• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
What exactly do you mean by saving/loading dependent events? Did you create your own dependent event system? As far as I know, they save just like any other event (not that I have a lot of experience with them though).

...hm, yeah, now it's saving fine. weird. SIGH. what is even going on with my game these days XD

in related news, I'm getting some freakish error and I have no idea what's causing it sigh

Spoiler:

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017

...hm, yeah, now it's saving fine. weird. SIGH. what is even going on with my game these days XD

in related news, I'm getting some freakish error and I have no idea what's causing it sigh

Spoiler:
I've seen that error floating around quite a bit. I'm assuming it only happens on one map, since that's been the case for others. I would try checking the events first, the connections, and then maybe the metadata. Those are usually what causes problems on maps. If you can think of an edit you made just before it happened, you may be more likely to find the problem.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Edit: Forgot my question. How can I retrieve the value for a Pokemon's happiness within an event? I've been trying to get that working for a long time.
You can use simple scripts in events. Just use $Trainer.party[1].happiness or similar.

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
I've seen that error floating around quite a bit. I'm assuming it only happens on one map, since that's been the case for others. I would try checking the events first, the connections, and then maybe the metadata. Those are usually what causes problems on maps. If you can think of an edit you made just before it happened, you may be more likely to find the problem.

Hmm, I have made a few changes recently. I deleted those, but still had the same error. I checked the connections and the metadata, and nothing looks out of place...augh, this is so annoying.

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017

Hmm, I have made a few changes recently. I deleted those, but still had the same error. I checked the connections and the metadata, and nothing looks out of place...augh, this is so annoying.
It's only that one map, right? Try making another map just like it and swap them out. Essentials tends to fix itself when you play around with it, for no apparent reason. And instead of just copy/pasting the identical map, build it from scratch so that you're sure that whatever the problem is doesn't just get copied too.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Thanks Nickalooose and KingCharizard, he knew the two ways of doing it, but the first, I think it is difficult to match exactly graphically with an image map of event, and the second works but only use it for lamposts in the windows do not get that, Indeed, I think if anyone advises me otherwise I´ll have to choose the first to see if it works.

Come on, get any better, I need for my project, I think it can also be very useful for the whole community

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2013
hello guys.
I put the pokemon animation script. and gives me this error when I try to enter summary.
---------------------------
Nuevo Menu
Exception: RuntimeError

Exception: NoMethodError

Message: Section091:49:in `setPokemonBitmap'undefined method `bitmap' for #<BitmapWrapper:0x9e10148>

EDIT:
already solved. I found the error.

***Full script:

sscene=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
sscreen=PokemonScreen.new(sscene,
$Trainer.party)
sscreen.pbPokemonScreen

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

PokemonSummary:79:in `pbStartScene'

PokemonSummary:823:in `pbStartScreen'

PokemonScreen:820:in `pbSummary'

PokemonScreen:1272:in `pbPokemonScreen'

PokemonScreen:1181:in `loop'

PokemonScreen:1436:in `pbPokemonScreen'

(eval):4:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1583:in `eval'

Interpreter:239:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:279:in `pbExecuteScript'

Interpreter:1583:in `command_355'

Interpreter:492:in `execute_command'

Interpreter:191:in `update'

Interpreter:104:in `loop'

Interpreter:196:in `update'

Game_CommonEvent:76:in `update'

Game_Map_:308:in `update'

Game_Map_:307:in `each'

Game_Map_:307:in `update'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
Aceptar
that this is bad called .. but before I put this script worked fine on appeal. now I do not work.
I use this method: but say error.
sscene=PokemonScreen_Scene.new
sscreen=PokemonScreen.new(sscene,
$Trainer.party)
sscreen.pbPokemonScreen

(Sorry, google.tanslated)

already solved. I found the error.

Last edited:

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
It's only that one map, right? Try making another map just like it and swap them out. Essentials tends to fix itself when you play around with it, for no apparent reason. And instead of just copy/pasting the identical map, build it from scratch so that you're sure that whatever the problem is doesn't just get copied too.

yep, that fixed it. weird! thanks for the help, dude :)

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
You're welcome. You said you were going to make a tutorial right? I'd be interested to see what you came up with, since it might help with what I was working on.

yeah...I'm like, 90% done with that, but the last 10% is being a total dick (tiny, irritating bugs that I have no idea how to fix). haha. I'm trying to get enough of the plot in my game done so I can throw it into my portfolio as a demo next month, so I probably won't get around to finishing the tutorial for a while, which is lame.

Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
Best of all, I have the 2008 version and found a bug (which in this year is not yet resolved at all). This is a problem with the BGM to the music of the night, when a city has a music and a route other everything works fine as it changes depending on where the player is, however if for example we want to retain homes same music that the people outside the problem that arises when you teleport to any home BGM disappears, no music, only until you return to go outside, this also happens for example with any building having more than one plant when going to the other music disappears.

Does anyone know why this happens and if there is any solution to the problem?.

PS: In the version of May 7 this does not happen, but it is not 100% solved it is making music again repeated from the beginning, the melody does not continue.

Thanks in advance.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
in the scripts(F11), anybody know how i'd go about checking if a Pokémon can evolve, or is the final evolution from the pokemon.txt?

creating a script in PokemonScreen, just in case you need to know.

still would like to know the answer to this please.

also, i'm looking at the "wildbattle" event encounter, and it says you can make Pokémon shiny by using p.makeShiny, and have specific moves by using pbAutoLearnMove(p,PBMoves::TACKLE)... But it also says you can set gender, how would i do this...?

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
Strange Regional Pokedex Problem

Today I am working on getting the regional pokedex to work properly, and I am getting a few errors I need some help with.

I have only set 1 map for the region (Route 1) and all other maps are regionless. The only region I have in townmap.txt is [0] Kanto, which Route 1 is set to. I have a small Kanto region map with only Route 1 assigned in townmap.txt point of interest.

In pokemon.txt I have set Bulbasaur to RegionalNumbers=1 and put him to appear in Route 1 100% of the time.

Here is the problem I am having:

When I test out the region Pokedex it works fine only if I don't have any entries. It shows up and with no entries error free. If I get in a battle and 'see' Bulbasaur then check my regional Pokedex entry the game crashes with this error:

Spoiler:

You can see the Pokedex entry show up even though this error occurs, however with no backround or sprite icon.

This is where the error becomes a bit strange.

If I 'see' Bulbasaur and don't check my Regional Pokedex entry and then go one map away and check my National Pokedex entry Bulbasaur shows up where he supposed to, entry 1. I can view his info (with mostly ???) and also see the region map where it shows his "nest" that I saw him at.

Now after viewing his entry in the National Pokedex I can go back down to Route 1 and look at the Regional Pokedex and it works perfectly. I can see that Bulbasaur is the only Poke in the region I have seen, despite seeing many Pokemon in the nation. I can view his info (???) and I can view the region map where I see his "nest". However I cannot get this to work without viewing a National Pokedex entry first everytime. This error seems like some sort of caching is taking place, but it can't draw the correct sprites and icons when going through the Region Pokedex code.

I have spent several hours this morning trying to get it to work with my limited scripting ability, and even reverted back to old code to see if something would change, and nothing did (except more errors than usual). Maybe I am missing an important piece of information to get the Region Pokedex to work properly? I will continue to work on this, all help is much appreciated!

EDIT: *snip*
EDIT: 08/26/2010

Ok so I figured out what the error is finally yahoo! I even wrote a tutorial about it, PM me if your interested it's a tutorial about putting a functioning Regional Pokedex in your game. I would link it but I believe it's against the rules.

Last edited:

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
I got an answer for you.

Script: PokeBattle_ActualScene

Code:
  @sprites["enemybase"].x+=4
  @sprites["playerbase"].x-=4
  @sprites["shadow1"].x+=4
  @sprites["shadow3"].x+=4 if @sprites["shadow3"]
  trainersprite1.x+=4
  trainersprite2.x+=4 if trainersprite2
  @sprites["player"].x-=4
  @sprites["playerB"].x-=4  if @sprites["playerB"]
  pbGraphicsUpdate
  pbInputUpdate
  break if @sprites["enemybase"].x>=224
You need to change every one of the '=4's to another number (I reccomend 6, do NOT use odd numbers)

Now reposting my question since it was an edit and probably got missed:
Thank you so much, I asked in several forums and nobody answered but you. It worked great, thanks!

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
I encountered multiple problems while working on my pokemon project using the amazing starter kit that i don't seem to be able to solve myself. I didnt find answers with google and the forum search function....
so i wrote them down and hopefully somebody can help me here:

1. im using the day/night system and like it, but when it comes to the viridian forest i don't know how to set the color tone to a constant dark tone that is not affected by the time of the day and still enables the outdoor setting (for running) Is it possible to cut one map off from the day/night cycle or is there maybe a good workaround?

2. I'd like to imitate the effect from FR/LG that when you look at signs you are able to turn away from them while the first line is still displayed and thus close the message window. I was told that this could only be done closing the interpreter, but the person didn't know how to do it with the modified starter kit scripts. So how can i dispose a message window (only from signs!) when i turn away from them?

3. I have some maps that cover multiple parts of the region map so i can't display the precise, actual position on the town map for the player.
I figured it'd be a good workaround to split up the maps (which works fine for that purpose) into multiple parts. But i still only want the map's name displayed in the upper left corner on entering the FIRST and LAST map of my map-parts and only if i enter from the right direction. so this can't be done using the ShowArea option in the metadata. My first idea would be to handle the events WHEN to show the map's name myself for those maps, but I'd need the script line to do so... i couldn't figure it out myself so maybe somebody knows how to trigger the map-name display by script code.

4. This problem maybe belongs into the animation section, but i think it can only be solved by scripting: I want to change the by default included Stat increase/decrease animations to those used in FR/LG. Yes, they fit to the affected Pokemon's sprite and THAT is just my problem.. When experimenting i noticed that a good effect results from turning the animation frame blending options to "sub" - but that affects the colors drastically... anybody an idea how to solve this??

5. I would like to have the experience bar fill WAY faster... how can i achieve that? when i looked at the script i found something like "rect.fill" and i didn't know how to handle that.. i'd like to speed up this process to have it at least twice as fast. any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Sichlor

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2010
5. I would like to have the experience bar fill WAY faster... how can i achieve that? when i looked at the script i found something like "rect.fill" and i didn't know how to handle that.. i'd like to speed up this process to have it at least twice as fast. any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance, Sichlor

Just something I know right away, I redid the exp system for my project and the only way of filling it twice as fast if I'm understanding you correctly is to double the exp gain. You will need to do some editing in your PBExperience script.

Or do you mean to have it fill up faster graphically? In that case, I don't know :) But if you want help understanding the PBExperience script just send me a PM I'll see what I can do.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I figured I would post this here because I doubt regular RMXP games use the border like Poccils kit. I have two questions but they're both related. I want the screen to start at 320x240 and have the option to grow to 480x320, not the other way like it currently is. Can someone explain what I need to edit to do that? And also, what do I edit to remove the need of the border when the screen is 320x240?

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2013
@Seven Dragons
Yeah, unfortunately I meant graphically... it's pretty slow as it is now - compared to the original.... but thanks a lot for trying to help =)

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017

yeah...I'm like, 90% done with that, but the last 10% is being a total dick (tiny, irritating bugs that I have no idea how to fix). haha. I'm trying to get enough of the plot in my game done so I can throw it into my portfolio as a demo next month, so I probably won't get around to finishing the tutorial for a while, which is lame.
That's too bad. I'll be looking forward to it when it's finished though.

Sichlor said:
1. im using the day/night system and like it, but when it comes to the viridian forest i don't know how to set the color tone to a constant dark tone that is not affected by the time of the day and still enables the outdoor setting (for running) Is it possible to cut one map off from the day/night cycle or is there maybe a good workaround?
You might try changing the event that transfers the player to that map to include a "Change Screen Color Tone" that darkens the map. And change the event that transfer the player somewhere else to include another "Change Screen Color Tone" that set the screen back to normal.

Finally, an error of my own. I was working on a script, and it gave the the "script is taking too long" message, and after clicking playtest when reverting the script edit, I get this:
Spoiler:
It's a pretty random error, since I even deleted the entire script section (it was one I put there, not one from essentials), and it did the same thing. I think I may have closed the window when it was saving after the whole "script is taking too long" thing though, but I don't know if that could affect anything.

EDIT:
I fixed the error by erasing the save file. I must have corrupted it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back