• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Chronicles: Battle of Past.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Small Update

New Team Rocket OW done by me,
2wgtzd1.jpg

And also testing PokeMart Tiles, How do they look? (PokeCenter tiles are placeholders.)
14szinn.jpg
wj73g7.jpg

102jup1.jpg
28qrmhl.jpg

NOTE: PokeMart and PokeCenter are in one building like B/W

Last edited:

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
This looks fairly good for a start up project. I'm really liking the history about your game the most. It's creative. One thing I'd try and work on is grammar. I'm not saying it's bad, but when you release the game and it turns out to be a constant problem people won't like it.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
This looks really good. I really like those see-through pokeballs. Menu looks great, and the OW's look really good too. Letting the story be different per gender is maybe not a smart choice. Maybe let the player choose one of the starting stories?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years

Some new screens and maps :
2psktwn.jpg

Half of Route 1
Spoiler:

The other half
Spoiler:

This looks really good. I really like those see-through pokeballs. Menu looks great, and the OW's look really good too. Letting the story be different per gender is maybe not a smart choice. Maybe let the player choose one of the starting stories?

Well the concept is to enjoy the game in two different journeys so if the gender is same it would be rather boring, but i'll consider your point if everyone feels the same, and the story remains same but with different gender you get separate special events making their journey different.

Last edited:

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Well the concept is to enjoy the game in two different journeys so if the gender is same it would be rather boring, but i'll consider your point if everyone feels the same, and the story remains same but with different gender you get separate special events making their journey different.

Well, gender shouldn't be the defining trait, right? Being of specific gender shouldn't dictate what happens to you. Although I confess that's overly political correct statement for a fangame, haha.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
It's a very interesting, and intruging concept to have a different story based on gender. What may be a more straight forward approach, yet still what you want, is have the chracters be actual people in the game, IE, what R,S,E did, but better. Have one Main story, with 2 arcs in it, one where the Male is doing something, but at the same time, the female is off doing her own thing. It would make sense chronologically speaking, as you are playing as each character, and the opposite gender character would be off doing their own thing while you are doing your own thing. The problem that lies in that would be the player getting lost in the story, and not connecting to the player character.

But rather than having 2 different stories, it would be very interesting to see a game with 1 story, but two sides of it, if you will.

Just a thought.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
It's a very interesting, and intruging concept to have a different story based on gender. What may be a more straight forward approach, yet still what you want, is have the chracters be actual people in the game, IE, what R,S,E did, but better. Have one Main story, with 2 arcs in it, one where the Male is doing something, but at the same time, the female is off doing her own thing. It would make sense chronologically speaking, as you are playing as each character, and the opposite gender character would be off doing their own thing while you are doing your own thing. The problem that lies in that would be the player getting lost in the story, and not connecting to the player character.

But rather than having 2 different stories, it would be very interesting to see a game with 1 story, but two sides of it, if you will.

Just a thought.

Yep, its experiencing two sides of a one great adventure ^^

Last edited:

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
Well I love the history part. The only thing is I agree with the above comments. I feel that you should maybe have something like a question to decide where you start as oppose to gender. It doesn't really bother me because I would just replay as a female but I know it would bother other people.

If you need it I may not be the best but I could help with the grammar some. At least temporarily. If you pm me we can talk about it more.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Well I love the history part. The only thing is I agree with the above comments. I feel that you should maybe have something like a question to decide where you start as oppose to gender. It doesn't really bother me because I would just replay as a female but I know it would bother other people.

If you need it I may not be the best but I could help with the grammar some. At least temporarily. If you pm me we can talk about it more.

Its easier said than done, making choices where to start the game for each requires many switches and it maybe not possible to have a neat story-line by doing that :(

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Okay its been a week since i posted an update, its because i was working on this battle background and boxes (Its watermarked 'cuz i don't want anyone using them, lots of scratch-work to complete it):
4kwnck.jpg
Credits to WesleyFG for some of the grasses, the rest is made by me.
Also a preview to how the school will look (Don't steal! I'll cook you and feed them pokemons if u dare!)
Spoiler:

Credits to Seiyouh and Zeo for tiles but i edited them so they are mine not for public use.
EDIT:
A more bolder look at the male protagonist: (also showing how much i suck at spriting fire)
2h2ioif.jpg
Again credits to Seiyouh for palletes.

Last edited:

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Wow i must say nice game i really like the custom sprites and the history is so cool i cant wait for the story ive always liked a new region cause it gives u a fresh start. I dont agree with the dual story with the same gender ive seen other games where there is 2 stories and theres usually 2 males and 2 females 1 make and 1 female follow each story. What would be cool though if u really like the different story is have them meat at the end some kinda of interaction(Of coarse battle) keep up the great work and let me know if u need any advice I'll be sure to watch this thread :)

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Wow i must say nice game i really like the custom sprites and the history is so cool i cant wait for the story ive always liked a new region cause it gives u a fresh start. I dont agree with the dual story with the same gender ive seen other games where there is 2 stories and theres usually 2 males and 2 females 1 make and 1 female follow each story.

Well lots of people have misunderstood this part, the story in one, but with two sides of experiencing it with the genders, not much difference between both of these story arcs and the ending would be connected ^^

What would be cool though if u really like the different story is have them meet at the end some kinda of interaction(Of coarse battle) keep up the great work and let me know if u need any advice I'll be sure to watch this thread :)

That is what i am planning to do, not really a battle though. But thanks for your feedback ^^

Also a preview of Pokemon Center ^^ (Nurse OW not done yet T.T, not an actual map)
ifz61k.jpg

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
Wow nice pokemon center thats what i love about custom made graphics they alway look better! :)

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
Wow nice pokemon center thats what i love about custom made graphics they alway look better! :)
Thanks, i hope the tiles will match with the OW's :/
Anyways Speech-Bubble System is wrapped ^^ :
15zrtxt.jpg

I know it has grammar mistakes, but walah! Its just a preview!
Also it would be great if someone could help me sprite the OW's and battle sprites of trainers, PM me if you're interested!

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
wow the bubble text looks great I like it a lot and nice sprites btw :)

Dedenne1

Years
I wanna see more of ur game, u have done a great job with that bubble speech boxes. <3

Ik i cant wait for the demo

Btw for the names if u havent come up with any maybe lily and T.J. I like the abbreviation and if u dont like lily maybe hmmmm Taylor, Melanie, April! Any of those would work just brain storming. ;)

Back