• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Chit-Chat: EVAN PETERS HAVE MY BABIES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Aw, I've really grown to like Robert Downey Jr. :( He wasn't as good in Avengers as he was in the Iron Man movies, but I think that's because they got to ad lib quite a bit in those movies and that seems to work well for him.

And speaking of ad libbing, that reminds me of something I heard a little while ago about the Disney movie Aladdin. Seems that it wasn't allowed to be up for a best screenplay award because so much of the genie's dialogue was ad libbed by Robin Williams.

I thought that was interesting anyway.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Where did you read this, Scarfy? For one, I highly doubt it's true. Unless the Oscar rules have changed significantly since the '90s, that is... In The Loop got a Best Adapted Screenplay nomination two years ago and lots of that film's dialogue was improvised. Indeed, its off-the-cuff sensibility was probably one of the reasons that its script stuck out as much as it did and got awards attention!

Years
I have no idea where I heard it. Probably from my one friend who is a walking pop culture encyclopedia. Feel free to spread the rumor around though.

Wait. Here it is. On the internet. Must be true.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
That is certainly true. Off the top of my head, all I can think of is De Niro in Taxi Driver: His "You lookin' at me?" to his own reflection is brutally haunting and wasn't in the script at all. And it's so successful to boot!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
The scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark where Indy just shoots the swordsman instead of the planned sword fight is my favorite ad-libbed moment.

That...was....ad-libbed? This piece of information is certainly new to me. Amazing! It's a shame he didn't use the same ad-libbing magic there in Kingdom of The Crystal Boy Was This A Crappy Movie and at least attempted to redeem the movie.

Years
Still have yet to see that new Indiana Jones movie. I don't think I'll ever get around to it. It's not even on my To-See List. Which is a real, physical list because I can never remember what I need to see.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Yeah, there's no real hurry for you to watch IJ4, Scarfy. You're really not missing out on much with that one. Everyone involved with it is kind of ashamed of it, including Shia LaBeouf, of all people!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
They have no reason to be ashamed about the first three?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
We're all talking in questions?

I've only seen the last of the original trilogy in full, but that was really good. The bits I've seen of the first one were also good. Haven't seen Temple of Doom as of yet, but that one used to be the punching bag of the franchise until Crystal Skull came out and too that title with such gusto!

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 14, 2024
Oh god, Temple of Doom. I remember crying from laughter after watching the KALIMAH scene over and over, I found it so hilarious.

KALIMAH!
KALIMAH
KAAALIMAAH!!!!!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Seeing From Up on Poppy Hill tomorrow night and then Akira on Sunday. Both on the big screen. So excited right now. Hopefully Goro's improved since Earthsea, so they both should at least be good... right?

Bear

Fascist baby.
Years
If you're into independent urban cinema, I recommend a French film called La Haine, or Hate. It's about three friends who live in the outer suburbs of Paris during a time of violent social turbulence and their presence in it. It stars a young Vincent Cassel. Powerful stuff.

Years
So, been reading 1Q84 despite not really being all that into Murakami, but two of my friends are reading it and I didn't want to be left out.

I just finished Part 1. For a while I was just scratching my head at all the disparate ideas and themes being brought up, but now I think I have an idea of where things are going to start making sense. Well, except for
Spoiler:

Years
It's a lot better than Earthsea. Don't worry about that. The story flows a little differently from typical Ghiblli, but it's by no means boring or unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back