• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
That is unfixable "glitch" since it happens everytime you engage in a double battle with one Pokémon only.
To prevent further damage, game simply replicates your Pokémon.

I think Jagold used the wrong trainerbattle script for this one. IIRC, it should have been trainerbattle 0x4. They have refuse to battle and have an additional text to display when you talk to them with only one Pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I think Jagold used the wrong trainerbattle script for this one. IIRC, it should have been trainerbattle 0x4. They have refuse to battle and have an additional text to display when you talk to them with only one Pokemon.
Or simply check whether the player has 2 Pokémon...
But who would have thought that someone would actually deposit Riolu? o.O

kwevlo

Champ Kwelvo
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 17, 2015
pokemon ruby destiny life of guardians wich items in the game are replaced

he destinedjagold wich items are replaced in pokemon ruby destiny life of guardians
i don't look every day on this site so can you e-mail me wich items are replaced already thnx e-mail is
[email protected] oh and if anyone else now it then e-mail me

ps: sorry for my english i am dutch

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Thought to play this again for a third time and I just got one question that where I could find that rare candy stock in order to level up my team?

The Trick House is located on the northeastern portion of the world map. North of the town with the 4th gym.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2012
I caught an eevee in the Safari Zone and it had an item that was named ???????? and I was wondering what it is. It doesn't have any information either. The eevee wasn't glitched or anything, but I want to know if this has happened to anybody else and what it is exactly.

Years
OK leveled my team too 80's hee hee hee..
Need another problem to be solved I wandered almost 1 hour searching for that damn Exeggcute to appear in Rintah path but still haven't encountered it for a single time.. OmG i AM FURIOUS.. I think its dex entry is wrong which shows its location even I encountered that 39 Rapidash ( the area boss poke) several times but not that Wretched Exeggcute...

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years

Or simply check whether the player has 2 Pokémon...
But who would have thought that someone would actually deposit Riolu? o.O

I didn't deposit Riolu. o.o I just didn't get him at the time. I immediately went to the forest to train my pokemon before going any further in the game. And that includes going on to get Riolu.

I caught an eevee in the Safari Zone and it had an item that was named ???????? and I was wondering what it is. It doesn't have any information either. The eevee wasn't glitched or anything, but I want to know if this has happened to anybody else and what it is exactly.

Could be anything. I looked on Serebii and Eevee doesn't hold any items in the wild in Ruby. So it being a hold item that Jagold just took out of the game and didn't realize to be accessed as I originally thought wouldn't be the case. Though you can't normally catch Eevee in the wild in Ruby or even get it in the game at all. It could be a glitch in the game itself due to that. We'll have to wait for his answer to really know...

Thought to play this again for a third time and I just got one question that where I could find that rare candy stock in order to level up my team?

I got many rare candies in the game and refused to use any of them on my pokemon... You don't get EVs using them, so your pokemon level up weaker than they should be. Even if I don't fight the specific pokemon to get certain EVs, I grind my levels traditionally to make sure my party gets the bonus in stats.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I got many rare candies in the game and refused to use any of them on my pokemon... You don't get EVs using them, so your pokemon level up weaker than they should be. Even if I don't fight the specific pokemon to get certain EVs, I grind my levels traditionally to make sure my party gets the bonus in stats.
You get the same bonus by leveling or by using Rare Candies if the EVs are already distributed.

Years
  • Age 24
  • =/
  • Seen Feb 12, 2013
Played this, it's very great!
Being Team Earth is fun!
I defeat Gabrielon by an accident! :(
Oh, this hack is walk a lot!

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
why i already have 7badge but when i come to leon empire i cant see princess alice there(i follow youtube guide that she locate near the king) can u guys tell me how to find her(or fix)? thx

PokemonGiratinaX

2015 Edition.
Years
why i already have 7badge but when i come to leon empire i cant see princess alice there(i follow youtube guide that she locate near the king) can u guys tell me how to find her(or fix)? thx

First you must go to Shadow Valley and speak to Giratina/Shaymin. After that,
Go to Leon Empire and find her near the king. Hope this help.

PokemonSnakewood

PokeNoob
Years
I currently have three of the four main dragon gods (Breatherna, Angeallen, and Devihel) Yet when I found Yiyan and Joseph, I battled him, beat him, but he did not give me the chance to battle Yiyan.
Any idea what I should do now?

PS I tried talking to Rayquaza, he gave me the whol "Unh it's almost the end for me" thing, and Chaomega "Go see Giratina in Shadow Valley"
Problem because I did that quite a while ago.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Negative, he is not there. And I have seen a walkthrough in which he is battled :/

EDIT: I am playing the Good side and am the guardian trainer of Shaymin, if that changes anything.

Talk to Joseph again and he'll move aside.
The you can talk and battle Yiyan.

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2012
Hi, first of all I loved Life of Guardians, thank you for this great hack :) But, Isn't it a bit hard for a pokemon game? :D

I have a problem, I play version 15 by the way, my Flaffy is at level 38 and it did not evolve into Ampharos. (It should evolve at 30 :S) what may cause this problem? or is it related with the pokemon changes in the hack?

And, I have some recommendations for this ""game"" :)

-I think, the protagonist should speak :D It is really silly when somebody asks something and did not get the answer in fact but he/she has already learnt the answer! :D Anyway, I know hardness of script writing so I will understand if you don't change it.

-I don't know it is an error for just me, but I get very little or no money after the battles. Doesn't it make the game hard :S I hated the minigame that we select types to get money in no time. I always wanted to battle for money, not experience in fact :D:D

-I think the way to Vextra Forest should be completely closed until we get go googles. (the north way opens before and there are really tough wild pokes there for the time we enter.)

-Also there may be a notebook or something in the player's house that we can see the optional quests that are taken from certain people. So, we do not forget to do the quest :D:D:D

-Even if it will be harder, there should be a pyramidless version of the game I think. I believe it does not reduce the number of questions that are asked by players. Some people do not see the pyramids in the game, I assume :S Because the explanations are very very clear. When I see also the FAQ and a walkthrough, I realised that in-game walkthrough is not necessary and it is not achieving its aim. :(

Thanks again. It is really a very good hack :)

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
Hi, first of all I loved Life of Guardians, thank you for this great hack :) But, Isn't it a bit hard for a pokemon game? :D

I have a problem, I play version 15 by the way, my Flaffy is at level 38 and it did not evolve into Ampharos. (It should evolve at 30 :S) what may cause this problem? or is it related with the pokemon changes in the hack?

And, I have some recommendations for this ""game"" :)

-I think, the protagonist should speak :D It is really silly when somebody asks something and did not get the answer in fact but he/she has already learnt the answer! :D Anyway, I know hardness of script writing so I will understand if you don't change it.

-I don't know it is an error for just me, but I get very little or no money after the battles. Doesn't it make the game hard :S I hated the minigame that we select types to get money in no time. I always wanted to battle for money, not experience in fact :D:D

-I think the way to Vextra Forest should be completely closed until we get go googles. (the north way opens before and there are really tough wild pokes there for the time we enter.)

-Also there may be a notebook or something in the player's house that we can see the optional quests that are taken from certain people. So, we do not forget to do the quest :D:D:D

-Even if it will be harder, there should be a pyramidless version of the game I think. I believe it does not reduce the number of questions that are asked by players. Some people do not see the pyramids in the game, I assume :S Because the explanations are very very clear. When I see also the FAQ and a walkthrough, I realised that in-game walkthrough is not necessary and it is not achieving its aim. :(

Thanks again. It is really a very good hack :)

-It was likely a change in evolution. Growlithe was also changed from using a firestone to gaining lv32, which I found out when I tried to evolve mine to Arcanine.

-It's a thing for most pokemon games that the protagonist isn't shown to speak. They speak in response to people, but it's never shown on screen. It's also the same for Zelda games. The rare times he/she actually "speaks" in the game or even thinks (the quotes in parenthesis) is for the special story occasions. They also did the same in the PMD games.

-The idea of getting very little money after battles makes the game much harder, due to the fact that you're not really supposed to spam items.
The minigame is just to make it easier, I suppose. But I went through my second run of the game and very rarely would I ever use an item. I never needed it. LoG is meant to be the hardest game because it's the last of the series. So he went all out with it. Though I do admit it was a little overdone to go from facing lv50s to lv80s in the end of the story. But the more determined people would be able to beat it without cheating. And that shows something for them.

-Vextra Forest, at the time, is actually a very good place to train before you go to get the first symbol, since the Masters tend to get really hard, really fast. I didn't really find it to be a hard place at all. Opening it at the time was a good thing in my opinion, or training would've taken much longer. By the time I went for the symbol, I had a party of lv17 pokemon, being Charmeleon, Riolu, Pidgeotto (I think it was at the time) and Buizel.

-No comment on the notebook. Though it might help some.

-The stone of voice actually does help if you actually pay attention to it. It helped me a couple times when I didn't know what to do, and it actually ends up fixing some glitches if a person messes up or doesn't decide to restart after getting an updated version. The main thing with me was, I flew away from the Dragon Castle before entering it, so I lost it as a flying point. The stone resets it so that you can fly to it. It's a notable thing in any pokemon game that you HAVE to enter the main building (AKA pokemon center) in a location before it sets as a flying point. That's the primary thing I see it for, other than the walkthrough. And not everyone wants to go online to learn how to go through a game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back