• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2012 Survivor's Party @ Drakow's House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
We talkin' about babies?

I'm 17 so I won't have to worry about that any time soon. But to be completely honest with myself, given my status as a social misfit and socially inept person, I'm probably going to die alone and I've actually learned to accept that and I'm actually completely fine with this fact.
Don't think that way. You're only 17 and I'm sure you'll find a guy that you love and he loves you back sometime soon. There will be boys who accept you for who you are and those are the ones that will care for you and always be there for you, the ones who understand you.

Pregnancy and having a baby is a whole different subject, the only time I would thinking about being a Dad is when I'm in a very comfortable relationship at least 24 and am ready to be a Father.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I want to be at least 35 tbh before I even consider a kid. I am not sure if I want kids. Sucks because I know for women the prime age is probably actually like 28 or something so your body can actually go back to the way it was before pregnancy. Though tbh pregnancy scares me the living days out of me : |

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
We talkin' about babies?

I'm 17 so I won't have to worry about that any time soon. But to be completely honest with myself, given my status as a social misfit and socially inept person, I'm probably going to die alone and I've actually learned to accept that and I'm actually completely fine with this fact.

Whoa whoa whoa. 17 is way too young to give up on things like that. My best friend, who's really adorable, funny, smart, nerdy, and an all-around great person never even dated a single person until we got into college.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
Whoa whoa whoa. 17 is way too young to give up on things like that. My best friend, who's really adorable, funny, smart, nerdy, and an all-around great person never even dated a single person until we got into college.
I have one or two friends in real life and I spend my time in class sitting as far back in the corner as possible (of my own free will) and try to blend in as much as possible.

The chance of someone taking notice of me and engaging in conversation with ME (i.e. the only way I'll end up getting into a relationship) is slim to none.

Years
I have one or two friends in real life and I spend my time in class sitting as far back in the corner as possible (of my own free will) and try to blend in as much as possible.

The chance of someone taking notice of me and engaging in conversation with ME (i.e. the only way I'll end up getting into a relationship) is slim to none.
Don't worry about that now, you have a whole life to live and there a plenty of fish in the sea. You're not gonna stay in this class forever, sometime you're gonna go out and meet someone who cares for you, girl or boy.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020

The fact that you're still even in a class is already enough to tell you you're worrying about these kind of things at wayy to young ;p You shouldn't even think about those kind of things now, you're barely out of school yet!
I thought that way too but eventually it will come your way.

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
The fact that you're still even in a class is already enough to tell you you're worrying about these kind of things at wayy to young ;p You shouldn't even think about those kind of things now, you're barely out of school yet!
I thought that way too but eventually it will come your way.
Everybody I know and met already has a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not really too early when it's shoved into my face every day. :/

I've learned to just deal with it. If something happens, it'll happen, but I'm not going to cheat myself by giving myself any sort of false hope. (I'm a pessimistic person)

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Everybody I know and met already has a boyfriend/girlfriend. It's not really too early when it's shoved into my face every day. :/

I've learned to just deal with it. If something happens, it'll happen, but I'm not going to cheat myself by giving myself any sort of false hope. (I'm a pessimistic person)

I don't know why you're so concerned about it..
If you want a partner, then why aren't you making an effort to speak to new people?
I mean, obviously you know someone's not just gonna fall on your lap, and also, you don't need to go out every day and specifically search for someone either.

Whatever happens will happen as you say too, but I'll tell you that a negative attitude is generally not an attractive one.. so enjoy being single. Enjoy your "solitude" too. We are born alone and we die alone too. There is nothing wrong with being alone, but if you're looking for someone for the sake of just feeling like you -need- someone to be there for you, or because you are jealous of other couples, then you're looking for someone for the wrong reasons.

It has nothing to do with hope. Just chat to someone- even if it's a cop out easy topic like "Hey, did you find the homework hard yesterday?" If they think you're a weirdo or you mess up.. who cares? It's not like they're gonna go home and spend the whole night thinking that the way you said hi was slightly gurgly because it was the first thing you said that morning, or whatever else might "mess up" when you chat to them.

If you're unhappy with something in your life, you have to take some initiative to change it, either by accepting it and enjoying what you have now, or taking action. (Changing your frame of mind, or changing your routine.)
In theory it's simple, in practice it's hard.. but it's better than sitting there brooding and looking around at all the people holding hands and feeling sorry for yourself.

Anddd.. that's all from Kura M.D. PhD tonight. Lols..

Fuyuki~

Banned
Years
I don't know why you're so concerned about it..
If you want a partner, then why aren't you making an effort to speak to new people?
I mean, obviously you know someone's not just gonna fall on your lap, and also, you don't need to go out every day and specifically search for someone either.

Whatever happens will happen as you say too, but I'll tell you that a negative attitude is generally not an attractive one.. so enjoy being single. Enjoy your "solitude" too. We are born alone and we die alone too. There is nothing wrong with being alone, but if you're looking for someone for the sake of just feeling like you -need- someone to be there for you, or because you are jealous of other couples, then you're looking for someone for the wrong reasons.

It has nothing to do with hope. Just chat to someone- even if it's a cop out easy topic like "Hey, did you find the homework hard yesterday?" If they think you're a weirdo or you mess up.. who cares? It's not like they're gonna go home and spend the whole night thinking that the way you said hi was slightly gurgly because it was the first thing you said that morning, or whatever else might "mess up" when you chat to them.

If you're unhappy with something in your life, you have to take some initiative to change it, either by accepting it and enjoying what you have now, or taking action. (Changing your frame of mind, or changing your routine.)
In theory it's simple, in practice it's hard.. but it's better than sitting there brooding and looking around at all the people holding hands and feeling sorry for yourself.

Anddd.. that's all from Kura M.D. PhD tonight. Lols..

But I don't care about it. That's why I've been saying that I've learned to accept it and that I probably won't even be sad that I'm going to die alone. I want a partner but it isn't one of my priorities at the moment and I really don't care one way or the other. I'm perfectly content just sitting in the corner not interacting with anyone unless they interact with me. That's just the way I am.

As for your tips, perhaps you don't realize just how socially awkward I am. I'm deathly afraid of social interaction on the simplest level because of past experiences I refuse to let go. I would sooner jump off a cliff than interact with people I don't know of my own free will. I know some of you are going to take the first sentence of this paragraph and reply to it saying that I should let it go and I'll never progress socially unless I do, but I've had people telling me this for the longest time. Someone telling me to this on the internet in different wording isn't going to change it unfortunately, but thanks for all the advice.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
But I don't care about it. That's why I've been saying that I've learned to accept it and that I probably won't even be sad that I'm going to die alone. I want a partner but it isn't one of my priorities at the moment and I really don't care one way or the other. I'm perfectly content just sitting in the corner not interacting with anyone unless they interact with me. That's just the way I am.

As for your tips, perhaps you don't realize just how socially awkward I am. I'm deathly afraid of social interaction on the simplest level. I would sooner jump off a cliff than do it of my own free will (interact with people I don't know)

Well just depends on if you're genuinely happy like that.. or if you want that to change/ are going through a hormonal change that is making you feel down and feel that way about your situation. There is always an option of therapy, and through school it is generally a free service, too.. so it's better now to take advantage of it now if you want to.

Just saying, that in this situation, you can be your own worst enemy.. but heck if you're content then that's perfectly fine too. There's no one formula to personal happiness :3

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020

I was gonna say, just because people get boyfriends when they're 16 and whatever doesn't mean that's necessarily what you have to live up to or what's the "norm". It completely depends on the person and also the way someone is raised, where they live, what kind of people are around them, etc etc.

But yeah what Kura said, if that's what floats your boat then it's okay!

Guys what are your pet peeves? My worst one is when there is this empty space between the blanket and the cover lmao.

Kanto_Johto

Never glimpse the truth
Years

I starting going out with my first girlfriend when I was 18. Not everyone starts having sexual relationships at 15 and 16. And even then those people who did start early might not find themselves in a serious and committed relationship for many years afterwards. You'll find someone, trust me.

Guys what are your pet peeves? My worst one is when there is this empty space between the blanket and the cover lmao.
People who say "Should/Could of" instead of "Should/Could have". That really drives me up the wall.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Wait Yoshi what's the difference between a blanket and a cover? Have I been sleeping wrong?!

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I have bed sheets and a quilt on my bed, sometimes in the winter I also have a blanket because it always seems to be freezing in my room.

Years
A cover probably is a cover sheet, or sheet. Not the fitted sheet on your bed.

Blankets are also technically covers because they cover you while you sleep, though.

And then comforters are the behemoth blankets that have a ton of padding.

That should cover your question as well as any questions that would have been raised because of my first statement.

Also, wintertime makes comforters amazing, though I sometimes need two of them here in Minnesota.

Years
Cozy house, so I stick to the norm; ye old duvet with the usual bed setup. I sleep well so I don't really mind, I sleep with 3 pillows so my head is always relaxed wherever I lay on my bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back