• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Ruby] Inserting Cries

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
Uhm, over a month...
Anyways, why is it that when I follow all the instructions for overwriting Venusaur's cry with Torterra's, I either get the silent treatment, or I get this static stuff? Am I doing something wrong?

First off, the cry most likely won't work if it's over 1.36 seconds. It's just a number that's been common for my cries to work. Next, your cries need to be 8 bit depth 11025 hz. You can do that in r8brain.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
Years
First off, the cry most likely won't work if it's over 1.36 seconds. It's just a number that's been common for my cries to work. Next, your cries need to be 8 bit depth 11025 hz. You can do that in r8brain.
So most of the Sinnoh cries won't work? Because I've tried Piplup's cry at 11,025 Hz and 8 bit stereo, but I get this sound like Piplup hit puberty and dropped six octaves

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
The problem I seem to keep coming across is that Hex Workshop keeps telling me it's not finding the reverse offsets of the Samples I'm typing in. :I

Right now I'm attempting to replace Sunkern's cry with Blitzle's. I already edited it in Audacity to make it 11025 Khz (the same KhZ I use for micspams, conveniently enough :3) , and I've got everything set up by following the tutorial exactly, so at least I've gotten this far. :V

Years
  • Seen Apr 28, 2012
After I did this, the cry was silent. I made sure everything was correct. Is there something I'm missing?

Christianzeo

Mystical Ice-Dragon Trainer
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 22, 2013
So will this work for any other pokemon games? like, later games, or earlier ones? if so, I'd love to insert Arceus's cry into a Generation 1 Magikarp xD

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
I have a question... How add new cries to blank Pokemons <252-267 id> Using PokeCry? I try do it a lot of Times... Allways fail.

I have a question... How add new cries to blank Pokemons <252-267 id> Using PokeCry? I try do it a lot of Times... Allways fail. I ask about add new Cries in Pokemon Ruby to ???????? placeholders.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Hello all !
I have a problem on this thing...
I'm trying to completely erase Wurmple to put Larvesta in Emerald. I already changed the sprite, the stats, eveything but the cry.
I followed the tutorial by each word, but when I save with hex editor it does not print FFFF on PokeCry and all I got in the game is a very high satured static noise.
When I edit the cry with Wavosor it says it's in 8 bit and 11025 Hz.
My values were :
Table Offset : 69DCF4
Sample Offset : 86BC80
Rev Sample Offset : 80BC86
Free Space : ED85F0
Rev Free Space : F085ED

Thanks a lot !

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 3, 2016
Hello all !
I have a problem on this thing...
I'm trying to completely erase Wurmple to put Larvesta in Emerald. I already changed the sprite, the stats, eveything but the cry.
I followed the tutorial by each word, but when I save with hex editor it does not print FFFF on PokeCry and all I got in the game is a very high satured static noise.
When I edit the cry with Wavosor it says it's in 8 bit and 11025 Hz.
My values were :
Table Offset : 69DCF4
Sample Offset : 86BC80
Rev Sample Offset : 80BC86
Free Space : ED85F0
Rev Free Space : F085ED

Thanks a lot !

I somehow managed to put Larvesta's cry onto Wurmple's, because I don't know why but I had to put 291 instead of 290 for Larvesta.... It's working good, with a little attention you can guess it's a hack but it's always better than the freakin static I had at the beginning.
But now my problem is I cannot put Volcarona's cry onto Silcoon (which I modified to put Volcarona) ! (I basically cut all the evolution patterns of Wurmple and put only "Larvesta evolves in Volcarona (Silcoon) at level 59)
But now when Volcarona is supposed to cry, it doesn't ! The sound of the games lowers as if it were here, but in fact it's like the sound of Volcarona was erased, and whatever file I put (even the original sound) it doesn't cry !

This is so raging !

Back