• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm having a bit of a problem regarding my future relationship. One of my female online friends, as well as her sister, are interested in sleeping with me (she views me as her friend with benefits). At first I felt excited, but I soon had second thoughts. I feared that if I eventually get a girlfriend and learned that I've slept with another woman before her, she'll leave me right at the moment, having me fear in shame of being forever alone for doing such a thing. The two sisters think it's nonsense and told me to stop worrying about the future and start worrying about the present and that I can still get myself a girlfriend regardless if I slept with someone before. But I don't which advice I should believe: My own advice or theirs?

Both of you are right: there are women who will hold sleeping with someone before her against you and women who don't. And even more, there are women who won't take you seriously if you haven't slept with anybody before. The point is, do whatever's comfortable for you, because at the end of the day you'll have to explain your actions to a potential girlfriend no matter what you choose. Such is the way with girlfriends.

I guess it also depends somewhat on what you're looking for. Say you want a girlfriend who wants to be your first, then you obviously would want to wait until you find her right? At the end of the day though, you'll probably be able to find some women who find your past sex life agreeable, so it's not like any one of the choices are better either way outside of your preference.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm having a bit of a problem regarding my future relationship. One of my female online friends, as well as her sister, are interested in sleeping with me (she views me as her friend with benefits). At first I felt excited, but I soon had second thoughts. I feared that if I eventually get a girlfriend and learned that I've slept with another woman before her, she'll leave me right at the moment, having me fear in shame of being forever alone for doing such a thing. The two sisters think it's nonsense and told me to stop worrying about the future and start worrying about the present and that I can still get myself a girlfriend regardless if I slept with someone before. But I don't which advice I should believe: My own advice or theirs?

i'm more interested in the sister/sister sex scenario you've laid out
i'm guessing they're fine with each other sharing the same man? i'm guessing you're fine with having sex with both of them? i just hope you've all thought this out

as for your main problem
weigh up want you want more
do you want these girls/other women in a sexual nature before you get a girlfriend? or would you rather you be in a relationship with your girlfriend before you have sex?

either way is okay; if it doesn't work for you with one person, it will work out with someone else. just do what you feel is best for you.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
i'm more interested in the sister/sister sex scenario you've laid out
i'm guessing they're fine with each other sharing the same man? i'm guessing you're fine with having sex with both of them? i just hope you've all thought this out
They're fine with each other sharing the same man, because they've done it before with another. I'm also fine with the idea of having sex with both.

as for your main problem
weigh up want you want more
do you want these girls/other women in a sexual nature before you get a girlfriend? or would you rather you be in a relationship with your girlfriend before you have sex?
Well on one hand, they could help me experience real sex, but on the other hand, I wanted to have sex during a relationship with a girlfriend. Of course, Kanzler did bring an excellent point about women's reaction to this type of situation.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Pinkie, serious question here - why do you think it matters if you had sex with a girl before your relationship? Yeah some women may feel a bit awkward about that but lets get real here - many men aren't virgins and to cut them out on that alone is pretty silly. So it would really be silly for a mature and long-lasting relationship to have an individual who is really nasty about your previous sex life. Frankly, as long as you're not going to give her an illness or something, it really shouldn't matter.

That's my two cents anyways...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Pinkie, serious question here - why do you think it matters if you had sex with a girl before your relationship?
Because I was told that I shouldn't be losing my virginity to some cheap thrill with someone before getting into a serious relationship, because it's suppose to feel special.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Because I was told that I shouldn't be losing my virginity to some cheap thrill with someone before getting into a serious relationship, because it's suppose to feel special.
That's not a requirement though and honestly you can lose your virginity to whom you please. It's up to you how you live your life. If you want to have a one night stand with someone, go ahead; if you want to save your virginity for someone special, do that too - although with the latter, things change, so that might be for naught anyhow.

I don't know who told you that but there's no reason why it has to be that way, that may be that individual's personal choice.

Years
Ok so basically I want to be dead but lets explain that into detail with some questions:

-Why are people so horrible?
-What are people trying to protect when they say they care when they really don't and only "care" because they have to, not because they want to?

Now this thinking comes from a long way of ignoring to me. I try, and try, and try to make new friends. Someone was depressed and I tried to be nice to them, and they pushed me away. In fact, a lot of people in the past 4 months have done this to me, both online and physically. What is wrong with me? Is it because I don't have popular opinions, or do "cool" things? Is it because I play competitive pokemon, stand up and not be afraid to be myself, and actually help someone because I care, not because I have to?

I just don't understand how this type of thing is so common. How common it is to be a dick to others for no reason. My favorite example:

"I am so lonely I need a boyfriend"
*insert decent cool and loving guy*
"Oh but not you"

I just don't understand why.....

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
Years
  • Seen Sep 25, 2020
Ok so basically I want to be dead but lets explain that into detail with some questions:

-Why are people so horrible?
-What are people trying to protect when they say they care when they really don't and only "care" because they have to, not because they want to?
Not everyone is horrible and speaking from a logical point of view the horrible people make up a very small percentage of the population--especially in comparison to the average person. I'd also safely surmise the number of "horrible" people is outweighed by the number of amazing people. That being said, horrible is an objective term and it largely depends on how you look at the situation. If the person really is horrible, then you have a choice to let it affect you or not. If someone has a bad attitude towards you when you've put your bet foot forward simply brush it off, it's obviously their loss.

To answer the second question it largely depends on the person and the subject of what they care about. It could be to keep up appearance, or to spare someone's feelings it really all depends. But instead, I offer you another question: How do you know that the person doesn't really care? Maybe they simply have difficulty actually showing that they do, or maybe you're not realizing something that shows that they do care. Without a specific situation in mind it is very difficult to answer your question.

Now this thinking comes from a long way of ignoring to me. I try, and try, and try to make new friends. Someone was depressed and I tried to be nice to them, and they pushed me away. In fact, a lot of people in the past 4 months have done this to me, both online and physically. What is wrong with me? Is it because I don't have popular opinions, or do "cool" things? Is it because I play competitive pokemon, stand up and not be afraid to be myself, and actually help someone because I care, not because I have to?

I just don't understand how this type of thing is so common. How common it is to be a dick to others for no reason. My favorite example:

"I am so lonely I need a boyfriend"
*insert decent cool and loving guy*
"Oh but not you"

I just don't understand why.....

Depression is a very fickle subject and people often do things that they don't always mean to do. When your emotions are all haywire you can even confuse yourself on what you want. That person could be pushing you away for a myriad of different reasons. When I was struggling with depression I pushed people because everyone tended to patronize me or were quick to fit me into their neat little metaphorical boxes of interpersonal definition. I went about that for a very long time and pushed away many people. While I'm generally over the worst of my depression having someone that actually genuinely cares about me that isn't family or a close friend I've already known for year is a very foreign and frankly uncomfortable concept to me so I'm still resistant when it comes forming new relationships with people, romantic or otherwise.

My point is, the answer to these questions and the solution to the problems you're facing is highly dependent on so many many things. The best advice I can offer you is: You don't have to go looking for friends/relationships. I mean, you have to put some effort forth but if you just be yourself and focus on bettering yourself you'll make those friends in no time. Be nice and compassionate to other people simply because it's in your nature to do these things; don't do it because you get something out of it--even if it is something intangible such as feelings, friendships etc. You can't always control what happens to you, but you CAN control how you let it affect you. If you're thinking negatively about something that happened your attitude will be negative. If you're thinking positively, your attitude will be positive.

If you ever need to talk about anything(literally anything) you can always shoot me a VM or PM and I'll be glad to chat with ya. As someone who has experienced what you're describing from both sides I sincerely hope things get better for you--just don't be too harsh on other people because you have no way of fully understanding how they feel, or what they are going through.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
So my depression is kicking back again. I've broken down four times in the last few days and I don't know what I can do. I know the background of what caused the breakdowns so I'll try explaining it:
I'm currently in a relationship with a girl I truly love and she said she loves me. I've had to withdraw from the uni I go to due to health problems so I'm currently attending a CC where I honestly don't belong. I say this because I don't have any friends there, and I don't do anything but go there for my classes and come back home and go straight to my room. The girl I'm in a relationship with goes to college about an hour and thirty min away by train, and I go see her at least every two weeks, I stay for a weekend. Well we always used to talk about the future in the past, and I guess I believed she would be always part of my life so I said 'forever' and 'marriage' a lot. However, she told me yesterday that she doesn't mean to put any stress on me, but she said she doesn't know if we'll be together for 'forever'. She said she's unsure and all because she's used to feeling alone. By 'alone' I mean, because previously we dated for almost a year, then due to a depression episode I broke up with her while I was an uni. It was a horrible break up and I tried getting what we had back with other people, which ended up hurting me and her more. I completely take the blame. I'm a horrible and disgusting person for what I did, and if I could I would rewind and take it all back and if I could I would rewind to erase my existence overall. But I can't. Back to the story, over that year she's become used to being alone. However, we started dating late last year again and that uplifted me. It gave me something to look for when I'm in this hell hole, and I look forward to every moment I spend with her. Only think is after she said that, I don't know how to take it. I want to be in this relationship because I want to last. I don't know if she meant that she doesn't want along term relationship, because she also sometimes uses 'us' in the future tense (for when/if we do live with each other) and I guess that mixes my emotions. I really want to be with her, she means a lot to me, I guess everything if I think about it at this point. I don't have any friends here, and only talk to friends back at my uni which is 6 hours away. And even then I feel like I'm bothering them sometimes because I don't want to be alone. And talking to her and texting her helps a lot. I apologize if this is getting all jumbled up, but I don't know what to do. I want to get even closer to her to show her I'm worth staying with, but since we're a bit far away I can't see her everyday and she did say that it's hard to be with someone when you can't physically interact with them everyday. But she said she's willing to try and I said that too. I'm even willing to go every weekend to see her even if it might be a bit costly. I just broke down multiple times yesterday after she said all those things. I thought that at least my relationship would be a constant in my crappy life. And after I broke down the first time, I realized I put a lot into my relationship with her. Instead of working on my own problems, I covered them up by being with her since it made me happy. I forgot about them and now I realize I haven't resolved them and I'm scared. I just need some advice. Anything will do. Even if you read this and don't respond, it's fine. I'm sorry that it's all jumbled up and hard to read aha.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
So my depression is kicking back again. I've broken down four times in the last few days and I don't know what I can do. I know the background of what caused the breakdowns so I'll try explaining it:
I'm currently in a relationship with a girl I truly love and she said she loves me. I've had to withdraw from the uni I go to due to health problems so I'm currently attending a CC where I honestly don't belong. I say this because I don't have any friends there, and I don't do anything but go there for my classes and come back home and go straight to my room. The girl I'm in a relationship with goes to college about an hour and thirty min away by train, and I go see her at least every two weeks, I stay for a weekend. Well we always used to talk about the future in the past, and I guess I believed she would be always part of my life so I said 'forever' and 'marriage' a lot. However, she told me yesterday that she doesn't mean to put any stress on me, but she said she doesn't know if we'll be together for 'forever'. She said she's unsure and all because she's used to feeling alone. By 'alone' I mean, because previously we dated for almost a year, then due to a depression episode I broke up with her while I was an uni. It was a horrible break up and I tried getting what we had back with other people, which ended up hurting me and her more. I completely take the blame. I'm a horrible and disgusting person for what I did, and if I could I would rewind and take it all back and if I could I would rewind to erase my existence overall. But I can't. Back to the story, over that year she's become used to being alone. However, we started dating late last year again and that uplifted me. It gave me something to look for when I'm in this hell hole, and I look forward to every moment I spend with her. Only think is after she said that, I don't know how to take it. I want to be in this relationship because I want to last. I don't know if she meant that she doesn't want along term relationship, because she also sometimes uses 'us' in the future tense (for when/if we do live with each other) and I guess that mixes my emotions. I really want to be with her, she means a lot to me, I guess everything if I think about it at this point. I don't have any friends here, and only talk to friends back at my uni which is 6 hours away. And even then I feel like I'm bothering them sometimes because I don't want to be alone. And talking to her and texting her helps a lot. I apologize if this is getting all jumbled up, but I don't know what to do. I want to get even closer to her to show her I'm worth staying with, but since we're a bit far away I can't see her everyday and she did say that it's hard to be with someone when you can't physically interact with them everyday. But she said she's willing to try and I said that too. I'm even willing to go every weekend to see her even if it might be a bit costly. I just broke down multiple times yesterday after she said all those things. I thought that at least my relationship would be a constant in my crappy life. And after I broke down the first time, I realized I put a lot into my relationship with her. Instead of working on my own problems, I covered them up by being with her since it made me happy. I forgot about them and now I realize I haven't resolved them and I'm scared. I just need some advice. Anything will do. Even if you read this and don't respond, it's fine. I'm sorry that it's all jumbled up and hard to read aha.

I've never been particularly good at helping with relationships, so I'll leave that for someone else to deal with.

More than anything, you sound lonely. I'm worried for your state of mind if the relationship does break down again, since it seems that she is your one true friend. You mentioned friends at uni 6 hours away, but they're not exactly helpful when you're increasingly breaking down and they're 6 hours away. So - I think your mission for now should be to secure people in your life that you can talk to, or at least have the option to hang out with, even if you rarely ever have the strength to do so. I'm not saying Make Friends :) as I'm very well aware of how draining depression can be on maintaining friendships, but if that does happen, then good on you. I suppose this is all common sense, but nevertheless, I'll remind you anyway. Try to get at least person who you can use as a tether to a world where life isn't so harsh. Perhaps when you are less lonely, you'll be in a place where you're less drained by depression and the current issues in your relationship and you can work on those.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I've never been particularly good at helping with relationships, so I'll leave that for someone else to deal with.

More than anything, you sound lonely. I'm worried for your state of mind if the relationship does break down again, since it seems that she is your one true friend. You mentioned friends at uni 6 hours away, but they're not exactly helpful when you're increasingly breaking down and they're 6 hours away. So - I think your mission for now should be to secure people in your life that you can talk to, or at least have the option to hang out with, even if you rarely ever have the strength to do so. I'm not saying Make Friends :) as I'm very well aware of how draining depression can be on maintaining friendships, but if that does happen, then good on you. I suppose this is all common sense, but nevertheless, I'll remind you anyway. Try to get at least person who you can use as a tether to a world where life isn't so harsh. Perhaps when you are less lonely, you'll be in a place where you're less drained by depression and the current issues in your relationship and you can work on those.

Thanks for the reply! I don't think I'll be able to secure a friend for at least until August, until I start at another uni. I don't talk to anyone at my local CC, and I don't thin I can. I've tried but it just draws me into a bigger hole because I never thought I'd be at this place. It's just hard to do that. I want to believe me, and I just can't. On the few notes I have tried here, all they want to do is drink and smoke, and I'm not going down that kind of road especially in this state and mind. Inevitably, I'm just scared of being alone in the long run because I don't trust myself with myself, if that makes sense.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Thanks for the reply! I don't think I'll be able to secure a friend for at least until August, until I start at another uni. I don't talk to anyone at my local CC, and I don't thin I can. I've tried but it just draws me into a bigger hole because I never thought I'd be at this place. It's just hard to do that. I want to believe me, and I just can't. On the few notes I have tried here, all they want to do is drink and smoke, and I'm not going down that kind of road especially in this state and mind. Inevitably, I'm just scared of being alone in the long run because I don't trust myself with myself, if that makes sense.
I think the only thing I can offer is my own personal experience. I'm in a really good place in my life right now compared to where I once was even though I don't really have that large of a peer group. I have one close IRL friend, several IRL acquaintances (mostly coworkers), one close internet friend, and five or six people on the internet (mostly all from one or two IRC channels) who are all somewhere between acquaintance and friend.

Part of the reason I think this works for me is because, taking all of them into account, I have someone I can talk to for just about anything. I can talk to my IRL friend about technology and politics, I can talk to my online friend about philosophy and Japanese entertainment, I can talk with my coworkers about video games and technology, and I can talk with the other people from IRC about pretty much all of those topics to a lesser degree. I can also come on D&D and talk politics and sometimes philosophy, too.

I think having someone to talk to about all of the various things in your life is important. I don't think it needs to be the same person for each thing, though that's certainly a wonderful thing, as well. But what's important is that nothing gets "bottled up." You need to be able to share what you're thinking about and discuss it with others. I think not being able to do that leads to having feelings of loneliness.

I had a lot of tough times growing up, to be sure, and I'm very glad that I've been able to move past it. I really only had the one friend back then and I didn't get along with others well at all. I didn't really have anyone to talk to about what I was going through. I think stress level also had a lot to do with it; I was a lot more stressed back then than I am now. The contrast with my life back then makes me appreciate my current lot all the more. I can't say for certain that I know what you're going through, but I do know what it's like to live through bad times and I wish you the best. I hope something from my experience helps you in your situation.

If you (or anyone else reading this) ever want to talk to me about anything, feel free to send me a PM or hit me up on IRC. I don't get enough PMs on here as it is. I like talking with people, and while I can't guarantee I'll always have something insightful to say about a situation, I can guarantee that I'll speak earnestly about any serious topic I'm presented with. I'm also on IRC a lot of the time (when I'm not asleep) in the channel #thepokecommunity on SystemNet. The channel is dead these days but I'm not; I still respond (eventually) to private messages and highlights if I'm online.

Years
Okay, i'm not really sure if i'll get a proper answer to this, but here goes.

I'm trying to eat at least somewhat healthier so I can lose some of weight. When I was at the scale in the nurse's office this morning, it showed that I had less than 135 lbs, and I had vegetables (and an apple and a banana) for lunch. But later, after a tiny bit of snacking, and a bit of fried food (plus more veggies and fruits) for dinner, I go to the scale over at the gymnasium, and it has me at over 140 lbs. That's a major difference between the two - granted, I had a hot dog and fries for dinner, but still. Those two scales are clearly not alike. (I would have gone back to the nurse's office, but they close at 5.) Not to mention I played with my 15 pound kettle-bell for a bit over 25 minutes while I was watching YouTube before I went to eat.

So I am trying to have those healthy veggies whenever I can (except on Friday nights and sometimes on Saturdays), but I can't keep dieting like this. Once I go home to my parents' house for semester break in a little over a week, i'll have to check my weight on the scale there. But I have been hovering in the 130s through most of the month (except after the Superbowl, where I had a LOT of unhealthy food at a party). What foods could I try other than just cucumbers, broccoli and tomatoes every day that would be seen as healthy?

I've also heard things about how people have special methods to ensure they stay underweight and they don't even have to change their diets and can eat what they want. It'd be great to be able to have what I want, but again, I try to save the really unhealthy stuff (burgers, cheesesteaks, etc) for Fridays and Saturdays. Are there any pointers or suggestions I could be given here? Thanks!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
I'm trying to eat at least somewhat healthier so I can lose some of weight. When I was at the scale in the nurse's office this morning, it showed that I had less than 135 lbs, and I had vegetables (and an apple and a banana) for lunch. But later, after a tiny bit of snacking, and a bit of fried food (plus more veggies and fruits) for dinner, I go to the scale over at the gymnasium, and it has me at over 140 lbs. That's a major difference between the two - granted, I had a hot dog and fries for dinner, but still. Those two scales are clearly not alike. (I would have gone back to the nurse's office, but they close at 5.) Not to mention I played with my 15 pound kettle-bell for a bit over 25 minutes while I was watching YouTube before I went to eat.

So I am trying to have those healthy veggies whenever I can (except on Friday nights and sometimes on Saturdays), but I can't keep dieting like this. Once I go home to my parents' house for semester break in a little over a week, i'll have to check my weight on the scale there. But I have been hovering in the 130s through most of the month (except after the Superbowl, where I had a LOT of unhealthy food at a party). What foods could I try other than just cucumbers, broccoli and tomatoes every day that would be seen as healthy?

I've also heard things about how people have special methods to ensure they stay underweight and they don't even have to change their diets and can eat what they want. It'd be great to be able to have what I want, but again, I try to save the really unhealthy stuff (burgers, cheesesteaks, etc) for Fridays and Saturdays. Are there any pointers or suggestions I could be given here? Thanks!

How tall are you? That's another thing that needs to be taken into factor.
Healthy foods include: nuts (almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc.), Greek yogurt, peanut butter, chicken breasts, etc. Cucumber, tomatoes and broccoli are good, but you aren't going to see any results from just eating those.

Work out too! Cardio is a big thing! Insanity is what I first started doing, and it helped to a certain extent. Now I just go push ups, situps, unweighted squats, lounges, jumping jacks till fade about everyday just to keep somewhat in shape (now that I'm not in any sports).

My own experience from being somewhat athletic for a good part of my life, stay away from the junk food as much as possible. Sure once a month off is nice and all, but don't try to do it once a week, especially when it takes three weeks (around there) for you to feel like you're stronger. Everyone's body is different, some people don't have a method really of staying underweight. I had a problem where I would be the same size no matter what I ate and I honestly hated it. Work with your body, give up those 'Friday menus' and you should be fine. And eat more healthy foods!

Years
Well i'm 5'7'', and from what I read 135 lbs is alright for that. And I did end up getting a bunch of junk food last week (maybe if I had a roommate I wouldn't find that such a rushed decision). I'll try to give what I have away somehow (but I did also get some oranges, those are good if i'm not mistaken).

And I have been working out, trying to get to that gymnasium at least once a week - usually on Friday mornings since I don't have any classes those days. I try to walk at least 10,000 steps every day, unless it rains or snows (and that's easy to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays since I have two classes, and I go back to my dorm between both of them and lunch periods). And I picked up a 15 lbs kettlebell from Dick's (as I might have mentioned) and I hear those things can burn 400 calories in 20 minutes of usage, which is amazing. And as for those "Friday menus"...if by those you mean the big unhealthy stuff, as I mentioned, I do want to be able to reward myself every so often but it's nothing i'll overdo (again, usually on the weekends).

Hope any of this means something.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 28, 2019
Well i'm 5'7'', and from what I read 135 lbs is alright for that. And I did end up getting a bunch of junk food last week (maybe if I had a roommate I wouldn't find that such a rushed decision). I'll try to give what I have away somehow (but I did also get some oranges, those are good if i'm not mistaken).

And I have been working out, trying to get to that gymnasium at least once a week - usually on Friday mornings since I don't have any classes those days. I try to walk at least 10,000 steps every day, unless it rains or snows (and that's easy to do on Tuesdays and Thursdays since I have two classes, and I go back to my dorm between both of them and lunch periods). And I picked up a 15 lbs kettlebell from Dick's (as I might have mentioned) and I hear those things can burn 400 calories in 20 minutes of usage, which is amazing. And as for those "Friday menus"...if by those you mean the big unhealthy stuff, as I mentioned, I do want to be able to reward myself every so often but it's nothing i'll overdo (again, usually on the weekends).

Hope any of this means something.

I'm right around your weight and height. I've been out of my normal routine due to some circumstances so I can send you whatever I do, they're basic things that don't require any heavy weights and all. I understand how hard it is to give up junk food, just threw away 4 pounds of candy haha.

Going to the gym is good, I was never a big gym person tho. Too self conscious and all, I wasn't the biggest, but I was right around the lightest and fastest. Walking's good too! Try adding in a morning run every now and then. Cut out any meals that you eat right before you sleep. Walk after your meals. The whole thing I did with eating junk, I took note on the calories and burned at least the same day or do double the next day. I've honestly never heard of the kettle thing, the best thing are good ol' dumbbells. You can do squats with them, rows, benches, etc. with them. Very versatile.

Big thing is, take it in small steps. Giving up junk food is hard. Especially when healthy food isn't as good taste wise haha. I kind of gained a stomach so I definitely need to jump back on the track.

Years
If it means anything, when I went to the doctor's office back in November (on the week of the release of ORAS), I recall finding out that I weighed almost 150 lbs (I may be wrong, because I somehow was 137 lbs around Christmas), and while I was experiencing stomach pains, he said that a lot of college students tend to feel that way because they don't often eat as healthy at college as they tend to while they're home. And it often hurts throwing those foods out after I spend money on them... x_x

My job has me on my feet and pushing heavy things, but because i'm not there during the school semester, that does remove a bit of the most accessed way of activity I have. (I'll be back there in the summer, however). And by kettlebells I mean these, I picked it up since i'm capable of having them in my own dorm without having to leave it.

Kyoe

working on it
Years
Well, Owl is giving you some pretty good advice. But, I do have to disagree with some of it.
For example, running is really a bad exercise. It's horribly straining on your joints, and actually causes a lot of other problems as well. Swimming laps is a much healthier alternative, and strengthens more muscles then you might think. If you have access to a pool, then you should look at finding time to jump in every now and again.

I could go on and on, but I'll spare you the wall of rambling text, haha.
Just eat in moderation, stay active, and avoid junk, fast, and chemical pumped foods.

Being in college certainly makes it harder, but sometimes it's as simple as trading a twinkie or hot pocket for some dark chocolate, or an apple.
Good luck. :)

Monophobia

Already Dead
Years
So, I have a job interview on the 28th of this month for King's Island (exclusive amusement park found only in Ohio for those of you that don't know). I was wondering if I should dress up for this interview and if so...what do I wear?

I'm not exactly the suit and tie type, so forgive me. Would black jeans and a dress shirt be okay or should I go all out?

Thanks.

£

You're gonna have a bad time.
Years
So, I have a job interview on the 28th of this month for King's Island (exclusive amusement park found only in Ohio for those of you that don't know). I was wondering if I should dress up for this interview and if so...what do I wear?

I'm not exactly the suit and tie type, so forgive me. Would black jeans and a dress shirt be okay or should I go all out?

Thanks.

How do the staff at the amusement park dress? Is there any way to talk to people there for advice on how their interview was?

As it's likely to be a customer facing role, I personally would go all out to look as smart as possible. They'll be gauging the impression you make on them as the impression you make on their customers. If there's something that looks like you haven't made as much effort as you could, and if someone else has made that effort to look that bit smarter, it could be disadvantageous even if you interview well.

Colour co-ordinating to match the colour of whatever uniform their staff may wear can be a good idea as it makes it easier for them to associate you with members of their staff. Obviously making a good warm friendly impression is vital as well, but attention to little details will pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back