• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokePlayerLeo242

The Eevee Lover
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 7, 2015
I dont know which one i should pick. Im thinking of either chespin or fennekin. But i like fennekin better than anything.

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
Years
I'll definitely go for Fennekin if it gets psychic as a secondary move.
I'd be so hype if did, psychic type is my favourite.

Who knows, maybe it'll be a starter that stays in my party. Only time will tell~

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Guess the names for the evolved starters!

So, we have Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie as our starter Pokemon for the upcoming generation, but can you guess which names will be used for their evolved forms?

Here are my predictions for each starter:

Chespin -> Spinut -> Thornhog

Fennekin -> Lavulpe -> Blazerda

Froakie -> Bullfog -> Cloutoad

Splintey

Banned
Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
Fire starters are overrated IMO grass all the way besides, Chespin looks like he has potential to be seriously epic

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
I pretty much took Grass for Gen 1,3 and 5 (BW2). And I only took Fire in BW while other choice was Water, so I go with Fire.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I'm picking either Froakie, Fennekin, or Chespin.

Chespin I guess. All of grasses weaknesses will be more of a challenge.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
For the first time i am gonna choose the starter not on the basis of the final evo, bt pre evo.
Fennekin is wt i m going for no matter how its final form looks..

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I regret voting Fennekin.If i get the game i will definitely go with Chespin.
He seems to be the most mysterious to me.He is the one that looks less than an actual animal contrary to Fennekin.I am not saying that the other two are bad though.
He might also get a dark secondary type so thats awesome.

Xilfer

Just won't die.
Years
Froakie = Another damn frog/toad! It should have stopped at the Seismitoad!

Fennekin = Another damn fox! It should have stopped at the Zoroark!

Chespin = Now here's something rather unique. Though we already have a large cast of rodents, there's something about this that just feels... original. Reminds me of the good old Kanto days a bit, ya know?

So probably Chespin. Though choices will depends greatly on their evolutions.

PsychoticMoonlight

Beautiful Insanity
Years
I'm going to get Chespin or Finniken. I can't believe they made a wolf starter. I like them both. Froakie is not one of my Favorites. I know Froakie's a frog and Fenniken's a Dog and/or wolf, but what is Chespin? I'm a fire lover but I'm curious about Chespin.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
Fennekin is only the third fox line, and it's not the same fox than Vulpix and Zorua line either.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
Fenniken's a Dog and/or wolf, but what is Chespin? I'm a fire lover but I'm curious about Chespin.
Fennekin is actually a fox, specifically a Fennec fox. Chespin has some relations to a hedgehog (name origins point to this) and chestnuts.

I still haven't really settled on my choice of starter. It's going to come down to their final evolutions before I can decide for sure which one I'm choosing. Right now, I'm leaning toward Fenniken, but Chespin and Froakie are adorable.

Years
I honestly can't pick a starter until I know what it's final evolution will look like. I am somewhat of a perfectionist when it comes to that. Nein, ze full form muzt be ze perfekt!

Years
Fennekin looks beautiful, I hope its evolution will be just fire, not fire+something >,< .. I hate it when that happens, I just want fire to be just fire types (except if its Charizard, the one and only perfect pokemon ever existed :D).

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Fennekin looks beautiful, I hope its evolution will be just fire, not fire+something >,< .. I hate it when that happens, I just want fire to be just fire types (except if its Charizard, the one and only perfect pokemon ever existed :D).

you talking about charizard? He is boss. You talking about fennekin? I want fire/dark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back