

TY

Right now I am playing some Renegade X as this game is just addicting, mainly cause the pricetag of $0.00 is so attractive plus it is a fangame originated from the original C&C Renegade which was a fine shooter back in the day <3

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havok: It's like this weird mash up of the social aspects of Persona and the mystery of Phoenix Wright and then throw in a dash of The Hunger Games. I've never really been big into visual novels, but this one is pulling me in. I'm glad I had a reason to pick up my Vita again.

Tales of Vesperia: I just got a 360 recently to play some exclusives I missed over the last generation and this game has quickly become of the my favorite in the Tales series. The combat is great, Yuri is probably my favorite protagonist of all time.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy - This is not pulling me in as much as I'd hoped it would. It's okay, but playing it is more of a chore than I was expecting. Maybe I'm just tired of these games? It's disappointing to feel this way after looking forward to the game for so long. I'd set it down and give it another try some other time but this isn't my 3DS (I don't have an English one) so I don't want to lose my chance to play it if I don't finish it by the time my roommate moves out this summer.

Tales of Xillia 2 - Still picking this up every so often. I'm just doing endgame stuff now. I want the hot springs ending before I put it down for good. (Or until the English release, rather.)

Tales of Symphonia - Playing this very slowly with my roommate. We're busy with end-of-term stuff and every time I'm free, he's busy. Everytime he's free, I'm busy. And now that we've taken so long, we're competing with our other roommate for PS3 use too since FFX came out. :(

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
I've recently been playing the ever so overrated Final Fantasy VII for the first time. And I'm not gonna lie, it's a great game, but not my favourite Final Fantasy (that would be Final Fantasy IV).

I've also been playing Mega Man 10. But if Dr. Wily on Wily Stage 4 wasn't so hard, it would've been done by last year!

TY

Been playing Rise of Nations again ever since a PC member literally forced me to play this game again and I got addicted to take over the world with my own country XD

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
My schedule has just recently let up on me, but I'm still just kinda playing video games in dashes. Anywho, these are the ones currently on my agenda:

Lego Marvel Super Heroes: My brother got it for Christmas so I thought I'd give it a spin. Honestly the easiest Lego game I've played (and I've played most of them). I'm at Asgard.

ICO: SotC is my all time favourite game so I had to play the prequel/sequel/whatever this is. It's fun and slightly challenging, but not unplayable. I'm still somewhere near the beginning though.

Etrian Odyssey: Because why not. Honestly this one's pretty challenging. I've gotten my butt handed to me many a time. I'm clearing out the second floor.

Skyrim: This is a once in a while thing, I don't play it every day. I just like running around Skyrim, finding stuff. I've pretty much ignored the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back