• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
Otherwise don't pick them up, since they count as a Male when breeding with a Ditto (double whammy against dream world ability inheritance), they cannot pass on hidden abilities.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Does anybody else here take part in GTS Negotiations often?

I've been trying to get a good trade on it just now but either I'm the happy one and they're making sad faces or I'm making sad faces and they're making happy faces.

I wish there was an option to say I just wanted to trade newly hatched pokemon. I've been trying to shift my Mime. Jr for ages but nobody is biting. (Mime. Jr is a reasonbly good trade...at least for another low level pokemon)

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Unfortunately, GTS Negotiations are not the best way to go to trade. It's best to go through the QTT or people's shops if you want to trade.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Unfortunately, GTS Negotiations are not the best way to go to trade. It's best to go through the QTT or people's shops if you want to trade.

It's a shame, it sounds so promising to be able to go into a GTS negotiation and get pokemon you haven't seen in your pokedex. It sounds more convenient than it actually is....

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Unfortunately there's no effective way to communicate with whoever you may wind up with in GTS communications, so using it to find Pokemon you haven't seen yet is really hard. About a year ago, before I joined PC, I needed to find a Vullaby, as it was the last Pokemon family to be seen in my White Version. But it is absolutely nowhere to be found in game. I took to GTS Negotiations and tried EVERYTHING I could think of to let them know that I really needed a Vullaby/Mandibuzz. I tried offering Braviary and spamming the ! button, I tried altering the in game greet to read something like "I want Black Bird" though I don't think that was what I actually said, it wasn't that obvious. I just could not get what I needed. So ultimately, GTS Negotiations isn't what it should be.

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Ok hey everyone! I'm back again =P but this time I'm seriously thinking about staying for a while and opening up a new shop! I have a few new ideas that I'd like to try.
Anyone able to tutor me for a refresher on 4th/5th Gen RNG? I've forgotten so much >.<

tabor62

Years
Ok hey everyone! I'm back again =P but this time I'm seriously thinking about staying for a while and opening up a new shop! I have a few new ideas that I'd like to try.
Anyone able to tutor me for a refresher on 4th/5th Gen RNG? I've forgotten so much >.<

Hey Greg, great to see you are coming back to TC :D I can help you out with BW Breeding, but that's about it. I was too lazy to learn anything else haha. Swing by chat and the rest of us can help you hook up ;) Also mac will be happy to know you're back obviously o 3o (Though he isn't on IRC at the moment :/ )

Clicky clicky :D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Welcome back, even though I never knew you while you were here. I personally do not RNG, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure someone will. Everyone seems so helpful around these parts.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Omo..GREG!!!!
I'm back too! :D Nice to see you. :B

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
Hey Greg, great to see you are coming back to TC :D I can help you out with BW Breeding, but that's about it. I was too lazy to learn anything else haha. Swing by chat and the rest of us can help you hook up ;) Also mac will be happy to know you're back obviously o 3o (Though he isn't on IRC at the moment :/ )

Clicky clicky :D

Hey I'll pop round sometime, I look forward to catching up with everyone and meeting the new folk ^_^

Welcome back, even though I never knew you while you were here. I personally do not RNG, so I can't help you there, but I'm sure someone will. Everyone seems so helpful around these parts.

Thanks! Nice to meet you. It's great to see new faces, helps to keep everything fresh

Omo..GREG!!!!
I'm back too! :D Nice to see you. :B

MIAAA...!!! Great to see you! It's been probably a year sinse I did any CSS or RNG'ing, It'll be like learning it all again >.< noob mk2

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Haha, welcome back Greg. I haven't rng'd in forever myself :D So don't worry about it. I'm glad you're interested in coming back though!

Years
I was about to make a trade with someone on Tumblr for a 3rd gen shiny starter for giveaway on my Black 2 & I went back to the post to get their FC & they're hacks. :( This person already seems to have an attitude so I'm going to try to back out of this gracefully without being rude but nobody wants hacks for trade & I guess if I breed it the offspring would be a hack too & I don't want to trade someone a hacked Pokemon.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Sadly, they're are a lot of hacks out there. I'm glad you caught it though and didn't lose anything.

tabor62

Years
I can't speak for other people, but as long as the Pokemon bred does not inherit anything that would make it a hack (weird moves, abliities, etc.), it's A-Okay in my book. The parent is a whole different matter of course.

Years
Sadly, they're are a lot of hacks out there. I'm glad you caught it though and didn't lose anything.
I went ahead & traded for it. But it was a giveaway so I just traded them a regular old Spoink for it.

I can't speak for other people, but as long as the Pokemon bred does not inherit anything that would make it a hack (weird moves, abliities, etc.), it's A-Okay in my book. The parent is a whole different matter of course.
I'm not familiar with how to hack check things. When I can I'll try breeding it to see if it comes out with anything funky, but I also don't know what's considered weird though either lol.

If nothing else, I'll get the dex entry out of it.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I was about to make a trade with someone on Tumblr for a 3rd gen shiny starter for giveaway on my Black 2 & I went back to the post to get their FC & they're hacks. :( This person already seems to have an attitude so I'm going to try to back out of this gracefully without being rude but nobody wants hacks for trade & I guess if I breed it the offspring would be a hack too & I don't want to trade someone a hacked Pokemon.

If you want to, you can post on my thread and I will breed that shiny starter for you :)
As for the hack, release it would be a best idea.

tabor62

Years
I went ahead & traded for it. But it was a giveaway so I just traded them a regular old Spoink for it.

I'm not familiar with how to hack check things. When I can I'll try breeding it to see if it comes out with anything funky, but I also don't know what's considered weird though either lol.

If nothing else, I'll get the dex entry out of it.

If you want to, you can post on my thread and I will breed that shiny starter for you :)

Don't delete it, if possible, upload it to Pokecheck and post the legality analysis in the Hack Report so I can black list it. Or if you can't, trade it to me and I'll do it for you.

Years

I don't want to release it just yet. I'm not going to trade it to anybody or anything though.
And okay, shinyness isn't a requirement for me. :)

Don't delete it, if possible, upload it to Pokecheck and post the legality analysis in the Hack Report so I can black list it. Or if you can't, trade it to me and I'll do it for you.
Um, ok lol. I will get on my computer & see about that.

It's a Mudkip, by the way. In case anybody was wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back