• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you go through your first Playthrough of B/W2??

Years
Do what I normally do. Grind in the beginning until my stater is Lv.10 or whatever. Catch the stat worthy Pokemon then dispose put them in my PC when I find a stronger one. I'll take my time going through this one, no speed runs for me.
Once I achieve the "100%" save i'll delete it. Then try to go for the random challenge that someone here will make up.
But probably because i'm too emotional smart I won't delete it... for online/multiplier experience of course.

Years
For my First run-through, me and my friend are getting opposite games and playing through alongside each other. I already have 5 of the 6 Pokemon I want Planned, but I'm not sure whether to change who I want for my starter. I don't know whether to ditch my starter this time around or not. Just because I don't want to repeat those 3 starters again.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
Focus on side quests and not rush though the game like i did with the last few ones. kinda want to nick name all my Pokemon after Avatar/Korra characters XD

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I know I'm planning on trading over a Tynamo to use as my "starter" as soon as possible. Other than that I'm gonna catch what I want and try to enjoy it. I'm kind of glad my Japanese version didn't work so I can enjoy it in English for the first time.

Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2013
well i'm starting white right now so it's a bit premature thinking about W2 but generally i have a single run per game. I try to achieve everything, talk to everyone and complete the pokedex. I do not plan the team (even just because i don't know gen 5 pokemons), i use the ones i fancy at the moment.
Due to the fact i got white i don't think i'm gonna buy black too

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
> Don't know anything about the plot or unexpected trainer battles
> Plan entire team and movesets in advance
> Never use any Pokémon I've used before
> Trade Pokémon with egg moves from Black for maximum pwnage
> Go through everything blind, without any walkthroughs (if possible)
> Have six-on-six battle with mate with our in-game teams after beating the game (keeping the teams secret to one another)
> Pwn his ass

> Have a flipping good time.

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2013
I will just go through it normally, but i'll choose snivy this time(in black and white i got tepig/oshawott)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I'm having a difficult time with this. I have no clue how I'm going to go through the game. I don't know if I want to do a monotype run with Water, Nuzlocke it, or what, but I'm probably going to go through like a Torchic with my head cut off catching Pokemon and boxing them and training them until I finally end up at the Elite Four and can no longer trade in Pokemon from the box. Definitely going to try and see all the features and savor each one while I can, though.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
As spontaneously as I can.
Seriously, I've had it with all the spoilers, and the team planning. I'll just randomly pick my starter and catch Pokemon as I go along.

NiGHtsBeta09

Rescuer/Explorer/Trainer
Years
I love the idea of the cards, that's neat! ^^" As for me, I usually go in with a pre-planned team of sorts, maybe changing it along the way if I feel like it. I will do different runs later, but not yet, until I've explored the entire game normally. :P

blue

gucci
Years
Just over two months now until it's released internationally, doesn't seem long ago that we were just finding out about it back in February! I'm sure I'll be more cautious with this game considering I haven't imported from Japan so I'll be more reluctant to check everything out before progressing.

Colress

Pokemon Strength Researcher
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2012
Going to breed some super Pokemon for my team.

I won't trade anything else over to that game other than event Pokemon and my TRU Regigigas from a couple years ago.

Back