• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
you mena like. it shows liek the dpad and stuff? pressin a wont work huh? maybe you got a messed up rom, try dl another clean rom

Years
all it says is

"greetings this is the help system. Call me up whenever and wherever you need by pressing R or L buttons. The help messages change often to suit the situation, so check them often, please.

Then nothing will happen, can anyone give me advice?

Last edited:

Cursed

Godking Ragnarok CXVII
Years
The hack is nice, but when i got cyndaquil, Totodile's pokeball disappeared too and when i got prof. elm's phone number, it said "violet" at the end.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The hack is nice, but when i got cyndaquil, Totodile's pokeball disappeared too and when i got prof. elm's phone number, it said "violet" at the end.

That's right, since I used the original scripts at the beggining of the game, you take your poke and then... "nobody" takes the other poke. I didn't want to mess with the beggining so that's why it looks like that.

Thanks for releasing me of the usual questions, flipboi. Yes, probably is the rom (even though I havent used the help System, now that you mention it, I think I've never investigated it!, and wont do anyway)

OK. Since I'm not hacking at the moment, I'm using my scarce times to give myself new ideas and things to improve my current game.
That's why I think it's time for me to try to post a poll. Vote to decide if you want a more challenging game, or a "more-close to remake" game. There's no need to express your opinion by posting (unless you have something interesting to post), I just need to know the results.

Let's see what your interests are!

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Hey zel, I know you're not working on the hack yet, but I got a question. When you see the legendary dogs at the burned tower, they'll be scattered all over which map? Since Johto is in place of the islands, does that mean they'll be over one of the maps for the islands. Because there are like 3 or 4 different maps of the islands.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey zel, I know you're not working on the hack yet, but I got a question. When you see the legendary dogs at the burned tower, they'll be scattered all over which map? Since Johto is in place of the islands, does that mean they'll be over one of the maps for the islands. Because there are like 3 or 4 different maps of the islands.

No, they're not scattered on any map. I didn't have the time to investigate a way to make them run away and find them in the wild. There are many troubles with that. I have a poll for that in some days, since I have a cool idea, but people seem to want to find them in the wild... I'll see by the results when I post this poll.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Cool, I'm the first to vote on the poll. But anyway, okay, if you're having troubles with it, do a way that you think is best. I probably said this already, but the second beta was awesome. That's why it won "uber". You got some nice sprites and tiles as well man. I'll be patiently waiting until you start on it again.

flipboi

The Primetime of my Life
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 11, 2010
No, they're not scattered on any map. I didn't have the time to investigate a way to make them run away and find them in the wild. There are many troubles with that. I have a poll for that in some days, since I have a cool idea, but people seem to want to find them in the wild... I'll see by the results when I post this poll.

you know on advanced map? i remember using it and i could choose how much percent
the pkmn will appear.

but idk, i thought it was advanced map, because when i did the fire video, i was like, what the? couldnt i choose when they would appear, because i remember do that. but idk. but if you could do how many percent the pkmn will appear, i would make the dogs like 5 or 10 percent showing up

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 8, 2023
Umm, maybe you should leave them as they are zel, and once the game is completed, you give us the opportunity to verse the leaders again, with updated teams, movesets and higher levels, like in Kanto.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Dunno if I mentioned this before, but congratulations on your hack reaching Uber! Your hack deserves it ;)

...And one more thing, Im not sure if you're aware of it but when Carlos battles you for the first time...he doesn't walk to you....err, maybe thats a bit confusing, Here's a screenshot.

Sorry to bother ya if this glitch has already been reported or sumthin

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
you know on advanced map? i remember using it and i could choose how much percent
the pkmn will appear.

but idk, i thought it was advanced map, because when i did the fire video, i was like, what the? couldnt i choose when they would appear, because i remember do that. but idk. but if you could do how many percent the pkmn will appear, i would make the dogs like 5 or 10 percent showing up

Hmmm... If there's an open window for battling two times against a legendary, I'd think it twice. I'll dig into the scripts to try to get it. But if I can't I'll stick with my idea.

Umm, maybe you should leave them as they are zel, and once the game is completed, you give us the opportunity to verse the leaders again, with updated teams, movesets and higher levels, like in Kanto.

It's a good idea, as long as I have trainer slots... But, I'll see what the poll results are, and decide.

...And one more thing, Im not sure if you're aware of it but when Carlos battles you for the first time...he doesn't walk to you....err, maybe thats a bit confusing, Here's a screenshot.

Yes, DarkArcz, this is classified as the "this NPC or my player goes to somewhere where it shouldnt go after something happened" (even though it's not exactly that), so it's in my "to do" list. But thanks, anyway.

Nothing more for today. Loggin out.

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
I'm glad you're not discontinuing it, zel!
It would be too much of a loss, since you've progressed so far yet ;)
But your own live is more important and you should indeed focus on that!

I've posted this earlier but haven't got a response to it yet, so I'll quote myself:
me said:
And a suggestion: I don't know if it's possible, but can the Pokeballs that contain the starters be switched to a Premier Ball? I mean when you enter a battle and calling your starter out, it shows a Premier Ball instead of a Pokeball. It's pure symbolic, because your starter is the first Pokemon you get and 'premier' means first as well.

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
whaattt!!???

damn, i must be really late but after i heard that you were back...
i logged in as fast as i can..welll......good luck

Years
Hmm.. this glitch, I found, don't know if anyone else found it, but..

Glitch1.jpg

Notice how you push him away so it looks like he disapeared, but in reality, he is invisible!! Btw, If you couldn't get rid of him, you should push him into a tree or something, but not a tree that if you talk to it, it says what Carlos says.. lol

Beta 2 is very nice Zel, keep it up!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
to martijn: Well, I don't know if it is possible to edit the ball your starter is placed. Even now we don't have tutorials on how to do anything, so things are even harder. I'll skip it.

to Razmaster: Weird... I thought I moved... myself... to somewhere safe, but I guess not. I must check it out.

However, hold your list of glitches till I fix the already posted ones, please. You know I still need to wait to December, but fixing the bugs will be my first thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back