• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If you suspect the device's battery meter is wonky, charge the device completely after normal use (the battery should be at about 50% or lower - no topping the battery up) and let it stay that way for a few hours, then unplug it, and use it normally until the device automatically shuts itself down.

Do not charge as soon as possible - let the device cool itself for a few hours, then charge it using AC power. Let it charge until it's full (don't worry if the device turns itself on), and don't unplug it until it's fully charged for a few hours. That should get the battery meter "right". (You may use the device normally while charging, but don't unplug it.)

Do not do this too often. Usually, you should only need to do it once about every three months. Doing this too often can shorten the battery life of modern Li-On battery cells.

Years
Oh I try my best not to let devices stay plugged in all the time, because I know it ruins the battery over time if I do so.. I think my old Compaq laptop's battery got shot because of the fact I always used it plugged in, but I learned my lesson after that.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Oh I try my best not to let devices stay plugged in all the time, because I know it ruins the battery over time if I do so.. I think my old Compaq laptop's battery got shot because of the fact I always used it plugged in, but I learned my lesson after that.

Modern devices bypass the battery if plugged in at >95%. Even if they do charge to 100%, they'll eventually drain the battery a little bit after a while. Usually, when you unplug the battery, although the meter is showing 100%, it's going to be actually somewhere between 90 to 97%.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I can empty my phone's battery in about 4 hours browsing web pages over a 3G data connection. Toasty, too.

And yet, I find myself doing that pretty often. Perhaps I should look for a phone with better 3G web browsing battery life. Looks like I might want to give up on AMOLED displays...

Years
My tablet's battery seems to drain faster if it's lower, which is strange.. it also seems to get more hot as well when the battery is lower as well, so that's why I typically keep that plugged in.

Lowest I've ever gotten my tablet battery down to was maybe 20%.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I get around four hours screen time in a charge, which is better than the three hours I got before. I changed kernels to devil and it's been amazing. Also using aosp browser over Firefox saves battery too.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm interested in how some phones can pull over 8 hours in a single go browsing the web on a mobile data connection, though.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I have no idea. My phone has a 3100 mah battery and it can only do half that lol

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It's all about the efficiency of the SoC, radios, and the display when it comes to battery life and web browsing over a data network.

These iPhones and their insane web browsing battery life... Tiny screens, yes, but also tiny batteries.

Years
At least an iPhone's battery life when idle isn't that of all other iPods.. I remember having to charge my 4th gen iPod Nano everyday because even when turned off the thing sucked away battery power. My iPod Touch can hold a charge for as much as 5 days if it just sits idle.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Funny thing but I do know quite a few people who complain about their iPhone's battery life, lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Mine can hold 2-3 days without charging. I'm very impressed by it, actually. My sister's new iPod can hold less than a day but that's because she uses it too much. haha

Years
Back when I had an iPod Nano all I used it for was the 15-minute wait in the morning for my bus to arrive, the 45-minute bus ride to school, then the 45-minute bus ride home and the 3 minute walk to home. About every day to 1.5 days, it managed to do well, and I have procrastinated at times in charging it and it died on me.

I'm one who cannot live with silence, and it's usually music that keeps me flowing because of that.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Megan, How many hours of screen time do you get with that battery life?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
12 hours at least. The 2-3 days I mentioned include idle time. I can hold a full charge for about an hour or so until it begins to discharge slowly.

At the moment it's at 17%, and it's stayed that way for a while. I should charge it now. haha

Probably the reason why is because I don't have many apps running in the bg. I always turn them off when I'm not using them.

Years
What's odd about my iPod touch is that I've noticed the battery slightly recharge if I let it go idle after playing a game on it..

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I had that happen before recently! Not sure if it's some odd glitch or something. There were times when the charge goes from 72 to 73% in between a 5-10 min span of checking my phone. So weird. lmao

Years
What's odd about my iPod touch is that I've noticed the battery slightly recharge if I let it go idle after playing a game on it..

I had that happen before recently! Not sure if it's some odd glitch or something. There were times when the charge goes from 72 to 73% in between a 5-10 min span of checking my phone. So weird. lmao

It's just recalculating the remaining charge more accurately. It's not actually going back up :P

I'm still very impressed with the battery life I'm getting out of my iPhone 4. It's about 3 years old and I still get up to 2 days out of it. It's pretty damned slow on iOS 7, but the battery is rockin'. :) I'll update it eventually, but I don't want to spend the money :P

Also, people complain about the battery life every time a major update comes out, forgetting that they're using it 5x more than they otherwise would because they're playing with all of the new stuff.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
...wat

12 hours SCREEN ON TIME in one charge? My tablet doesn't get that... o.o I don't know if I believe it lmao

PS: iOS pauses apps in the background

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back