• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
Well I'm going to try to decipher it... the Nidobbys evolved into gendered Pokémon back when there weren't genders, so they had to be distinct. They've solved that now I guess- Burmy line style- but forms are just different versions of the exact same Pokémon rather than distinct but related species. So if you say like... Mewtwo getting a new form would be similar to him being a "form" of Mew... that's not right. Because Mew and Mewtwo are different Pokémon from each other and they can't alternate between being one another. With forms, it really is like... DBZ style where certain abilities are powered up and they change shape and whatever, but they're still the same Pokémon they were. Besides in cases of fusion. And I'm not sure that all of those stories would work well with forms. Mew vs Mewtwo and the cloning stuff wouldn't, but Keldeo powering up to defeat Kyurem would. Does this make sense?
Mew can actually transform into any Pokemon, including Mewtwo I think. Though, I'm not sure it goes the other way around :/
I hope it's not a form but an actual new Pokemon. I've never thought the whole form change aspect fit Pokemon very well. Either way, it does look pretty cool, and might fit along with the genetic theme of the game names just by virtue of being a Mew type Pokemon.
Wow, this makes too much sense o_o

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It can transform, yeah, but it can't be. It doesn't suddenly gain Mewtwo's life history, emotional baggage, philosophy, and experience. It's not the same Pokémon. A new form, though, would be a physical alteration of Mewtwo, still having all of that- his entire self- in a new physical shape.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
"Mewnegativeone"
Best name ever.

Well. Now I want to draw Mewthree/Mewnegativeone. T: At least I'm only some hours late in finding out about it.

Excuse my having been so inactive. I just got home (it's nearly 10pm here) and was gone for seven or so hours. >_> Probably will continue being inactive, considering how tired I am.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I see everyone's talking about the new Pokemon here too. I expected that.

Yeah I don't think it's a new form and hopefully it isn't. I hope it is just a new Pokemon that looks like Mewtwo/is related to Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I got peeps bombarding me with IMs on skype about this. Told them to CHILL OUT because I wanna read this for myself. :(

Overall, to me it looks like a female version of Mewtwo, but it's impossible to have genders in legendaries, sooo I'm just gonna wait for more stuff to come out. \o/

Echidna

i don't care what's in your hair
Years
You think it looks female?

Well, that's a whole new perspective. :I

I don't really see it as a female really. It just looks like a cuter version of Mewtwo IMO.
Besides, Mewtwo is gender-less. I don't think they'd change that now.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah I think it definitely isn't quite as badass.

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years
Honestly, I think Mewnegativeone is a better, more succesful form of mewtwo.

Could we be witnessing the return of... TEAM ROCKET?! (please, yes)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It def looks more fragile, but I'm not sure if that says anything about the Pokémon's actual stats. But all I really want for Mewbuu, or whatever it is, is a good story. ;;

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I know right? It should totally catch on. Like to the extent Seedbby did. I still can't remember either of that thing's actual names half the time... Dammit Syddy! D:<

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Mewbuu? Genius. What's Seedbby though? All I know it's one of Team Fail's alt accounts. I'm just hoping the story in the new movie explains the origin of the new thing more. Like what's it's origin? Did Mewtwo clone itself and formed that in order to fight off the 5 Genescet in the movie? Or did Team Plasma took DNA of Genescet and created the new Pokemon? Or maybe they cloned Mewtwo and the new one was the results. I hope the story of it's origins in the games and anime is good.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh you weren't around back then were you? Christ it was actually that long ago oh god what even and the Genesect/Mewtwo movie comes out soon but that's on my ninth frickin PC-versary and that's three days before I turn 20 WHERE HAS TIME GONE

*cough* Anyway.
Seedbby is the nickname Sydian gave Churine/Petilil back when it was first revealed. And... it stuck.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Time flies by too fast nowdays :c

I remember when FireRed and LeafGreen was all the rage cause they were remakes. God, that was ages ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back