• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Visual Basic 6.0 HEX Editing Functions - For Hacking ROMs.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
Years
I'm using Visual Basic 2008 Express edition, does anyone know how to create a ROM Hacking tool in this program?

It is possible, but some of the commands in 2008 are different to VB6. Your best bet is to do a google search for VB6. It's around somewhere. Then you can open up sources that come with programs to see what meakes 'em tick!:D

Years
  • Seen May 14, 2010
Thanks very much for the tutorial darthatron,it helped to me a lot.
I hope you will do more interesting tutorials like this one : D

Bye!

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
whats the code to copy large amount of hex data, say for example. From offset &H800000 to &H800500, after copying those, paste at &H900000 to &H900500. Which is basically copy and paste. So whats the code?:P

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
whats the code to copy large amount of hex data, say for example. From offset &H800000 to &H800500, after copying those, paste at &H900000 to &H900500. Which is basically copy and paste. So whats the code?:P

Code:
WriteHex LoadedROM, CLng("&H800000"), ReadHEX(LoadedROM, CLng("&H900000"), CLng("&H500"))

That should work, however I didn't test it. :)

cloudffvii2696

hmmm...What should I put here?
Years
augh, i broke my rom... I think it had to do with the code i typed in...
i would ask somebody what i typed wrong, but i file shredded those files out of anger...
or is it cus i was dumb and used a leaf green rom?

yessss 15 posts! now i can start my thread!

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
How do I install it?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Download it, then open the Install file..?

augh, i broke my rom... I think it had to do with the code i typed in...
i would ask somebody what i typed wrong, but i file shredded those files out of anger...
or is it cus i was dumb and used a leaf green rom?

yessss 15 posts! now i can start my thread!

If you didn't change the offsets, it's because your dumb. :) If possible try and show me your code and I'll see if I can fix it?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
I download what ZDG post here, what should i install..?the file name..?

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
I download what ZDG post here, what should i install..?the file name..?

try the setup 1st then acmboot(something like that) if not acmboot then setup, honestly you should try first - wont damage your pc, or check the readme:shocked:

Years
Text Editing, in games with the text right infront?

Once agian i need your wonderfull help. As you might Know I'm making md tool, But then i need to ask you, About Text Editing?
How could i make a Text editor, so i go load the text from the text part (Not hex) And then show, and you will be able to rewrite and save it.. Mainly My ask, is How does i make it as it only loads the part with the text i want to use, and not any thing else?
I can not just load all the text into a richtextbox.
Does you know how? (Sorry if it don't belong here...)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
Once agian i need your wonderfull help. As you might Know I'm making md tool, But then i need to ask you, About Text Editing?
How could i make a Text editor, so i go load the text from the text part (Not hex) And then show, and you will be able to rewrite and save it.. Mainly My ask, is How does i make it as it only loads the part with the text i want to use, and not any thing else?
I can not just load all the text into a richtextbox.
Does you know how? (Sorry if it don't belong here...)

I'll write you up a Function and send it to you on MSN, and if you like I can explain what everything means. Tommorow, I'm going to bed now, BYE!!!!!

Back