• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC Game Jam 2: And Make It Double!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
I'll probably participate, but idk if I'll have the time. Oh well, better safe than sorry! I'm in!

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
The Original post has been updated, check it out, it explains what's expected from each entry in better detail! And remember the deadline to enter is ending tonight, so prepare yourselves!

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
A transmission from The Boss:
"Well done on joining in our endeavors - soon our goals will be met, provided you lowly underlings are capable of performing your duties. As a token of my appreciation, I will be offering promotions based on your competence in the field. For the time being, wear our insignia proudly."

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=329942][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/mOrZ2hO.png[/IMG][/url]

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Question: Do we have to wait to start until the 20th?

Edit: Also, after midnight,will I still have the opportunity to change my entry to non-competitive? I have been contemplating whether it should be competitive.

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Technically you can start when you want, you can plan everything out this weekend and start monday, or whatever you want. This weekend is for those few who are wavering or who are on the fence about starting, and it gives the judges some breathing room. as it stands everything is pretty much finalized.

also you have until the deadline to change whether you're entering competitive or just for the gallery, if you have some sort of situation that you aren't sure how things will go this week or something, then just see how it goes, but if you're simply unsure about whether or not to enter, personally I'd say go for it, it's fun and a great way to refine your skills as a Game Dev. The judging will be based around skills that any dev should have and overall it's a lot of fun, and you never know how good things might turn out.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Well, not that the competition has officially started, good luck everyone! This is going to be a tough competition!

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
I do not wish to participate but I was wondering if you would send me a link for all of these just to play for amusement. If you would let me judge I most certainly would but I don't really care. I just want to have some fun.

TBM_Christopher

Semi-pro Game Dev
Years
I do not wish to participate but I was wondering if you would send me a link for all of these just to play for amusement. If you would let me judge I most certainly would but I don't really care. I just want to have some fun.

As with the last jam, all entries will be playable in the end.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I noticed only the top three entries are playable. Is that on purpose or are all of them playable and I'm missing it?

There were only 3 contestants who entered in games, that is why there are only 3 playable games. once the deadline is met, all available games will be available on whatever medium Java chooses. I cannot say that they will be available once they are uploaded to us, because there might still be time for others to finish their entries. But at least 1 day after the deadline all games will be available.

Back