• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shiny Gold Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
hey i just got my pokemon back from jamie and jess.. could someone please point me into the right direction for what to do next

dont worry i figured it out XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
a few questions....

1. how do i get the silver wing?
2.im playin beta 5. but i was wondering if/how i could get past the ghost poke that stops me from going east or west from cerulean city also how do i get misty to battle me? the bloody gym is empty and i cant find her.
3. wtf is behind that weird rock north of cerulean that zel "forbids" you from going to? [im gonna try usin gameshark codes to go through btw :P ]

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
a few questions....

1. how do i get the silver wing?

Still unavailable, sorry.

2.im playin beta 5. but i was wondering if/how i could get past the ghost poke that stops me from going east or west from cerulean city also how do i get misty to battle me? the bloody gym is empty and i cant find her.

Spoiler:

3. wtf is behind that weird rock north of cerulean that zel "forbids" you from going to? [im gonna try usin gameshark codes to go through btw :P ]

Nothing. Not even a single map, so using cheats is useless :P

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 18, 2008
I just started playing this game and I love it! 8D
Well anyway, I found out where to get Wurmple and Zigzagoon already, if anybody wants to know.
Spoiler:

Just thought I'd put that, since they're Hoenn Pokemon.

And this is probably asking too much, but, I would really appreciate having a full list of all the Pokemon locations in Shiny Gold. I focus on getting as many Pokemon I can as while playing through the game. If anybody has one, or knows where to find one, please let me know~

Last edited:

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
I just started playing this game and I love it! 8D
Well anyway, I found out where to get Wurmple already, if anybody wants to know.
Spoiler:

Just thought I'd put that, since it's a Hoenn Pokemon.

And this is probably asking too much, but, I would really appreciate having a full list of all the Pokemon locations in Shiny Gold. I focus on getting as many Pokemon I can as while playing through the game. If anybody has one, or knows where to find one, please let me know~

We don't have a full list of obtainable Hoenn Pokémon, but there sure are a lot of them. Like Went already mentioned;
Spoiler:

Just be patient and search for them quite a while, and you'll manage to get a lot of them!
I've captured a total of 290 Pokémon, so I'm pretty far =)

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 18, 2008
Yay, I just found a Poochyena~
Spoiler:

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
Years
  • Age 28
  • Ohio
  • Seen Apr 18, 2008
If it isn't working, here are steps that you need to make sure you followed:

-Downloaded FireRed and latest version of ShinyGold
-Put ShinyGold in the same folder as FireRed
-Renamed ShinyGold so it matches the name of the FireRed download

If you followed those steps and it still isn't working, I don't know what the problem is.

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
thanks fer the answers, went :)

but anywhoo i have another query.

i caught shining gyarados at lake rage and i just made it mate with another gyarados [male, evolved from a magikarp i caught fishing] at the day care. so far ive got three eggs from em and all have turned out to be ordinary magikarps. is htere any way to get shining magikarp? :D

also i cant seem to get to pewter, cinnabar and viridian city although pewter sure as hell seems to be glitched! do i need to wait for beta 6 before i can play em?

thirdly[sorry for askin so many damn questions! lol] the route from goldenrod to azalea town[ilex forest] is blocked by an ugly ***** and i cant get her out of the way. this is really irritating since i have to go through damn uninon cave everytime i want to get there[since ya cant fly there for some reason] just a sujjestion but maybe zel should move her out of the way?

and when i went to kurt with the gs ball and talked to him nothing happened. am i supposedto talk to elm first? i tried but he ddnt say anything either.

747Jason747

Electivire Fan
Years

i caught shining gyarados at lake rage and i just made it mate with another gyarados [male, evolved from a magikarp i caught fishing] at the day care. so far ive got three eggs from em and all have turned out to be ordinary magikarps. is htere any way to get shining magikarp? :D

also i cant seem to get to pewter, cinnabar and viridian city although pewter sure as hell seems to be glitched! do i need to wait for beta 6 before i can play em?

thirdly[sorry for askin so many damn questions! lol] the route from goldenrod to azalea town[ilex forest] is blocked by an ugly ***** and i cant get her out of the way. this is really irritating since i have to go through damn uninon cave everytime i want to get there[since ya cant fly there for some reason] just a sujjestion but maybe zel should move her out of the way?

and when i went to kurt with the gs ball and talked to him nothing happened. am i supposedto talk to elm first? i tried but he ddnt say anything either.
About the shiny u have about 1 out of 8000 and something to get a shiny
Also pewter isn't in B5 neither is Cinnabar u'll have to wait for B6
oh and try talking to the Shrine in ilex forest once Kurt gives u the GS ball back.

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
!! New !!

Still wondering where a certain Pokémon can be found?
Look at the first post of the main Shiny Gold Thread!!
(Or click at this link!)
[by Giovanni Boss]

WaterSplash

Common
Years
I'm trapped in the invisible wall trick house because of two ghosts that I can't fight and can't get by. There is also a ghost en route to the Power Plant/Rock Tunnel and Mt. Moon. Help?

Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2020

In the 3rd generation of poke games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green) the shininess of the parent(s) has no effect on the baby being shiny. So its pretty understandable you havent got a shiny magikarp.

Yeah, True Pallet Town, Pewter City, Cinnabar, Viridian City, Mt Moon and South of Fuchsia aren't available as of Beta 5.

Thats strange, although I personally fly whenever I need to go places, I thought that girl only appeared after Kurt hands your GS Ball back.

Spoiler:

Years
I saw a video on how to get Jirachi. I will keep it a secret. Don't ask me where it is. I hope I am following thread rules.

It doesn't matter Zel already saw it and said the method to obtain it was slightly off so it doesn't matter. Besides, the only place to find videos these days is kinda well known already. :/

Years
  • Seen Jan 10, 2011
These are the following TMs in ShinyGold. I Gamesharked my way for the good. :) And Thunderbolt is in this game... (Highlight to see...)

TM01 (Dynamic Punch)
TM02 (Headbutt)
TM03 (Curse)
TM04 (Rollout)
TM05 (Roar)
TM06 (Toxic)
TM07 (Zap Cannon)
TM08 (Aerial Ace)
TM09 (Light Screen)
TM10 (Hidden Power)
TM11 (Sunny Day)
TM12 (Sweet Scent)
TM13 (Ice Beam)
TM14 (Blizzard)
TM15 (Hyper Beam)
TM16 (Icy Wind)
TM17 (Protect)
TM18 (Rain Dance)
TM19 (Giga Drain)
TM20 (Safeguard)
TM21 (Frustration)
TM22 (Solarbeam)
TM23 (Iron Tail)
TM24 (Dragonbreath)
TM25 (Thunder)
TM26 (Earthquake)
TM27 (Return)
TM28 (Dig)
TM29 (Psychic)
TM30 (Shadow Ball)
TM31 (Mud Slap)
TM32 (Double Team)
TM33 (Reflect)
TM34 (Swagger)
TM35 (Flamethrower)
TM36 (Sludge Bomb)
TM37 (Sandstorm)
TM38 (Fire Blast)
TM39 (Swift)
TM40 (Ice Punch)
TM41 (Thunder Punch)
TM42 (Fire Punch)
TM43 (Dream Eater)
TM44 (Rest)
TM45 (Attract)
TM46 (Thief)
TM47 (Steel Wing)
TM48 (Thunderbolt)
TM49 (Fury Cutter)
TM50 (Brick Break)

Years
  • Seen Dec 24, 2008
thanks for the answers guys! :) o yea and i managed to catch celebi. the fat ***** blocking ilex forest is gone! :D

and 1 in 8000 pokemon being shiny...

lol makes ya wonder why they included shiny pokes in the first place. i remember playing pokemon crystal for more than a year and yet i never came across a shiny other than the red gyarados...

I'm trapped in the invisible wall trick house because of two ghosts that I can't fight and can't get by. There is also a ghost en route to the Power Plant/Rock Tunnel and Mt. Moon. Help?

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back