• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [IC]

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
Mauville City

Shadow watched the Caerulus tribe like a hawk... one aggressive movement would cause him to attack, he heard movement behind him but ignored it... for the most part. as he watched the Caerulus tribe he saw a Dragonair coiled up next to another pokemon... he thought that rather odd, but decided to determine what was going on behind him, he glanced back and saw Penance moving next to the Gardevoir from earlier. Shadow took a few steps back untill he was standing next to Penance

"So... Penance..." he started, "what has that mind of your's concocted today?" Shadow's eyes never left those two, the lead and the Blaziken... he thought for a moment... we are going to slaughter ourselves here! but he managed to hold his tongue and simply think it.

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
As Sigil listened he learned of the two tribes, their names and types, how they have fought since the beginning and how their lives were spent in constant war. He listened as the leaders rambled on and on. As he adjusted his dress he pondered with which tribe he would go with once this ended. The Caerulus tribe or the Ruber. As he looked at the crowd it became clear that the Caerulus had more psychic types than the Ruber did, but that only complicated things.
Does this mean that if he entered the Caerulus tribe he would be easily picked off as a fake, due to the likely-hood of his mind being read? Does this mean that if he entered the Ruber tribe he would be automatically be of suspicion? As he watched the tensions mount he would definitely need to figure it out for future planning and research. A realization hit him before any decision did. How does he know his mind wasn't being read RIGHT NOW?

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Kip, Trevalyn, Nicolas
Route 110

"What?!" Aecor cried, surprise clearly in his face. Usually the one who anticipates all sort of scenarios before they even happen, this one caught him completely off guard. "Do you even realize what you're saying? A wrong move here, and we'll be thrust into a completely different war here, Adamantius!"

Adam remained unmoved. He maintained his cold, steely expression and replied, "Do I look like one who backs out of a war, Aecor?" One could cut the tension with a knife. Tray, himself shocked at Adam's sudden turnabout took a moment to collect his thoughts then rushed up to him.

"What have you done, Adam? What did I tell you?!" Tray furiously whispered into Adam's ear. Adam simply decided to ignore his second in command entirely.

"I refuse to ever accept help from you fools. Anybody, whether it be you or the humans, shall be struck down if you get in my way." Silence for a few moments. Kip crept up to Aecor himself, trying to read his expression and predict his next action. The horror was now gone, and his usual calm, composed self was now back.

"What do we do now, Aecor? This is bad..." Kip said nervously. He realized the gravity of the situation, and the scale simply scared him. He knew there was only one person who could stand up in such politically charged situations and that very Pokemon was now taking a step towards Adam.

"Adam, let me remind you that--"

BANG

A flash from some bushes off in the north of the meeting point. A fast moving object rapidly approaches Aecor, hits him right in the head and passes clean through, leaving nothing but a puff of blood and a hole in the head of the leader. Aecor collapsed onto the ground, not moving anymore.

For a moment, not a single soul moves. Everybody entirely shocked with what happened so fast. Kip rushed forward to the aid of his beloved leader, and crouched next to him, tears already forming in his eyes despite being unsure of what just happened.

"Aecor! Aecor! Are you okay?!" Still no movement. Kip nudged the limp body, and could feel no heartbeat or breath. Aecor's lifeless eyes were still wide open in a mixture of surprise and anger. He was gone. Just like that, the loved leader of the Ruber tribe was now gone.

"All hail humans!" Yelled a being now emerging from the source of the killer object. All eyes turned towards the being, and the shape finally registered. A human.

"****! Clarke! What the hell have you done?!" Nicolas yelled, taken aback by the man suddenly shooting one of the Pokemon in the field.

"A human?! What the hell!?" Tray yelled. He immediately prepared a fireball and launched it at the assassin, which instantly hit him on the chest. The man dropped down on the ground, flailing his limbs in an attempt to douse the flames licking away at his skin.

"It was a trap all along!" Kip yelled at his tribe members. "Prepare for battle! Kill every single opponent in sight!"

Adam simply grinned to himself. "War. DESTROY ALL RUBER TRIBE SCUM AND THE HUMANS!"

Nicolas simply looked on helplessly at Clarke's burning body. After screwing up the mission so badly, he simply couldn't get himself to helping him out, even though it weighed heavily on his mind. He instead yelled at his two squad members, "Hold this position! No matter what happens, do not let the Pokemon through!"

"S***... Come in, Slateport! We got a situation here! Get some backup to Route 110, huge Pokemon attack!"

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Sigil sat in place, horrified as to what had happened. His thoughts no longer sat with whom he needed to choose with, he just needed to find a safe-haven. Somewhere to hide away from the three enraged parties before he was killed or exposed. Pokemon surged on each side of him, each getting at each-others throats, pushing and shoving him back and forth, he prayed for an exit; a Pokemon that was also running and would let him follow, hopefully solving both of his problems in one swoop. He looked around and dodged fireballs, water bursts, psychic blasts, bites, scratches, icicles, bullets, vines, and electric pulses in an attempt to get out of the large crowd.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
Mauville City

Shadow listened carefully to the conversation, nothing told him to attack so he simply stood ready... but all the preparation in the world could not prepare him for what happened next. Aecor was killed by a human! Kip gave an attack order as did Adam. the blaziken killed the one who killed Aecor and then everything broke into chaos. Shadow launched a shadow ball at Adam and then threw one of his ice bombs at him. he then charged at a human private nearby he brought out his Frost dagger and stabbed the human in the chest. he then pulled his dagger out of the human's chest and jumped out of the way to observe what was going on.

Swordsman had charged at Adam and was dueling to him, Juggernaut was bombarding both sides ( the humans and the Caerulus tribe with ice missiles, giant chunks of exploading ice that when it hits explode launching smaller chunks of ice in every direction.) Quake was launching large shots of water at the Caerulus tribe and then he unleashed an earthquake, Disaster charged at the humans and engaged with the nearest human.

Shadow returned to fighting and threw some more ice bombs in the directions of both enemy groups. the bombs exploded throwing ice everywhere. and causing injury.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
General Mikkelson
Slateport City

"Justification, Sir. I need to know why we're at war. I need solid facts and hard evidence that this is a good cause to be fighting for - not that this Grahams' death was just an excuse for a domination campaign. Any war causes the loss of innocent lives, and I will not have their blood on my hands - and I'll try and make damn sure it's not on anyone else's, either. Humans and Pokémon alike. Sir."

Turnip paused for a little while to let the statement sink in.

"And, uh, if you could get me clearance for a good sniper rifle, too, then that'd be great, thanks."

" Hmm.. interesting, a soldier with an innocent conscience, impressive. Very well, I will reveal what I can of the truths of this war to you," Mikkelson began,

" In the months leading up to the assassination of Alexander Grahams, the Pokemon forces were gathering to the north of us. The reason of this, the ultimatum handed over by the Human Republic negotiation party. I won't go over the ultimatum, to save time. This ultimatum angered the Pokemon, and is likely the reason for the mobilization. I do not know the true motive, as the pokespeak doesn't let us read their minds. The Pokemon refused to give in to Grahams' terms, and presented a rebuttal, which was for the humans to leave this land forever. Grahams refused, and stood his ground. That exchange happened four days before Grahams' assassination. To tell you the truth, Grahams' had planned a war before he died, so you can't blame me either," Mikkelson stated, hoping that this answer would please the persistent private. (Alliteration, F*** YEA)

" Now, for the sniper," Mikkelson began before he was interrupted.

"S***... Come in, Slateport! We got a situation here! Get some backup to Route 110, huge Pokemon attack!" blared through Mikkelson's radio. In turn, Mikkelson went over to his central radio, and ordered,

" All mobile military personnel gather at Delta Camp to the North of the City, I repeat, gather at Delta Camp this is not a drill!"

Mikkelson opened his gunsafe, and grabbed his G36, revolver, smoke grenades, combat knife and grappling hook. Mikkelson headed for the door, but before he left, he looked at the private and said,

" Private, you have been assigned to my guard on a temporary basis, do well enough, you'll be rewarded quite handsomely!"

Mikkelson headed out to his jeep, and got in the driver's seat, and waited for the private to get in before heading out.

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
Slateport City

"Hmm.. interesting, a soldier with an innocent conscience, impressive. Very well, I will reveal what I can of the truths of this war to you," Mikkelson began,

Wait, what? Turnip was a little surprised, Everything went better than expected.

The General continued, explaining his view on the conflict. It brought several things to light, but the most important revelation seemed to be not so much in what Mikkelson revealed, but what he didn't, or rather couldn't reveal. It seemed Mikkelson, despite being in command of the HR, wasn't as involved in its back story. The right person to ask, really, was indeed Nicolas - and Turnip had already passed up that chance.

"Dammit..." Turnip muttered under his breath.

Mikkelson interrupted his disappointment, "Now, for the sniper,"

Oh well. Swings and roundabouts. Turnip thought. True, he'd missed his chance at real answers, but on the other hand - sniper rifles. He supposed he could live with waiting.

Suddenly, something blasted through Mikkelson's radio. Shouting, something about an attack, cursing, background screaming - whatever it was, it didn't sound too good. The General barked a few orders down the radio at his end, then proceeded to arm himself.

Turnip had pulled out his AK without even realising it, "Something wrong, Sir?" He didn't even really need an answer to know he was correct. Mikkelson began ordering him, now.

"Private, you have been assigned to my guard on a temporary basis, do well enough, you'll be rewarded quite handsomely!"

Turnip sighed. He didn't suppose he really had a choice. At any rate, it seemed most of the people in this place weren't really involved in the reason, just in the... doing. Still, whatever any of these justifications could have been, from what he'd gathered, no party was truly innocent. It was the people behind them who were the innocent ones, and hopefully those few wouldn't be on the front lines. Hopefully.

Still, the present objective he was being assigned was to guard Mikkelson. A pretty passive role, he could deal with it. The General didn't exactly seem a bad man, after all.

"Right behind you."

They headed out, down through the stairs, passing the receptionists. He called out to them not to forget the forms next time, which provoked a little response - he ignored it, of course. They took a different exit from the way they came in, Mikkelson getting in the driver's seat of his jeep. Turnip re-secured his AK to his back, then followed suit.

He noticed the direction they were heading in, "You know I saw a shipment delivering sniper rifles some way up here." He pulled out his Desert Eagle and began to check it over nonchalantly, "Wouldn't be difficult to stop off for a while if we see it."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance Malum - The Meeting/I knew it!

It seemed that Aecor wasn't having his work cut out for him. Adam was just not going with whatever plan Aecor had and... Penance saw this coming. At least in several scenarios he would plan out he saw Aecor summoning them here simply to kill them. Yet... it was also a bit saddening. Yeah, Aecor no doubt put ALL of his thought into whatever he wanted to do, but it didn't matter now. Now Penance saw this meeting going several different ways. Either the two tribes would go full force at each other, try to kill the other's leader and slowly whittle the other tribe to nothing, they could still try to get peace but at a very huge disadvantage now with the Caelrus probably asking for something good, or... nothing could happen. Both sides go back to where they came from and this meeting would be a waste of time. Still, as Penance made his way through the crowd he was a bit happy that his thoughts on humans arriving didn't come true. That would have been a disaster right then and the-

What happened next was... well, to tell the truth yet again, wasn't very shocking to the Golduck. He had no idea how many times he had planned for this. How the tribe should act when their leader was eventually killed. Yes, he knew Aecor would be targeted because as he theorized before, with the loss of the Kingdra then there would be a great loss of morale in his tribe. Now Kip had taken up the power and was calling for an attack!

"You fool! We need to retreat now! Low morale and anger leads to mistakes you idiot!" He shouted out from the crowd, but he was barely heard over the roar of the other pokmeon as they went forth to kill the humans and the other tribe. Damn it! The humans had shown behavior in the past that they could get more of their soldiers here quickly! In fact he was certain that several more would show up, not to mention those flying things they controlled! They would be slaughtered! And with his stupid dark type immunity he couldn't call to his mind!

Alicia, we are leaving! Forget the Blaziken! It's not worth it! The humans will be coming soon with more reinforcements as they have shown in the past! We'll be slaughtered! Get ready to port and I'll be heading over there! Keep safe!

Penance made his way through the crowd. Where he was was made up of his tribe, but he could see fire types and what not breaking through the ranks and getting through! He threw some Water Pulses here and there, still trying to get through the tight crowd. At this rate they would be ripe for the slaughter!

Alicia if I can't make it to you try and take as many soldiers as you can! Get to the island and tell what happened! Don't worry about me, I'll get back into the ocean, just don't let those humans kill you!

He kept on making his slow progress to her, though he had to pause here and there to fight off some of the more 'passionate' Caerulus soldiers. There was one bothersome Marowak that kept trying to bash his head in with his bone and Penance grabbed hold of him and pushed a Water Pulse right into his mouth, watching his movements slow down as the water filled his lungs... then stopped. This was as good as it was going to get.

Alicia! Meet up with me! We have a prisoner!

He gripped onto the weary Marowak and pulled him along. Oh yes this was going to be good! A light from this cruel darkness!

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
282MS.png
Alicia – The Meeting

At one point, Alicia was simply watching the meeting worriedly, her eyes flicking between the Blaziken and the two heads of the tribes, keeping Penance's plan in mind. And then suddenly, in the moments that followed, everything was as if it happened in slow-motion. She heard a loud 'bang', like the crack from a thunderstrike. Next, she saw in gruesome detail as blood spurted out of the back of Aecor's head and his wide, surprised, dead eyes as he fell over backwards in the middle of a sentence, and someone shouting out off to the side.

The entire area was quiet for a few moments before everything erupted into chaos. Shouting, crying, screaming and within long, the sounds of various attacks from each group of Pokémon blasting back and forth, of all kinds of elements. Meanwhile, Alicia was completely frozen in place, eyes wide as she simply stared towards the fallen Aecor while attacks flew to and fro, Pokémon attacking one another up close.

If it hadn't been for Penance contacting her via their psychic connection, Alicia would've simply stared blankly ahead of herself, completely lost in the fear and terror of what had just happened and was going on. She did, however, snap out of it thanks to her friend, stumbling back, away from the fighting before managing to boost the connection between the two of them to reply to him.

"A-alright! I'll get ready!"

Alicia did what she could to keep those around her up to health using her Heal Pulse, sending out pulses of psychic, healing energy to those around her, though she made sure to keep the pulses controlled, to prevent herself from losing too much energy. She grit her teeth slightly at the lightning, fire, water, rocks and everything else being flung around, especially as Penance contacted her again, giving her a worst-case scenario plan. Her head turned to try and spot him in the midst of all of the moving bodies, without much luck.

She took in a deep breath of air and collected her hands in front of her, closing her eyes. A shiver went through her as she accessed the deepest recess of her mind, activating her psychic abilities, her eyes opening again, a purple tint to them. She moved her arms up, grasping several boulders having been thrown by the enemy tribe with her powers before lobbing them straight back at them, retaliating to the attacks by pushing and throwing Pokémon around, while staying behind a good line of fighters of her own tribe, though keeping her attacks slow and methodical.

As Penance contacted her again, her eyes widened and she broke off her attacks, turning her head in the direction where she had felt him contact her from, a sort of pinpointed location. Spotting Penance with a Marowak, dragging him towards her. She began moving towards him, but paused, looking back at the remaining Pokémon of their tribe fighting for their lives. She hesitated, worried about how many would die if she ran off with Penance. It only lasted a few moments, however. She had learned early on to trust Penance, and to believe in him and his plans, which, more often than not, proved to be spot on.

Taking a deep breath and a decision, she pushed her way towards him, and soon reached him, giving him a weary, panicked look. "I can't focus much right now, so cross your fingers!" She shouted over the insanely loud shouting and fighting, as she grabbed onto Penance's arm, shutting her eyes. Her hair raised up for just a moment before falling down again, as if a breeze had hit her, expanding her psychic touch to the Marowak and Penance, besides herself, and after a second of standing still, the three of them disappeared with just a little 'pop'.

A second of complete darkness later, the three of them appeared on the beach of a small island far off the coast of Slateport. It was almost completely silent, save for the Wingulls' screeching overhead and the gentle lapping of the waves. Alicia let go of Penance and stumbled a little back, having used quite a lot of energy in the fight, causing her to pant for air while looking around them.

"It… it seems safe enough. Oh gods, how could this have happened…? What're we going to do now, Penance?"

She turned to him with wide, frightened eyes, clearly unsure of their situation.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jacob continued to watch the Pokemon as they discussed something. He had begun to wonder how "human" these creatures were. His knowledge of them was limited and if the propaganda was to be believed they were primitive creatures with very simple intelligence for the most part. They were driven by basic instincts with no real emotions to influence their judgment, or so he had read. At this point, he seriously doubted much of this information was correct, and he guessed the Pokemon were more intelligent than all the pro war propaganda would want one to believe. It appeared he would have to look into this personally since he would likely get more biased answers instead of the truth from Human Republic personnel, or just get unreliable military intelligence. Jacob's train of thought about the Pokemon was interrupted by the unmistaken able sound of the firing of a rifle.

A water dragon pokemon fell to the ground dead, the side of its head blown open from a high powered rifle round. There was a second of ghostly silence before the storm. The first voice heard was clearly a human's since Jacob's translator didn't emit its metallic tinted translation into his ear. Jacob looked for the man's location but his line of sight was blocked by some primitive huts. The silence ended as suddenly as it began as all the Pokemon started to attack each other. With the proximity of the two Pokemon factions the battle quickly turned into a close range blood bath. The Pokemon who were closest to their enemies didn't last long as they were the targets of the first flurry of attacks. Jacob could also pick out the sound of weapons fire as the scout team joined the fight, but he was unable to see where his "allies" were located.
Jacob wondered if the other scouts were smart enough to retreat, but he honestly doubted their leader Nick had the common sense to run. Likely the only one with any real grip on the situation and what needed to be done was Damien. However Damien would likely stand to fight with the other idiots out of loyalty, but Jacob would give him the best opening he could so the man could retreat as needed. Jacob quickly grabbed up his equipment and slipped out the back of his hiding spot. He had told Damien he would have his back, and while then he hadn't originally planned to keep his word, Jacob decided to risk his life to assist the other man despite the risk. Jacob kept low and moved quickly to re establish visual contact with the other humans while pushing further into the forest and away from the Pokemon fighting.

Jacob saw his opening and let his feet slid out from under him and across the ground followed quickly by his rear end hitting the ground. The minor pain was easy for Jacob to ignore as he brought his rifle up to a firing position with his right cheek feeling the cold reassuring touch of metal. Already several Pokemon were converging on the other humans' position that Jacob was able to pick out thanks to the muzzle flashes and fiery red tracer rounds. His quick slide to the ground allowed Jacob to get into a suitable firing position with enough stability for an accurate shot.

Jacob's breathing had suddenly become shallow as he picked his target: a dive bombing bird Pokemon that had a large crest on its head that was tipped in a blood red color. His mind focused on the task at the hand and it emptied of all distractions focusing solely on the the art of the kill. 'Slight wind from the east… about 2 knots… target in high speed dive…' thought Jacob as his well trained mind recalculated his aim point. With a quick glance at range finder readout on the bottom of his scope to confirm his estimation Jacob had calculated where he needed to point his weapon for the kill shot. Adrenaline pumped through his veins causing the world around him to slow to a crawl as he set up for the kill. Jacob's finger tightened on the trigger telling his rifle it was time to whisper death.
Jacob felt the slight recoil of his rifle as the hammer struck the special made bullet's casing, igniting the gunpowder that sent the metal projectile toward its victim. A faint whisper and a tiny puff of smoke is all that made it past the silencer as the bullet exited the rifle's barrel. The custom bullet extended its tiny stabilizing fins, Jacob's secret weapon to give him unparallel accuracy at long range, as it silently soared toward a point in the air the bird's head would occupy when the bullet reached it. The bullet found its victim's head just behind the creature's left red eye. The flying pokemon was killed instantly and its body went limp as it crashed to the ground, two feet away from its own intended victim.

Jacob's adrenaline continued to pump as he lined up for another shot, this time a large otter like creature with some yellow thing around its neck that was charging at Damien and Nick's position. Once again his rifle whispered as it spat death, and once again the bullet found the target's head causing its life to instantly end. A small yellow mouse, that was unleashing a volley of lightning bolts onto the human's position, was silenced next. Jacob fired two more rounds and ended the lives of two others before his weapon's clip ran out of bullets.

Snatching out the used clip and snapping in a second one Jacob thought, 'move it you idiots I don't have much ammunition and my firing position isn't very safe. If you don't fall back now I will be unable to cover you.' Jacob was laying low to the ground at this point and a decent distance from the main fighting, but if something got close he would be easily spotted. While most of his focus was on his targets, after every shot he would reassess his surroundings for danger. The longer he was out here the more paranoid he was getting that he would be spotted. Damien needed to move now...

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Damien Pierce
Front lines

Damien scoped in on the center of the meeting trying to pick up what was being said. He couldn't make out much from where he was, and he didn't want to risk getting closer... He watched them bicker, a fight just waiting to happen... someone just needed to start it...

Damien shifted his scope to where Nick and the other officer were. As if right on que, Clarke started running towards the meeting, raising his rifle. "Mother fu--" Damien attempted to say, but was cut off by the loud crack of a good rifle.

Chaos ensued... Damien hoped up mumbling "Sh!t sh! sh!t Sh!t, this is not good!". He sprinted behind a large rock and hope no one saw him. He pulled out his clip from his 416, making sure it was full before shoving it back in the rifle. He peeked around the rock slowly. No one was sprinting up the hill... yet...

Damien started to formulate a plan. He needed to get over to Jacob, then they both could make there way back to Nick, they would have a better chance of surviving this massacre that way.

He peeked around the rock again to see something take a round to the neck and the bullet ricochet off the boulder. Damien jerked back when he heard the bullet bounce. He gave a quick wave to Jacob, who obviously shot, to let him know he was ok, then put his ruck on and ran back into the forest as quickly as possible.

A few pokemon who deserted the main battle were hiding out there. The ones that didn't run away and decided he would be easier to take down were sorely mistaken. He easily dispatched them with a quick burst of rifle fire to the chest. "Chose the wrong guy to f**k with!" He yelled at the corpses and any pokemon hiding around him. He started to jog around the meeting place to get to Jacob, trying to be as stealthy as possible. All 3 of them needed to get the hell out of there ASAP though, so he tried to balance stealth and speed.

When he finally got over to Jacob, he ducked down next to him and tapped him on the shoulder to let him know he was there.

"It's Damien. You saved my ass man." He said. Damien stood up and offered a hand to help him up. "Seems like you got a nice setup and all, but we need to get back to Nick. There is a nice hill with a view of this place right behind were we came in that's forested. We should try to get there, no?"

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
the meeting

Shadow and his team continued fighting valiantly, fighting both the other tribe and the Humans. It was apparent that they were being over run by the other tribe and a Tactical retreat was well needed...

before he could give the order to his team... and the advice to Kip, he heard Quake cry out in pain, then collapse to the ground... dead. then Silver wind who was throwing ice bombs everywhere, was killed... then Juggernaut was found and killed...

That left only Swordsman, who was still fighting Adam, although wounded; Disaster and Shadow himself were still alive.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance and Alicia - Starting a surprise

Penance sighed in relief as they appeared on an island and he dropped the unconscious Marowak onto the sand. "Okay.. first off, I need to do this." He made his way to the shore line and stood there for a bit before he suddenly doubled over and let his breakfast make its way out. He coughed and sputtered for a bit before he rose back up and sighed in relief. "Okay... much better. Sorry about that." He said as he wiped off any leftover reside on his bill.

He frowned and closed his eyes, concentrating a bit as he went over all the various plans he could think of off the top of his head. He knew there were plans where if Aecor went down another would be in charge, if just for a bit, but there was chaos over there! He couldn't personally connect to each and every mind of his tribe and ask them to stop or retreat. Now emotions were in control over there. They would keep fighting until Aecor's death was paid for in full.

"Alicia, we need to get behind the other tribe... somehow. We ned to port behind them and begin to take them out, make them think some of our soldiers are now flanking them. That will divide their attention and cause the soldiers to swarm in easier. I have an idea. I'll be making multiple Water Pulses once we port over there. You're job is to hold them with your psychic powers and on my command send them out almost as if we have multiple water types attacking. That can confuse the forces and lead to us getting some ground on them! Maybe even make them retreat and lead to our tribe getting out before the humans come with their flying devices. What do you think?"

Alicia had turned around at the sight of Penance throwing up all over the beach, covering her mouth with her hand. A few tears were stuck in the corners of her eyes, even as she turned back to Penance, breathing heavily and quickly, a hand moving up to brush a stray strand of hair out of her face.

"G-get behind them and attack them? No! We can't, if we go back there, they.. they're just going to fight even harder! Didn't you see them back there, Penance? They were completely feral! Both our sides! It was nothing but a massacre and you want to go back?! No, no no no..."

She trailed off, raising her hands to rest her head in them, taking deep, shallow breaths, clearly both confused, frightened and panicked by the recent events.

Penance sighed as he saw her slowly breaking down and came up to her, holding her sofly. "Hey hey... easy there. Alicia, I need you to calm down okay? Take a few deep breaths, throw up if you have to. It was a terrible sight, I know. I always planned for it... but never knew if this would really happen. Aecor is dead... there is nothing we can do to change that now, but what we can do is fight to curb the violence. Here is what is going to happen Alicia, these two sides will fight. They will fight furiously and all the while more and more will die. As this fighting drags on those humans will come and enact a massive massacre. Alice... if we don't help at least one side stop and end the fighting then it'll only get worse. You have to listen and trust me with this."

He sighed a bit, "Alicia, it is scary, yes I know, but this is life. This is what will happen if we let this go too far. And... I can't let that happen. I could never stand by and watch my friends, my allies dying while I am not there. You must understand that. If at the very least port me over there and stay here. Please."

Alicia kept her face hidden behind her soft-looking, white hands as she was held by Penance, unmoving for a long, long time. After several minutes of her breath slowly calming down, she removed her eyes, looking unsure and shaky, but at the same time, her eyes had a weird spark of determination to them as she looked down at Penance.

"... I... this is too much. Too much for any one person to handle. If it hadn't been for you, I would've been struck down while off in my own little world back there. I don't... I don't want to go back there, but at the same time... I have to. If not for our allies who're dying... then for you." She swallowed deeply and nodded her head.

"Alright. I'm... with you. I believe in your plan, like I always have. What do we do with the Marowak in the meantime, though..?"

Penance smiled and held her hand. "Then we'll go and we'll be able to help the others! We'll lead those others to victory and beat down those that dared to kill Aecor!" He glanced at the ground type. "Well we are on an island. I managed to knock him out so that will make certain he'll stay here for a bit, and also the fact that he's on an island, he's not going anywhere anytime soon. He'll be stuck here so for now we'll keep him here. Once we're done wtih the others and retreating, we'll grab him and take him along for the ride."

Alicia nodded lightly and took a deep breath, looking back to Penance from the Marowak. "Right. I... suppose I'm as ready as can be. Behind their lines, freeze your attacks in place, let them loose when you tell to, got it. What about afterwards..?"

He smiled, "We port. So I'll put the Pulses up, you hold as many as you can, shoot them every so often and then we port out, probably back here so that we can wait a bit and gather your energy so we can head back when the rest come home."
Alicia nodded and gave a shaky kind of smile. Even if this was close to a suicide mission, at least it was with Penance. She took a deep breath and shut her eyes, resting her hands on Penance's arms. Her hair billowed for just a moment before the two of them disappeared from sight, and a moment later, reappeared in between a bunch of trees. Not too far off, the sounds of fighting were raging and Alicia took a deep breath to steady herself again, biting her lower lip worriedly. "... Alright. Let's do it."

Penance smiled at her, "Thank you Alicia." He readied a pulse in mid air and quickly set it there, hoping for Alicia to hold it in place as he began to work on making other pulses. "Just keep them steady, and on my signal send out... three at a time. That should be enough to make them think there are some soldiers here that are constantly sending out attacks." He nodded as he made a few more, not that many but enough to distract the opposing army for a bit. "Whenever you are ready, send them out." He stated with a brisk nod.

Last edited:

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jacob King
Outside Mauville

Jacob was surprised to see Damien moving toward him instead of retreating, but that surprise turned to anger once he realized Damien was coming to him. Damien's show of machoism after blowing away a few Pokemon by yelling at whoever could hear him did not impress Jacob one bit. As soon as Damien turned toward Jacob and started to move stealthily a small Pokemon came out of its hiding spot. It looked almost like a little human girl with its overall body shape and hair almost imitating pig tails. Its red colored eyes were filled with tears as its body began to glow a faint purple color as it lifted several objects around it.

Its appearance made Jacob hesitate for a split second but not long enough to allow the almost human like Pokemon to unleash its attack on the unaware Damien. Jacob's rifle round ended its life swiftly and silently just as it began to launch a salvo of rocks and sharp sticks after Damien. Suddenly everything changed around Jacob to a hazy image of the past, but before Jacob could get a good view of the new image in front of him Damien touched his shoulder and brought him back to the present.

Jacob took a second after Damien addressed him to collect his mind before he stood up on his own. Jacob's face showed none of his emotions, but Jacob did not accept Damien's hand to help himself up which was a message in itself. Looking directly into Damien's eyes with his own cold stare Jacob said in a calm voice, "If it was a good "set up" you would not have found me… and why didn't you retreat with Nick instead of coming over here, exposing me, and leaving Nick alone? Either way it doesn't matter I gave you two a chance to retreat. I'm not here to hold your hand and guide you away from danger while saying how it's all going to be ok."

Jacob turned around and said, "Don't follow me Damien. I work alone." He then proceeded to walk off. He moved with purpose and stealth in a direction away from Damien and Nick. Jacob wanted to continue his observation of the battle field and search for those he planned to target. Suddenly everything around him changed as his mind relapsed into a hallucination, the same one as a minute ago. Jacob stopped for a second and pulled a small bottle out of a pocket on his pants and retrieved a small white pill from it. He quickly swallowed it and shook his head before starting on his way again.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Aurora ~ Chaotic Battle
Aurora watched surprised as the Ruber Tribe leader fell to the ground with a thud. Blood poured out of the large hole that now adorned his head. "What the……" These words ghosted her lips as the realization sank in. A small Pokemon ran to Aecor's side and attempted to wake him with no success. Enraged, the small Pokemon screamed the order to attack. Instantly the quiet area erupted with the sounds of battle. Attacks were fired in every direction as the two sides collided into a large group. Aurora stood beside Lordus frozen in shock and in horror. She wasn't used to seeing the effects of war first hand; only hearing about the battles from the warriors that visited the ruins. Aurora herself was a merciful fighter unless she was left with no other options. The sight of the gore and cruelty was too much for her to handle.

Just then a series of loud bangs echoed throughout the air. The loud sound was enough to snap Aurora out of her daze as her attention was drawn to the source of the sound; humans. They started firing mercilessly on both sides, striking down many Pokemon. A Vaporeon who was charging Aurora collapsed to the ground in front of her as a bullet passed through the side of it; splattering blood all over. It was then that something snapped inside Aurora.

"Enough of this! If we keep this up all of us will be killed by the humans!" She spoke through clinched teeth as the bulbs on her neck and tail started to glow. Aurora uncoiled her body and flew up into the sky high above the group. The sun slowly disappeared as mean-looking, gray clouds gathered in the sky. Lighting started dancing throughout the clouds in a beautiful, but deadly, performance as it lent its power to some of the electric Pokemon in the area. Aurora turned her attention to a section of the group that was mainly Ruber Tribe and unleashed her attack. The clouds began to gather and swirl as a rope-like twister formed and dropped right on top of the group. The Pokemon screamed as they were sucked up by the twister and thrown to all parts. Some hit trees, and others the surrounding rocks, with a force powerful enough to crush bone. The twister began to grow wider and thicker as it gain power. Soon dirt and branches were being absorbed and tossed by the powerful winds.

A figure caught Aurora's attention as it weaved in and out through the crowd of Pokemon; a human. She watched as the human met up with another of its' kind who was hidden. Aurora was about to turn her destructive twister on them when she was knocked out of the sky by a large chunk of ice. Her body hit the ground and slid a ways before coming to a rest. The twister dissipated and the winds slowly calmed back down as Aurora struggled to sit up. The attack that hit her was strong and managed to do quite a bit of damage. Knocked out of her blind rage, she realized she had left Lordus by himself. She knew he could handle himself in fight but the thought of him taking on a group by himself worried her. Aurora slammed an approaching Pokemon with an Aqua Tail before taking to the sky once more; this time to search for Lordus.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
war zone

Shadow observed that the battle was ending badly for the Ruber tribe. He continued fighting the humans, and whatever other foe was unlucky enough to approch him.

Just then a thunder storm erupted in the sky, Shadow saw the Dragonair commanding the weather, then she launched a twister at the Ruber Tribe, Shadow attempted to stay put but was pulled off the ground and into a nearby tree, as the twister moved on to attacking humans.

Shadow saw kip Fighting ferociously...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2024
Lordus Rivendare

Death rained upon the Pokemon. Seven bloody hells, Lordus thought, scratching the hilts of his swords. Aurora had said something in the fuss that started after Aecor's fall, but he barely heard. She had flown off to, somewhere, while the sky was engulfed in dark, hostile clouds. Lordus remained staring at the spot where Aecor had fallen, but the clashing tribes had overrun him. His eyes quickly traveled to Adamantius, but he lost him right after. Eh. Adam's a lost cause. He started laughing and drew one of his swords. The sides of the tribes were being razed by the fire from the humans.

Some Pokemon of the Caelurus noticed the threat and decided they hated the humans more than Ruber. These Pokemon Lordus followed, only concealed underneath the shadow of the trees. His ears were ringing with screams, his eyes fixed on the humans with those weapons that shot death; just behind the trees, he could see their shadows. The Caelurus charged forward in fury, shouting the name of their tribe, until a bullet silenced a voice or two from the group. One fell, the others stumbled and Lordus followed close behind. He picked up pace, he started running. These fleshlings fight best from afar, he thought, but once we're upon them... the trees rustled, the humans were retreating. He saw their group behind the trees and charged at their side like a Tauros, driving one of his swords through the human's shoulder blades. He glimpsed a light and he knew he was within the firing range of the weapons, so he sidestepped to the right, slashing at the black thing the human was holding. Stepping forward, his next slash ripped the human's arm from shoulder to rib, then his claws impaled his throat. He held his body against the others who were shooting, allowing them to finish his work. They shouted, he roared in fury, tossing aside the body.

The other Pokemon arrived to chase off the humans who were stepping back, shooting. Bloody buggers, he thought as he stepped back. He couldn't risk going any further, not with all those guns. He let the Pokemon get past him to their deaths, then felt something swirl past his leg in a bang. He edged backwards and turned to see another human a nearby bush. He cursed again, his gun raining bullets; the human was laughing maniacally.

The time came for him to reload. As Lordus covered the distance between them, the claws of his free hand were engulfed in the dragon's fire, blue and red, dancing high all the way up to the base of his arm, burning away his black bandages to reveal his scorched, black hand. The human's laughing had stopped; when Lordus slashed at his gun, sending it away, he tried running, but his burning claws grabbed the back of his neck and he screamed in agony. The screams were replaced by a gasp once his chest was impaled in his sword. He twisted it, blood streaming everywhere, then kicked the human away.

Pain emerged from Arceus know where. Pain gave birth to anger, which soon replaced the pain. The dragonfire on his left hand was burning hot and he suddenly wanted to kill more, and more. The humans were too dangerous, though, with those weapons of theirs... he had got shot. Ruber Tribe would have to do for his killing. He marched as fast as his wounded leg could take him, back into the clashing tribes, with fury and bloodlust burning his pain away.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
General Mikkelson
Slateport City

Mikkelson maneuvered the jeep through the settlement of Slateport, and up onto route 110 towards Delta Camp a short distance north of the city, with the private in the passengers seat.

"You know I saw a shipment delivering sniper rifles some way up here." The Private pulled out his Desert Eagle and began to check it over nonchalantly, "Wouldn't be difficult to stop off for a while if we see it," the Private nudged.

" Not necessary, as your task right now will only involve short to mid range combat, something that your AK will provide for now," Mikkelson retorted.

After five more minutes of driving, Mikkelson approached Delta Camp, and parked the jeep and got out. Mikkelson motioned the private to follow. As Mikkelson ran towards the command post at Delta Camp, Mikkelson muttered a message to the private following him.

" Private, I gotta set up the plan for defense of the City. Guard the command post here until reinforcements arrive, is that clear?"

Turnip

Magnificent Turnip
Years
Turnip
Delta Camp

The Jeep ride was quiet enough, but quite short, too. Turnip's request for a sniper rifle had been denied, for now, but he could see why. Short-to-mid range made sense. Admittedly, a sniper rifle would definitely be a good heavy-hitter, and certain armoured Pokémon made it really difficult to kill them without one, but still; the Desert Eagle mostly covered that. That was the main reason they were actually useful now, when they were more-or-less just flashy and unnecessary in human on human combat.

On top of that, Mikkelson was probably in far more of a rush than he was - Turnip was less than eager to get to the front line, even though that was where he could find Nicolas.

Wait a minute - Nicolas was on the front line. That could be seriously bad.

That bastard better stay alive. Turnip's answers pretty much depended on that.

The jeep stopped, and the Private and General got out. This was Delta Camp, apparently.

The General muttered an order, "Private, I gotta set up the plan for defense of the City. Guard the command post here until reinforcements arrive, is that clear?"

Turnip considered whether "Hell no." Was an option, but of course it wasn't. He wasn't comfortable fighting in relatively large groups, and he was still a little pissed off about not getting that rifle. He wasn't really ready to fight anything yet - there was just something unsettling about the HR. Although, if he was honest about it, there was something unsettling about this whole damned place. Frankly, if he could get out of here, then all the better, but he didn't want the HR as well as all the Pokémon tribes on his ass. Making enemies was not really something he needed - at least the HR didn't seem intent on killing him, and for now that would do.

Unfortunately, there was nothing that could really be done about it. He guessed it would be fine, considering guarding is a defensive measure - that was decent justification, he supposed.

He didn't bother to hide how uncomfortable he was, "Yes sir."

From the looks of things, Delta camp wasn't the front line yet, but it wasn't far from it. A few soldiers were milling about, but Turnip wasn't one to get involved with them - instead he pulled his AK-47 from his back and headed North-ish, on the outskirts of woodland. He'd see any Pokémon coming, and if they were hostile, then he'd... deal with them.

As much as he wasn't sure of where the faults lie, he was fairly sure of his combat ability. That said, he wasn't sure he'd actually... tried it yet. That is to say, he didn't know if he'd actually fought anything. Something just told him he could trust in his own skill, wherever the hell it may or may not have come from... he repressed the headache he was getting. He'd have to find out about his own predicament soon, as well, but for now that could wait.

His head and his rifle snapped to the left as he heard rustling. His left hand reached for his belt, but there wasn't anything there to grab... what on Earth was the point of that...?

No time. From behind a tree, a Pokémon emerged, flying forwards.

Fearow. High attack and speed, poor special attack. Defences on the lower side. Leaning forwards. Territorial. Avoid beak and talons.

Turnip didn't stop to contemplate how he knew that. Three shots from his AK rang out, hitting the Fearow in the chest and forehead before it was halfway to Turnip's position. The private sidestepped as the bird's momentum carried it past him, and it crashed to the floor, dead.

Turnip felt sorry that he'd had to kill the Pokémon, but he didn't regret it. Whether it was wild or not, that Fearow had wanted to kill him with that Drill Peck - it wasn't his problem that the bird had forced him to shoot. Turnip was hardly going to let it run him through. Still, he decided to move towards the clearing a little more; he didn't want to antagonise any more territorial wilds, if that Fearow was indeed one, and he'd prefer to inform the other soldiers what had happened rather than have them get in a panic and abandon any posts they had.

At any rate, Turnip was sure now - he could count on his skill well enough. Wouldn't hurt to have a sniper rifle, though, bloody General...

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
war zone

Shadow got himself out of the tree, charged at Kip, then when he was close enough, "Kip, We need a Tactical Retreat... NOW!" he called out over the sounds of battle.

Shadow threw an Ice bomb in a general direction at the human group.

Shadow returned to fighting, but he stayed close to Kip waiting for his decision and/ or... to issue the order himself.

Back