• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Pure Gold

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
Umm,i am not using the "Complete hackrom cheat"
Sorry,but i didn`t used cheats,i used mi Pokemon Ruby Savestate and i put it into your Hack,
that`s not a Gameshark or action Replay,i only used fly in my Raiquaza and i flew to Alazea,and the
rest...Just Exploring,Sorry,i`m goint to delete that image.

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Hey!!! What's wrong with you guys? The Alpha ends in Cherrygrove and you're playing up to Azalea. The use of cheat codes are strictly prohibited on my hack and that cheat happens because of using the walk through walls code. Can't you be a bit patient and wait for an official beta release.

WOW

Man these guys really are impatient T-T i am still waiting for the beta and they can't? o.o

hectord25

It's so Dark here
Years
  • Seen Jul 14, 2016
I am not being impatient,i was just exploring the progress in the hack,and what`s wrong for being fan of a hackrom?

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
Years
Guys, while azalea might be finished, I'm fairly sure that the scripts he made were a bit buggy, and Zodiac didn't want you to judge the hack on that. Zodiac, there's a guy on youtube that made these amazing gsc remixes for the gba. You should ask him if you can use some of them. Here's his page. http://www.youtube.com/user/arugurete He can speak english, if you were worried that he couldn't.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Just my opinion, I strongly suggest using some of that guy on Youtube's music, rather than using the music in your beta so far. I noticed that you used New Bark Town & Cianwood's music from LiquidCrystal, and to be honest those remixes aren't that great. You said in the first post that the G/S/C tunes will be present, so why not use music that's actually in the same key as the original. The New Bark Town music you're using is in the key of Bb, while the G/S/C New Bark Town music is in the key of D. If you want, I can change the key into D, but then you would have to re-loop and re-insert it.

Also I don't recommend using FR/LG's Johto Music on Five, Six, and Seven Islands, because none of those are in the same key as the original.

Last edited:

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Uh, they weren't from Liquid Crystal they were clonex's midis which he looped. Currently I would not like to touch the music yet, anyway I don't think it's that bad... You guys sure have great sensitive ears XD So, in the future I'll really need these opinions lol

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Just my opinion, I strongly suggest using some of that guy on Youtube's music, rather than using the music in your beta so far. I noticed that you used New Bark Town & Cianwood's music from LiquidCrystal, and to be honest those remixes aren't that great. You said in the first post that the G/S/C tunes will be present, so why not use music that's actually in the same key as the original. The New Bark Town music you're using is in the key of Bb, while the G/S/C New Bark Town music is in the key of D. If you want, I can change the key into D, but then you would have to re-loop and re-insert it.

Also I don't recommend using FR/LG's Johto Music on Five, Six, and Seven Islands, because none of those are in the same key as the original.
Honestly, being in a different key from the original isn't bad. Maybe if they had music other than beeping variations back then it would have been originally put in the remade-esque key. Either way, it's just opinion ig.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Honestly, being in a different key from the original isn't bad. Maybe if they had music other than beeping variations back then it would have been originally put in the remade-esque key. Either way, it's just opinion ig.
Well, IIRC, not very many people liked FR/LG's music, because they changed the key of over half the songs. But from what I've read, it appears that many people love HG/SS's music, because every single song is in the same key as the original (Except the Ecruteak, Cianwood, and Rocket Encounter themes).

So if you want nostalgic music, it's best to keep them in the same key as the originals.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
It shouldn't sound off, chances are people are being picky. The music sounds great to me.

IMO the music isn't bad, it's in the correct key, only difference is that GBC used synth instruments, GBA uses up to 5 direct sound instruments and 3 synth. Key changes aren't bad, Nintendo changed keys for Heart Gold and Soul Silver completely. Because having 10+ instruments per song would obviously change the key...So people saying Nintendo never did that, are talking nonsense. Not to mention Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Music Sucks. I'm sure fellow remakers and the decent hackers will agree. The additional bits added to songs in HG/ SS and the bad instrument choice was a turn-off but the key was okay.

Make sure your instrument choice is decent and not like Heart Gold/ Soul Silvers.

Either way, I could Remix songs for you, Zodiac. You have my MSN anyways. I'll have proof of work. However, I'm so awesome that I'll doubt you'll need it. :)
~Zeikku

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
It shouldn't sound off, chances are people are being picky. The music sounds great to me.

IMO the music isn't bad, it's in the correct key, only difference is that GBC used synth instruments, GBA uses up to 5 direct sound instruments and 3 synth. Key changes aren't bad, Nintendo changed keys for Heart Gold and Soul Silver completely. Because having 10+ instruments per song would obviously change the key...So people saying Nintendo never did that, are talking nonsense. Not to mention Heart Gold/ Soul Silver Music Sucks. I'm sure fellow remakers and the decent hackers will agree. The additional bits added to songs in HG/ SS and the bad instrument choice was a turn-off but the key was okay.

Make sure your instrument choice is decent and not like Heart Gold/ Soul Silvers.

Either way, I could Remix songs for you, Zodiac. You have my MSN anyways. I'll have proof of work. However, I'm so awesome that I'll doubt you'll need it. :)
~Zeikku
You don't understand the concept of keys. HG/SS songs are in the same key as the original. The amount of instruments you have has absolutely nothing to do with what key a song is in.

Now really, I bet you can't even identify what key is what. The HG/SS songs are in the same key as G/S/C, and no amount of instruments can change that. And the music that clonex made is in a different key, his New Bark Town music is in Bb Major, while the G/S/C/HG/SS New Bark music is in D Major.

Because having 10+ instruments per song would obviously change the key...
That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
Years
You don't understand the concept of keys. HG/SS songs are in the same key as the original. The amount of instruments you have has absolutely nothing to do with what key a song is in.

Now really, I bet you can't even identify what key is what. The HG/SS songs are in the same key as G/S/C, and no amount of instruments can change that. And the music that clonex made is in a different key, his New Bark Town music is in Bb Major, while the G/S/C/HG/SS New Bark music is in D Major.

That is the dumbest statement I have ever heard.

Considering I'm a musician. I'd watch it. One key doesn't make up a song, a song can start on one key and change, it's not consistent. Playing on one key, all the way through a song makes it predictable. Like your posts.

The songs in-game sound near enough the same. And who knows, maybe clone wanted to make it sound original. Do keys matter that much?! NO! They don't. Stop finding little pointless things that bug you personally, and making a big deal out of it.

Oh and Keep your panties on, when you're talking to me. Have some respect. Especially, when all I did was post my opinion.

I pointed out something simple and you flipped out and for that, you're probably the dumbest person I have heard.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2010
Wow, this looks amazing! Are the screenshots deceiving me or does it really have night and day time sets? Because that is just amazing! I'll have to try it out. Thanks for posting this awesome looking hack!

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Spoiler:

I pointed out something simple and you flipped out and for that, you're probably the dumbest person I have heard.
You didn't point out something simple. In fact, what you pointed out wasn't even correct.

Considering I'm a musician, and that can read standard musical notation, jazz musical notation, have perfect pitch, know how to play Guitar, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, and band-geek, can instantly identify what key a song is in, and when/if it changes, memorized all 12 major and minor scales. I'd watch it.

My opinion was, I think if Zodiac is going for a nostalgic feel, he shouldn't use clonex's music. Now this whole argument was pretty pointless, because it's just over a song, but my opinion is still the same.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 26, 2022
Spoiler:

You didn't point out something simple. In fact, what you pointed out wasn't even correct.

Considering I'm a musician, and that can read standard musical notation, jazz musical notation, have perfect pitch, know how to play Guitar, Clarinet, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone, and band-geek, can instantly identify what key a song is in, and when/if it changes, memorized all 12 major and minor scales. I'd watch it.

My opinion was, I think if Zodiac is going for a nostalgic feel, he shouldn't use clonex's music. Now this whole argument was pretty pointless, because it's just over a song, but my opinion is still the same.
HeartGold tiles on an RB remake aren't nostalgic, either, just for the record. ;)

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
The screenies look great. I'm having a problem though. Iv'e tried patching the ips over like 30 times and im still getting a white screen when i start the game. I need serios help on this one. I really love this game and hoping that someone in this community can help me out. Tnx

Back