The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 10:54 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquancez View Post
Can some one help me?
My script don't work. i have no idee what is wrong:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @talk1 0x6
release
end

#org @talk1
= Heey Tom!\nHet is gelukt\pHier vind je alle andere starters!
Weird it compiles for me in XSE version 1.0.0
I think in the newer versions it'd be:

msgbox @talk
callstd 0x6

I'm not sure, maybe they're both fine :o

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:50 AM
marquancez

i have a other one...

have a pokeball but get a hypno lvl 37 i want a Poliwhirl lvl 25 and i want a waterstone get a wepear berry...
this is my script:
#dynamic 0x800015

#org @start
hidesprite 6
msgbox @talk1
boxset 6
fanfare 0x13e
givepokemon 0x61 0x25 0x97 0x0 0x0 0x0
waitfanfare
setflag 0x1251
release
end

#org @talk1
= \v\h01 krijgt een Poliwhirl

nevermind

Last edited by marquancez; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:20 AM. Reason: other problem
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 07:10 PM
MindMementoX
Rival

Nature: Calm
--SOLVED!--

Hello :D I'd just like to ask something reaaaally quick since I'm tired and I'm about to go to sleep.

So I was waddling in the internet when I got the bright idea of making my pokemon game (which I tried 100 times before but they all ended up in failures...), so I started scripting with XSE thinking it was super easy, and.... nothing worked.

It's pretty much like this: I follow all of the instructions in this tutorial, and I even sometimes copy and paste some scripts to test my problem, but naww, once I save and go test the game out, all of the person events simply just "beep" and do absolutely nothing

This is a great tutorial but my IQ must be way too low to understand how my GODDA-- my treacherous Advance Map and XSE fail to... well, script...?

I use the latest Advance map (duh), Pokemon Emerald, and... what more? Well I just copy pasted the basic message box script from this tutorial to the game and it still just bleeps. Yes, I compiled and everything blah bluh bleh, But something isn't working.

If anyone can help, I appreciate you for your assistance even if it might not solve the problem. Thank you!

PS: Memento, failing in everything since 199... wait what?

*EDIT after almsot closing the web page and going to sleep* And yes, I do know I should've gone to the other pages and F3 for people that have the same problems and not make more trouble posts that have been answered, but c'mon, I'm lazy AND sleepy. There's no worse combination. I did google but since ROM hacking isn't mainstream, google flipped me away and now I'm here. Thank you. Now, if I could get some sleep I'd be really happy... ...

SECOND EDIT: I found the problem. Somehow my XSE was ****ing it up so I changed into the version... 1.11 I believe? I had 1.0.0 so if it's not working for someone and you're using Advance Map 1.92, try this. Heads up for Flareon destiny gold or whatever his name was for the help :D This message can be deleted, I'm just leaving it here so if someone comes on and reads this, it might help them.

Last edited by MindMementoX; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:52 AM.
Old 3 Weeks Ago, 11:03 AM
marquancez

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindMementoX View Post
Hello :D I'd just like to ask something reaaaally quick since I'm tired and I'm about to go to sleep.

So I was waddling in the internet when I got the bright idea of making my pokemon game (which I tried 100 times before but they all ended up in failures...), so I started scripting with XSE thinking it was super easy, and.... nothing worked.

It's pretty much like this: I follow all of the instructions in this tutorial, and I even sometimes copy and paste some scripts to test my problem, but naww, once I save and go test the game out, all of the person events simply just "beep" and do absolutely nothing

This is a great tutorial but my IQ must be way too low to understand how my GODDA-- my treacherous Advance Map and XSE fail to... well, script...?

I use the latest Advance map (duh), Pokemon Emerald, and... what more? Well I just copy pasted the basic message box script from this tutorial to the game and it still just bleeps. Yes, I compiled and everything blah bluh bleh, But something isn't working.

If anyone can help, I appreciate you for your assistance even if it might not solve the problem. Thank you!

PS: Memento, failing in everything since 199... wait what?

*EDIT after almsot closing the web page and going to sleep* And yes, I do know I should've gone to the other pages and F3 for people that have the same problems and not make more trouble posts that have been answered, but c'mon, I'm lazy AND sleepy. There's no worse combination. I did google but since ROM hacking isn't mainstream, google flipped me away and now I'm here. Thank you. Now, if I could get some sleep I'd be really happy... ...
Try a script like this one:

#dynamic 0x800000

#org @script
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @tekst
boxset 6
release
end

#org @tekst
= Tekst
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 09:17 AM
Starfighter Suicune

Quote:
Step 14:
There should be a minimum of three parts to the script: two things with pointers and your script that you made. In the second part, there should be a pointer to your script. Under it, there should be a #raw word 0x(random number). Replace the random number with 0. Compile it and test it out in the game.
Please add to that step that you have to compile everything even if everything looks alright in the decompiled offset.
Because every damn tutorial forgot to mention that and I wasted my time for days -.-"
Old 2 Weeks Ago, 02:02 PM
Magic
DLOA - Please contact Adventure
Community Supporter

The last line says to compile
Old 1 Day Ago, 09:11 AM
Ollie11

Is there any script to check only first Pokemon in the party?
Old 1 Day Ago, 11:06 AM
FBI agent
Imagine something beautiful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie11 View Post
Is there any script to check only first Pokemon in the party?
bufferfirstpokemon 0xBuffer

Press F1 in XSE for more scripting commands.

People whom I thank:
Comrade -- For helping me with my bad hack, and for being a good friend
Darthatron -- Helping me get into basic ASM, even though I'm hopeless. (He is heartless stay away).
Anbuja's_BlooDY -- Graphics help, and being a good friend
FBI -- For having the username I wanted
Old 1 Day Ago, 12:37 PM
Ollie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI agent View Post
bufferfirstpokemon 0xBuffer

Press F1 in XSE for more scripting commands.
Man, this is so simple! Thanks!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links