• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 23, 2008
Yes, that's what I do, though those are some boring long nights of PET-editing X_X

So far, I still have some made by me. Some (a good number) made by Enrico Marini. And I think Jasmine's from Kike-Scott, if I remember correctly.

The normal GSC Pokemon will remain as in the original. With obviously the added two Hoenn Pokemon as everywhere else.

The first was answered, and for the second, Marnic has the priority there, sorry. I still haven't inserted any new graphics, though.

In the Normal SG: No. In the X Version: Yes.

About the museum, it's also a good opportunity to let J&J do their evil stuff with the fossils, as you said, so it'll be open, maybe with a chance to resurrect the fossils there? (since Cinnabar's destroyed, the resurrection machine or whatever must be located somewhere)

Yes, I'm gonna be trying this new team on both versions (though it'll be my final team, which means I'm gonna keep having different Pokes depending the version till I start building my final team slowly on both games) Obviously, Kingdra's still there... <3

There were also two discussions that I cannot quote, but I'll drop a few lines anyway...

The Pirates Thing: You all know what I think about them, basically the same that all of you. You also know what to do about it "Don't buy them and tell your friends, and they to theirs and so on to NEVER buy anything that's not from Nintendo" (meh, hate when I sound like a Nintendo staffer... -_-)

The Gotta Catch'em All Thing: The chance to finally get all of them (just for collecting reasons) is one of the things I always wanted to have in a Pokemon game made by Nintendo, but since they never do things the easy way, someone has to do it (yay, now I didn't sound like a Nintendo staffer... XD), besides finding the Hoenn Pokemon is something just for the people dedicated into it, you'd probably play the game normally and find only about a 30% of the Hoenn Pokemon around, so it really doesn't affect gameplay.
Just a matter of opinions, really. But it's my hack, so my opinion is supreme on this aspect :P

Well, gotta post more screenshots before keep checking the threads, let's see... It's Celadon time!

image027ts6.png
image028pw7.png
image029fa6.png
image030jg7.png

News? I'm gonna try Baro's guide to Level Scripts to see if my idea 'bout the Legendary <something> trio would turn out more easy than I thought. And I'm gonna be repracticing some music inserting as well.
2 tile set errors in the last screen

And 1 in the second

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2008
Not sure if they are bugs or not.
1. HOHO cant be catch because it always say its already been capture by someone.(i Got it down to less than 10 hp with paralyzed.I tried with 30+ pokemon balls 4 ultra balls)
2. The fly tm can only fly to the towns where gym 4 and 6 is.
3. Also i think one of my pokemon got some lvls boost after the new 4V xbeta. 10 lvls i guess

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
no

no they are not it is possible to catch ho-oh i dont now about the fyl or the other one maybe it is rom it might not be clean

Jvg

Sir JvG for Friends
Years
I never posted but I always looked to the new stuff and I am really impressed! Great screens, The only G/S/C remake I like is this one because it was the firt one I knew. I started Playing the beta but I never came far, but this time I will! Your doing a really great job Zel, Go On!

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2010
Wow Zel, this looks amazing,I can't wait to play beta 5, and... Your'e almost 1000 posts!!! Good luck for the rest of the hack!!!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
eheheh... oh well... Hey zel, congrats and keep it up!!!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Yep... amazing hack.
Just keep it up, Zel. Hope you make it to Beta 5 and until the end of the game, which is probably going to beat the "farthest game anyone's ever worked until" since he made it so close to the end of Johto and eventually Kanto.

Keep it up!

~stock23~

Crystall Remaker
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2007
WTF! These hack is very pretty^^ how have you done the cool trees?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

I guess you're new around here...

^^ Well, zel has made lot's of work for this hack to be simply amazing for years now!

Yeah, zel is amazing, also his team that helps him make this possible.

Apple Inc.

This Changes Everything. Again
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
the thing about making the x version is it is like over a hundred trainers to boost with hundreds of pokemon to boost and i must say im dissapointed because zel didnt post today, probably because there was nothing to say or answer

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
WHEN WILL THEY GET BETA 5 OUT?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is the worlds most perfect example of SPAM I have ever seen. However I will humor you; Zel doesn't give release dates but I assure you, it's gonna be a while.

... i must say im dissapointed because zel didnt post today, probably because there was nothing to say or answer

You know I have seen him post at like....12 am so....yeah. And who cares if he didn't post today, for all you know he could be working on something big. Or he's really busy with school. Or he dosen't want to post cause he just relesed some screens yesterday. OR (This is the last one, I swear) He's so wrapped up on working on SG that he doesn't want to post.

Anyway, Zel, those screens look awesome! I must say you have come a long way since I first stumbled along this thread in December of last year.

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2008
1. HOHO cant be catch because it always say its already been capture by someone.(i Got it down to less than 10 hp with paralyzed.I tried with 30+ pokemon balls 4 ultra balls)

I think you're talking about "it appeared to be caught", that doestn't mean it is captured by someone else...

also i have a question...

how do i beat Carlos after going through lance and the elite4 without using my sacred fire?? it's really hard to do that, i must have defeated him if only i knew that he was there so i could have prepared... so what do i do now T-T, my only plan is to lose to him anyway the whiteout money im going to give is less than what i've earned....

Last edited:

Pieandcowz

Teh Moo Cow
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2014
Hey Zel,

I think you should add some really awesome music for the tv/radio thing. it would be pretty neat.

MegaTailzChao

how do i shot arrows
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 12, 2010
I must say, Celadon is looking very impressive. In the original game, it was bare and boring, but they was you've represented it makes it look like a completely new and fun town. Keep up the good work!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
2 tile set errors in the last screen

And 1 in the second

Can you specify where are them? 'cause I think I'm really going blind or something...

2. The fly tm can only fly to the towns where gym 4 and 6 is.
3. Also i think one of my pokemon got some lvls boost after the new 4V xbeta. 10 lvls i guess

Basically, I think this could be a problem of double-patching (well, I'm judging how you wrote the 3. so, that leads me to think of a double-patching)

Well, I keep trying and trying till I get the best rip and edition from DP. I still want to get a better DP-esque tall grass, 'cause the one I currently have... well...

and i must say im dissapointed because zel didnt post today, probably because there was nothing to say or answer

Well, I have my own business, as you can imagine. Besides it's not like I should ALWAYS reply to the thread.
And, well... I checked the forums while being offline and things were really heated so that took the motivation to come and keep posting :'(

also i have a question...

how do i beat Carlos after going through lance and the elite4 without using my sacred fire?? it's really hard to do that, i must have defeated him if only i knew that he was there so i could have prepared... so what do i do now T-T, my only plan is to lose to him anyway the whiteout money im going to give is less than what i've earned....

Most likely you already took the decision of losing, and retry again. One lose is not the end of the world, anyway (Besides losing against me is something not to worry about XD)

Hey Zel,

I think you should add some really awesome music for the tv/radio thing. it would be pretty neat.

The idea in the first place should be to have everything as it was in the original, but, you can expect some changes as things won't be exactly as in the original (due to incompatibility stuff)

...So, I finished learning everything about modifying the Level Scripts, so I put that information (thanks again Baro, this saves me the trouble of adding a lot of Script Events around!!!) to good use and now I am able to handle almost all the Johto exterior maps (except Ruins of Alph and Lake of Rage 'cause I was lazy). With that, I have the first part of the legendary dogs (well, I'm gonna call them that if you don't care), the part where they are able to show up in any Johto Map (dealing with a good number of variables), but now they have to be visible using the random function. Yes, you will be able to see and interact with them, not finding them as wild pokemon in the grass. But, with the randomization, it's kinda the same effect in the end.
Hope you understand something about what I just said. If not, I'm gonna make a video about it as soon as I finish the whole event, anyway.

Back