• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Hack name: Pokemon Unknown Mysteries

Hack of: Pokemon Ruby

Finished percentage: 10% About done. (Mostly Mapping.)

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Spriting, Inserting Stats and Dex Data.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Spriting, Script Inserter and Music Editor.

Go to Team Shine If you want to help.

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Rumble Rock
Hack of: Pokemon fire red

Finished percentage: 5% About done - mapping only

Your hacking skills: Mapping and general busy work

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting

Maybe a one of job but if you want to get involved you will always be welcome...

Pm me for details...

Last edited:

boktor666

I Learnz hacks.
Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
Hack name: Pokemon Tao

Hack of: Most likely Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: A new adventure, that will take place in a world where Buddhism monks and Pokémon are living together, however, the peace that they long for will soon be interrupted.

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: a little overworld spriting, a little of mapping, but a lot of story experience.

What help or skill you're looking for: I'm looking for someone who can create a tileset that is themed in the old monastary style of ancient Japan and China. I will also need information on how to change the sprites of the Player (the back of the trainer in battle pre-choosing pokemon) and the sprites for the proffesor oak, as he needs to be changed. If also possible, I would like to know the place of the mugshots and NPC trainer battle sprites.

Additional contact information: You can email me at [email protected], wich is also my adress for Google Talk.

Additional information: Hope to get helped, as this is my first hack.

Years
Hack name: Pokemon Sphene

Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack:

Storyline:
Spoiler:

Features:
Spoiler:

Finished percentage: 25%

Your hacking skills: Very experienced mapper (not like most people, I know how to make good maps), Non-Game graphics (Userbars, and banners), Experienced Storyline

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, and maybe some title screen maker/inserter.

Additional contact information: Just PM, or email at [email protected]

Additional information: This is will be one of the first hacks to have a Facebook Page :) lol. If you want me to join a group the team will have to have Sphene as a project also :S because I have done alot of mapping (up to Beta 1.5). Many changes are going on so things may change.

If you don't know what a a 'sphene' is look here (Sphene is another name for Titanite)

Kobold Asylum

It's Trolling Time
Years
Hack name: Project Glistening

Hack of: Leaf Green

Additional information about the hack: It will be a lot like Moemon, just with all adult characters and lots of political jokes and references as well as poking fun at all kinds of famous people.

Finished percentage: 5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping / Scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriters editors, Tile Editors, music editors.

Additional contact information: email: [email protected]

Additional information: I don't check PC often so please email me if interested. This project is a Bi Winning project so its worth being a part of.

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: None, you could click my signature to view my hack first.

Finished percentage: 1% to finish all of it.

Your hacking skills: Mapping,scripting,tile maker/insert-er,music hacking.

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for Spriter to sprite trainer sprites and back sprite for heroes/heroine, and their o/w as well.

Additional contact information: Pm me here on pc.

Additional information: I am looking for at least an advance in spriting not some spriting which don't look that good since i want quality..

Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2014
Pokemon Cobalt

Hack Name: Pokemon Cobalt
Hack Of: FireRed
(No Im not bandwagoning, Im just more comfortable with it than i am with RSE, and all my resources are already in FRLG style)
Additional Information: This game takes place in the brand-new Cobal region,which is directly north of Kanto

I would post pictures, but I havent posted enough here to be able to post URLs :(. Contact me and I can show you what Ive got

I have the entire region mapped out, and am currently in the process of revamping each area, getting rid of tile errors, making everything flow more smoothly. I really don't need any help here, TBH.

Basic Storyline
Spoiler:

New Pokemon
Spoiler:

This hack has been swimming around in my head since my freshman year in high school. im about to graduate, and i wana get this thing out of my head and into actual game form.

Finished Percentage: 10-12%
I still have a long way to go, but if I have help, I know I can see it through to the end.

Hacking Skills: My most developed skill would probably be mapping. I mapped out all of Johto for the fun of it, and ive re-designed this region 2 or 3 times. I can make and edit tiles and put blocks together, so Id say i got mapping under control
Spritework- Im okay, but a lot of my time is going to be focused on mapping and importing stuff into the rom, so I may not have much time to do actual spritework myself
Scripts- Im still trying to learn. Im not one of those that are like "Pfffft this is too hard ill leave it all to someone else." But te sooner I can get some actual scripts into the game and not just signposts or static people, the better. This is mainly where I need help.
Pokemon design- Ive figured out how to import new sprites, change movepools/stats/etc. But im not the best at actually designing or balancing a pokemon, so ill need help here.

Looking For: Scripters, Artists, Writers, Pokemon designers. Ill help and do what I can where I can, but one head can only do so much.

Contact Information
email - [email protected]
[email protected]

Sorry for the walls of text, but I wanted this one to kinda stand out from the generic "HE1P M3 PL0X!!!!1!!!111" threads. Hope you guys like what you see, and have enough faith in what Ive presented to think that this will be a worthwhile hack.

See ya

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years

Maybe a one of job but if you want to get involved you will always be welcome...

Pm me for details...

Bumping this

Pm me for details...

Bumping this

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Hack Name: Pokemon Electric Yellow

Additional: It's a remake of Yellow, but with anime styling. I want to keep certain elements of the original intact that I haven't seen in other hacks, while throwing in parts of the anime for new matierial (like more than one battle with Mewtwo, difficult revamped gym battles, Indigo League boss battle before the Elite Four). Basically it's an Yellow/Anime mix, but more Yellow in mechanics, without the episode like feel you see in anime hacks.

Finished Percentage: 5%

Your Hacking Skills: Graphics mainly. I have a background with art graphics, so I've done well with altering sprites, making tilesets, character alterations, so forth.

Help or Skills Your Looking For: The problem is everthing else. I know little about scripting, or how to use certain tools correctly. Iwould like learn to how to do this though, so tutoring help/answering questions would be much appreciated.

Additional Contact Information: PM me here on PC

Buggyo

I read the news today, oh boy.
Years
Hack name: Pokemon SoulSun

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: It's going to be a pretty standard game, just going for a high-quality and satisfying game. No Fakemon; only the first 251 are going to be available. I have much much more detail if you're interested.

Finished percentage: 1%?

Your hacking skills: Mapping and scripting.

What help or skill you're looking for: Primarily graphics: what I need the most help with is tile insertion. I'm not asking for someone to make me a tileset, I just need someone to insert them for me... I'll be using mainly Alistair/other freely distributed tiles. I also may need help with OW editing, spritework, and more specific graphics work, but tile insertion is the main thing.

Additional contact information: Send me a PM and we can discuss how to keep in touch. My timezone is US Eastern btw.

Additional information: You can help as much or as little as you want! Thanks. :)

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: Pokemon Rumble Rock is a traditional style game however the gyms and E4 have been removed, we were doing find until we hit a snag tile inserting.

Finished percentage: Demo version released soon (up to first gym if we had gyms)

Your hacking skills: Mapping

What help or skill you're looking for: Just someone to redo tile set one from scratch.

Contact info: skype: jabberjabber8, or [email protected]
MSN: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Or just Pm / Vm me.

Additional information: Not a lot to say except... Please help!

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
I am asking again..

Hack name:
Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds

Additional information about the hack: None, you could click my signature to view my hack first.

Your hacking skills: Mapping,scripting,tile maker/insert-er,music hacking, Graphic hacking

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for Spriter to sprite trainer sprites and back sprite for heroes/heroine, and their o/w as well and also other sprites and o/w like prof, evil team, rivals..etc. and maybe few fakemons to offer to use in my hack...

Additional information: I am looking for at least an advance in spriting not some spriting which don't look that good since i want quality..

oh yea

ROM playa
Years
  • Seen May 2, 2011
Hack name: Legend of Lance

Additional information about the hack: Youre lance....(read more at the bottom)

Finished percentage: 0% (just came up with idea)

Your hacking skills: basically none, I have great story line idea though and they wont be to hard to hack unlike some other peoples games

What help or skill you're looking for: basically every thing

Additional contact information: E-mail me if interested [email protected]

Additional information: your lance growing up a generation before ash and Your best friend/rival is giovanni. Its in Johto and your goal(s) are to become pokemon master/dragon master/make own organization to rival team rocker

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
Trying again, since my previous request is the previous page..-_-"

Hack name:
Pokemon Dimension Legends: Alternate Worlds

Your hacking skills: Mapping,scripting,tile maker/insert-er,music hacking, Graphic hacking

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for Spriter to sprite trainer sprites and back sprite for heroes/heroine, and their o/w as well and also other sprites and o/w like prof, evil team, rivals..etc...

Dark pokemon

Beginner Hacker
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Adventures Red
Hack of: Firered

Additional information about the hack:This is a remake of the Pokemon Red arc of the Pokemon adventure manga

Finished percentage: 10%

Your hacking skills: mapping, scripting(between beginner and advance)

What help or skill you're looking for: I'm looking for a spriter to do a few sprites Firered doesn't have.

Additional contact information: just PM me

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2014
Hack name: Pokemon Royal (Working Title, not official)

Hack of: Ruby/Sapphire (Haven't decided

Additional information about the hack: I started it about 3 years ago, quit, got my account deleted somehow, and lost all my progress. Time to start again!

Finished percentage: 1%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, scripting

What help or skill you're looking for: I am looking for any spriters or scripters, or even just someone to point me to the scripting tool I haven't found yet :/

EDIT: Dw, found hackmews stuff again

Additional information: I am looking for a dedicated, good spriter who will be willing to add 50+ pokemon over the course of the development.

Last edited:

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
Hack name:Pokemon unown

Hack of:Firered

Additional information about the hack:It needs some work lol

Finished percentage:about 1-3

Your hacking skills:Tile inserting, scripting (a litle i really meen a little)

What help or skill you're looking for:I need a region map editor please i need a titlescreen editor(must be a bit advanced for both thinks[it must look profesional])

Additional contact information:uhm PM VM for now if you can help i will find easier ways

Additional information:please help i need your help i am not good at everything lol so please contact me

Slicer224

Pokemon Amethyst-WIP
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Amethyst. (Yes I know its already been done.)

Hack of:Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: It will have a new region, Osaken. And plenty of your favorite Pokemon, and even some Fakemon maybe.

Finished percentage:about 1-3

Your hacking skills:Sprite Insertion via unLZ, spriting (half decent), Map planning, Advanced Text.

Additional contact information: my e-mail is [email protected]

Additional information:I need tile inserters, and overworld spriters that can match the style on the ones I have already. Also I will need a few mappers, and scripters.

Years
  • Age 23
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 7, 2024
Hack name: Pokemon: World of Darkness (working title)

Additional information about the hack: PM me

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, plotting and almost anything you can do with tools minus tileset making, scripting and spriting.

What help or skill you're looking for: Everything except plotting.

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back