• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
Those sprites up there are very good.
Here's my newest:

x363v5.png

Please give me any pro-comment on how can I improve it.

Last edited:

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Those sprites up there are very good.
Here's my newest:

x363v5.png

Please give me any pro-comment on how can I improve it.
A bit small for me, but oh well. Otherwise, it looks nice. Did you use Mewtwo's sprite's palette, or create a new one?
As for me... another R/S/E sprite revamp. This time...
SwampertRSERevamp_zps8956e144.png

SWAMPERT!
I scratched a few parts, redid some shading, et cetera.

Silversnk

Valar Dohaeris
Years
Looks really nice. There are some outlines missing (his left arm, right If you look it front). If you look at the sprite, light's coming from left to right, so darker outlines should be on the right. On the right orange thing coming out of his cheek, the middle one should be pointier, instead of round. I know it's smaller but I keep looking at that point as odd. Parts circled in red are the ones I think that need to be fixed.

1pcj8h.png

Also, a more saturated blue would fit it very nicely. Good work :)

PD: the pallete is of my own

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years
Looks really nice. There are some outlines missing (his left arm, right If you look it front). If you look at the sprite, light's coming from left to right, so darker outlines should be on the right. On the right orange thing coming out of his cheek, the middle one should be pointier, instead of round. I know it's smaller but I keep looking at that point as odd. Parts circled in red are the ones I think that need to be fixed.

1pcj8h.png

Also, a more saturated blue would fit it very nicely. Good work :)

PD: the pallete is of my own
Ah! I noticed what you meant. So, I fixed a few things.
SwampertRSERevamp_zps4a5f5769.png

However, with my revamps I use the newest palette from that species. So, I won't be saturating that blue anytime soon.

Years
@LuxLax, this place is to critique sprites and to post your own. For that kind of discussion, please use the General Discussion thread. Any further spam will be deleted and if repeated, the user will be warned.

LuxLax

Want-To-Be Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2013
Okay, sorry Logiedan. But I made a sprite you can judge!
greeny.png

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
Years
  • Age 27
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jul 12, 2015
Lava Tiles

Hey you guys! i have some lava tiles for you!

t9ytj5.png

Here they are!
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
You should put something in there like bubbles or something. It just plainly looks like a pool of BLOOD....

Demon Days

Element of Magic
Years

I would've made this and put it in the WPC, but it's fully scratch this time. Oh well.
Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you... Regigigas's Rock Peak Forme. Part recolour, part fusion, part scratch.

Apparently X/Y will introduce more fusing Pokémon or something, so it got me thinking that Regigigas formed the Regi trio out of itself. What if you were to fuse one of the Regis with Regigigas? Presumably, it'd turn Regigigas into part of its old look. So I made this. Will I make the Iceberg and Iron Formes? Maybe. Probably. Certainly. Whenever, however, is up to me. So, any thoughts?

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
May get some feedback on this sprite?

pispark.png

It's one of my fakes, Pispark. The little yellow nub between its legs is its tail, it wouldn't come out like the little bolt its supposed to be so, I just winged it. ^^; Anyways, I'm still learning how to properly sprite and I've gotten it down for the most part. I just have trouble getting the outlines right. Obviously. I've gotten quite a few helpful tips from people, but no matter how hard I try, I can never get it right. xD; Anyways, some constructive criticism is much appreciated.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
May get some feedback on this sprite?

pispark.png

It's one of my fakes, Pispark. The little yellow nub between its legs is its tail, it wouldn't come out like the little bolt its supposed to be so, I just winged it. ^^; Anyways, I'm still learning how to properly sprite and I've gotten it down for the most part. I just have trouble getting the outlines right. Obviously. I've gotten quite a few helpful tips from people, but no matter how hard I try, I can never get it right. xD; Anyways, some constructive criticism is much appreciated.
Well, here's my comment. His outline still looks messy. It looks dotted especially that part of his round head. It's so rough and looks a little distorted. (Like when you take a large sprite and resizing it without anti-aliasing). I suggest making it smoother. On the tail though, since it's an actual bolt (or I misunderstood it that it should just LOOK LIKE a Bolt like Pikachu's) shouldn't a light be illuminating from it? Or you can even try to make it a little longer to get the shape of a bolt even just a little. Also when I didn't read your post first and just cluelessly looked at your sprite, shhh.... I thought it was its di** Hahah! :P :)

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
Well, here's my comment. His outline still looks messy. It looks dotted especially that part of his round head. It's so rough and looks a little distorted. (Like when you take a large sprite and resizing it without anti-aliasing). I suggest making it smoother. On the tail though, since it's an actual bolt (or I misunderstood it that it should just LOOK LIKE a Bolt like Pikachu's) shouldn't a light be illuminating from it? Or you can even try to make it a little longer to get the shape of a bolt even just a little. Also when I didn't read your post first and just cluelessly looked at your sprite, shhh.... I thought it was its di** Hahah! :P :)

Hence why I mentioned it was a tail. ^^;

It's supposed to look like a lightning bolt, I should have elaborated on that. Here is a version where the head isn't outlined and I lengthened the tail. I can't make it longer, otherwise it wouldn't match up with the artwork.

Pispark1.png

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
Hence why I mentioned it was a tail. ^^;

It's supposed to look like a lightning bolt, I should have elaborated on that. Here is a version where the head isn't outlined and I lengthened the tail. I can't make it longer, otherwise it wouldn't match up with the artwork.

Pispark1.png

Well, why not try this one? You really shouldn't save up palettes because you have all those sixteen slots all for your Pokemon.

You can modify that if you want. I'm just saying how it should be from my POV.

Years
The solid black outline isn't that great, I would recommend just using a really dark shade of the yellow you have to go into the B/W style. For example, look at your Thunboar in that mockup screenshot, it uses a lot of dark outline and colours to really capture the B/W style which I'm assuming.

I personally don't like the style of the eyes, you could always add some of the white apart from the pupil. Kind of like Wartortle's eyes:
Spr_5b_008.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back